Why PC Gaming Sucks

Faux

I used to have a strong stand on consoles because of price VS the price of a computer because I was to poor to build one. Then I started making money and upgraded my first computer and had a ego the size of the sun basically saying that PC gaming is better. Now it's just whatever. Each has their benefits and drawbacks. Personally I am a PC gamer now, but i am not going to say my way of gaming is all mighty and that consoles suck. We are just gamers and I respect anyone who is a gamer. Maybe a very idealistic stand but it's whateves.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I used to have a strong stand on consoles because of price VS the price of a computer because I was to poor to build one. Then I started making money and upgraded my first computer and had a ego the size of the sun basically saying that PC gaming is better. Now it's just whatever. Each has their benefits and drawbacks. Personally I am a PC gamer now, but i am not going to say my way of gaming is all mighty and that consoles suck. We are just gamers and I respect anyone who is a gamer. Maybe a very idealistic stand but it's whateves.

It almost seems like everyone spends more time arguing about the best way to play games than they spend playing them. :-P

• Like 1

aint that the truth

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

PC ports are usually better, but mass effect 1 is some retarded shit.

PC exclusives are the same old dull ass shit. LOL, MMOS, minecraft, Garys' MOD....

Consoles are getting to be attractive again.

At least to me since I haven't touched one since like I started on this game 9 years ago.

Sony really needs to make PS4 backwards compatible.

Xbox's hardware is garbage. I saw it on CNN. (50% DOA rate, no shit) Which makes it slightly less reliable than PCs 

Ninetendo, well, they screwed me over with N64, $100 memory card upgrade to play that legend of zelda game after ocarina of time.... maybe they still make decent games, no idea since they hold all theirs exclusive and still refuse to go belly up.

Man, if I have to replace another graphics card, hard drive, memory stick, or motherboard because of onboard video card nonsense then I'm done with PC's, period....

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The whole thing about "replacing a pc" every 2 years or whatever is slightly silly

for starters; for some reason no one really knows this; most all RAM is made in the same factory. Just the speeds/heatsinks differ, and the speed differences aren't noticable normally. I can't notice the difference between 1333 and say 2100mhz. Thus, RAM will last until you want to replace it. Killing RAM is stupid hard to do. Nearly impossible.

Processors can last as long as you want them to. My buddy has a first gen i7, and she's still kicking-- intel doesn't even offer support for the original i7's anymore. If you have a lower end processor maybe upgrading every 3-4 years is good. 

Storage is cheap, and it's getting cheaper. You can easily get 1tb HDD's for $50-$60 on sale. DOA HDD's happen, it's nbd. You can use HDD's until they die. You can also get HDD's that spin at different RPM's. SSD's are awesome, definitely speeding up boot times and game loading efficiency stuff. You can get as many HDD's and SSD's as you have ports for them on your mother board.

computer cases can be had for cheap; my first computer case was a mid-tower for $30.

Motherboards are a big deal, but my mobo cost $100 and I have ZERO complaints. It has a plethora of features I can't be bothered to use.

Graphics cards are really the only "problems." I have a sc gtx660 and I have no complaints as of right now. Eventually I'd like to upgrade, but I'll definitely wait for the 800 or 900 series cards. If they get severely delayed I'd just get a 780ti. Otherwise I can get another  gtx660 and SLI. While graphics are generally heightened game after game, upgrading your graphics card and/or staying up to date with drivers is fairly important for the best results

peripherals aren't a big deal at all. For a while I played battlefield 3 and a host of other games using a $5 dell mouse, and I was fine. For my keyboard, I used a keyboard I had owned for like 6 or 7 years, and it was fine. I decided to get new peripherals because I felt like treating myself; not because I needed them. I have macro keys on my keyboard and mouse, but I almost never use them.

without going into monitors and stuff to that nature, PC's are great to do everything on. School work and gaming are all compiled into one setting.

never heard of anyone doing their homework on an xbox personally

r8 m8s

• Like 1

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

• 3 weeks later...

When people say to replace PCs every 2 years they mean in order to maintain top performance on games. Obviously the components can last much longer. I think changing PC every 2 years is a bit excessive, but some people have a lot of money and care a lot about any small drop in performance.

• Like 1

2480+ total

I find a large amount of PC Ports to be rather crap. That Sonic racing game is a good example. It's horrendous without a controller.

This reminds me of when I bought Saint's Row 2 during the last Steam sale! And then tried Dark Souls without a controller.

Granted, the latter game has basically perfect controls on a controller, but they really don't translate well to keyboard/mouse.

Can't hear you over the sounds of my Crusader Kings 2 playing in front of me and The Last of Us playing on TV.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

• 1 month later...