Tip.It Times - 1st July 2012

tripsis

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

callingwriters.jpg

WRITE FOR THE TIMES - SUBMIT A GUEST ARTICLE:

Remember, YOU can write an article for the Tip.It Times! You can apply to write full time, or just submit a "one-off" guest article any time you want! Our editors will work with you to ensure that your article is ready for publication. All guest articles can be submitted to @tripsis or any other Editorial Panel member. For more information, including details on how to apply full time, read this forum thread: http://forum.tip.it/topic/209138-how-to-write-for-the-tipit-times/

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

[hide=Read these rules before posting in this thread]

Rampant flame wars have taken control of virtually every week's times discussion topics. The following guidelines must be followed when posting on this topic. Posts that ignore these guidelines will be removed.

1. You are invited and welcome to express like or dislike on articles and a particular author's writing style. It is not acceptable, however, to flame or personally insult an author. Posts that aren't anything but an attack will be removed from the topic.

2. Spelling and grammar errors can be reported to tripsis by PMing her and they will be fixed promptly. It is not necessary to post them on the discussion topic.

3. Off topic posts that do not discuss the content of that week's articles will be removed. This is not the place to discuss the direction of the times, how much you love or hate the times, etc. Off topic posts will be removed.

By keeping within these guidelines, Times discussion topics will mean more for the Panel and Administration than just a place for flame wars. Flame wars do not provide any useful feedback to the Times, which is mainly what we're aiming for with these topics: feedback.

This policy is effective as of now, November 17, 2010. Any posts prior to the creation of this policy may or may not be removed according to the new guidelines.

[/hide]

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in an article then please PM them to @tripsis. :)

Enjoy the articles!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

First post? ALRIGHT!

I thought the first article on the BETA was a good evaluation and I shared many of the same feelings. I really wish Jagex would let more people in sooner.

The second article about the lost magic of Runescape really hit the nail on the head. I think Runescape has really evolved and gone in a different direction, a direction that is apparently necessary, but in no way appeals to me. As much as I love Runescape, I will never start a new character, it just wouldn't be the same.

Shouldn't Freedom negate the overpowered stun abilities? 15 second stun-breaker for 15 second stuns. Unless there are stuns that are not on a shared cooldown, Freedom should make any stun abilities just minor nuissances.

22031_s.gif

I read the first two topics, and both of them were great.

About the combat BETA one: I too think it's a bit sad that the BETA isn't used that much. I believe that perhaps the reason to this is the first couple of hours problems. It really was impossible to play for me to play right after the release, and many people like me had waited for a long time to log in and test it. It's also a bit sad with all this duping going on within the BETA. This is the combat BETA, not the rare-duping BETA.

About the magic article: Certainly the old tutorial island and the old start of RS was good. But this new Troll Warzone start is in my opinion much better. If it costs some of the old "magic", well, then that is a price that I can be fine with.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Have been beta - ing quite a lot.

Predominantly negative feedback to give, however - i.e. probably about the 90% mark.

I don't PVP but even the little experience of Castle Wars I had was less enjoyable than I find it now.

Tutorial Island made people learn something. Now everything is just overdirected and micromanaged nonsense. Diving into the unknown is a much more educational adventure than never wandering off the beaten path.

The beta will desperately need a tutorial for all the changes in numbers and combat systems. Too much has changed and it doesn't have direct correlations (difference between +str bonus and +crit % bonus for example) or how to navigate the interfaces properly.. (Hoping a bunch of this is simplified and fixed but...)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yet, why do I feel as if I would prefer my own, grueling experience over the new one?

NostalgiaGoggles(1).jpg

Well played. :thumbsup:

Also the fact that the current tutorial is much less indepth than the one we have now.

Wait, isn't the current tutorial exactly the same as the one we have now? :mellow: