3 July 2012 - Carnillean Rising

Leoo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn now I want a wolf pup pet. THEY WERE SO ADORABLE.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Say what you want about the rest of the game, Jagex has never lost its touch with quests. I enjoyed it immensely.

Agreed. Great quest. I'm happy they managed to pull of the update i was looking forward to the most this month. |^_^|

I did want one of those wolves as a pet though. My heart melted a little when I walked in and they were chasing a rat and occasionally barking.

That was a great quest. I laughed, I pwned, much fun was had. Except for this one part...

heytakeitback.png

[bleep] YOU, NOSTRILLA.

Oh, and I was devastated when SUPER SPOILERS Phil ended up killing those two little puppies... I thought they'd just run away or do something cute, not just die like that END SUPER SPOILERS

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I thought that was a pretty fun quest, especially when Philipe was asking if it was glitched and then complaining about not enough combat. The developers were trying to give us a glimpse into how they feel.

Would have rather not lured two baby wolves to their deaths, but it didn't ruin the quest. Philipe gets 2 free spins as part of his rewards and is introduced to SoF at a young age, Sir Ceril had better lock up his credit card

Yeah, those wolves were adorable and I'd rather not have harmed them... but considering how 'permanent' death often is in Runescape, I'm not too terribly concerned. I definitely support getting one as a pet - I'd actually walk around with that, instead of growing it and just sticking it in my house collection.

Also the wiki says that there are more locations for Phillipe that we just can't yet access, so there's more lamps to be had once they release future quests. (Who wants to bet that he'll wind up in Prifddinas?)

That was a standard Jagex quest: not incredibly difficult, but lots of wit and very entertaining to play. I like the idea of scaling rewards, too; it'd be fun to collect those slowly over time as you leveled up and completed more quests throughout the game, but it's also a nice chunk of xp for those like myself with a quest cape. Solid update, considering they're probably putting most of their effort towards the combat rework.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Quest wasn't horrible, though ever since I got a comp cape they've annoyed me as I cannot bring myself to do anything before I finish the quest so I'm always rushing through it. But suppose that's all my own fault.

I have one complaint, the tunnel area kept 50% glitching for me. I have a bit of a rock and hard place thing with internet selection. Which is either dialup or hughesnet. I often pick dialup because of hughesnet 3-4 second delay in click action. Many of the new areas 50% load glitch, which forces me to close the game client, reload it on hughesnet, log in on hughesnet, reload the client again (automatically get a game token has ended message when you switch internets), then I can log in and continue. This is really annoying if you consider how many times you go in and out of the tunnel (think I had to do it 3 times).

I also have this problem at runespan with dialup D: and seems to be a trend for me with all new updates.

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Challenge: Use feather with the tied-up girl. :oops:

Runescape isn't that sort of fantasy game.

The new Bandos design says otherwise.

Challenge: Use feather with the tied-up girl wearing bandos armour?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Say what you want about the rest of the game, Jagex has never lost its touch with quests. I enjoyed it immensely.

This is true. I'm always really hyped when a new quest is released.

I will third that.

and

[hide]I refused to kill the pups, only the matriarch died.[/hide]

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Well I guess I'm in the minority. I found the quest average. The story was predictable and cliché. They made the effort to hire voice actors, yet don't give them anything interesting to say. There are some indie single player games out there that have some really great storytelling. They can hire voice actors, and the game has the technical capabilities to be just as good as those games, if the people who were writing the storylines and the dialogue had a creative brain on them. Shame. Anyway I guess people are happy with the quest because they're used to mediocrity, while RS has a ton of quests it's really more quantity than quality. On a positive note I thought the graphics in the cave were pretty nice.

2480+ total

Quest was good I'm quite interested to see what happens with the hazeel mark on the wall though. And the lamps are a nice bonus.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Anyway I guess people are happy with the quest because they're used to mediocrity, while RS has a ton of quests it's really more quantity than quality. On a positive note I thought the graphics in the cave were pretty nice.

I'd like to agree with this for a different reason: This year's quests have definitely been mediocre. This quest definitely can't stand up to something like One Piercing Note (As another low level voice acted quest), but it's an improvement over the two others from this year since it serves as something more than an introduction to a new bit of high level content.

Anyway I guess people are happy with the quest because they're used to mediocrity, while RS has a ton of quests it's really more quantity than quality. On a positive note I thought the graphics in the cave were pretty nice.

I'd like to agree with this for a different reason: This year's quests have definitely been mediocre. This quest definitely can't stand up to something like One Piercing Note (As another low level voice acted quest), but it's an improvement over the two others from this year since it serves as something more than an introduction to a new bit of high level content.

I think this one is on par with One Piercing Note. I felt it hit all the areas nicely... Even combat and left off with a bit of room to see some other quests build off of it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm starting to think Jagex are releasing less quests because they don't want to hit the 200 quest mark.

With all the quest removal and such I'm not sure if the 200th quest will share the same kind of fanfare that the previous milestone quests received :P

Just feels odd.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm starting to think Jagex are releasing less quests because they don't want to hit the 200 quest mark.

With all the quest removal and such I'm not sure if the 200th quest will share the same kind of fanfare that the previous milestone quests received :P

Just feels odd.

They only removed one quest and it really wasn't even remotely close to anything with the lore... Romeo and Juliet was just jagex trying to invest some time and effort into a sizable quest with their infamous puns and jokes.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just feels odd.

They only removed one quest and it really wasn't even remotely close to anything with the lore... Romeo and Juliet was just jagex trying to invest some time and effort into a sizable quest with their infamous puns and jokes.

Romeo and Juliet wasn't removed, it was replaced by Gunnar's Ground.

The quests that were removed were Sheep Shearer and Witch's Potion. To me it just feels weird that technically the 100th quest is no longer RFD, or that the 150th isn't The Chosen Commander.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just feels odd.

Romeo and Juliet wasn't removed, it was replaced by Gunnar's Ground.

The quests that were removed were Sheep Shearer and Witch's Potion. To me it just feels weird that technically the 100th quest is no longer RFD, or that the 150th isn't The Chosen Commander.

It was removed. And those two are just the same...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Quite a nice quest, could've used a bit more customization imo.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted