Hello, could you please add shrani.si to the unblocked list?

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Whew, this is going to take a bit to get used to. On the plus side, the quick reply has a more robust WYSIWYG editor.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

So how many warning points till one busts? Was it necessary to put them in such an obvious place? It's like you're trying to do a sword of Damocles-ish scare tactic. I reckon most very old users like myself don't even remember what those points refer to.

The blank avatar face is a bit annoying, it's everywhere. I'm sure some people just don't want to put anything in their picture square. Now we're doomed to look at those grey squares forever...

Apart from that it looks good from the little I've seen.

Edit: I just noticed. No more join date written? That's not cool. It's always nice to know.

2480+ total

So how many warning points till one busts? Was it necessary to put them in such an obvious place? It's like you're trying to do a sword of Damocles-ish scare tactic. I reckon most very old users like myself don't even remember what those points refer to.

The blank avatar face is a bit annoying, it's everywhere. I'm sure some people just don't want to put anything in their picture square. Now we're doomed to look at those grey squares forever...

Neither of those changes were specifically made by us, they were in the software already. Is there not a "More Details" button if you click your warning points on each warning showing you why they were given?

I like most of the update but with a lot of things being moved around it's going to take a while to get used to.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I think its a shame that people's join date is no longer written under their name/avatar it was one of those pieces of information that told you a bit about the user at a cursory glance. Also, my one warning point is going to shame me and irritate me forever now + it was over a year ago! Do they not ever expire?

Having said all that negative stuff though generally this is awesome and I'm already enjoying the new features.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I think its a shame that people's join date is no longer written under their name/avatar it was one of those pieces of information that told you a bit about the user at a cursory glance. Also, my one warning point is going to shame me and irritate me forever now + it was over a year ago! Do they not ever expire?

Having said all that negative stuff though generally this is awesome and I'm already enjoying the new features.

Well I know it's a little more than glancing but you can just mouseover their name and the popup tells you their join date.

Currently warnings don't expire automatically, but I think we can have them do that (in earlier versions of IPB we could not, so none of them have expiry dates).

There is an expire feature, but that's not something we utilize. We have our own record-keeping system. For example, if you were to break the rules again, we wouldn't ban you because you now have "x amount of points." We always consider how much time has elapsed since your previous offense before dealing out punishments.

But we're not using the built in point expiration system because honestly it kind of confuses things. And for us it's easier to look at points as how many times you have been warned. Again, it doesn't factor into punishments, but it's easier for us to manage. So if you did break the rules again, we'd easily see that you have 1 warn point and thus you have a record topic somewhere (and we document everything in the same user topic). So then we could find that topic and add onto it. But if you have 0 points because 1 expired, our first thought would be that you have a clean record, even though that's not true.

Honestly it's kind of hard to explain to someone that isn't a moderator since we have a very specific system :x So sorry if this isn't making much sense. Ultimately, just remember that we don't have a limit and we don't really use a point system. It's NOT as if 5 points = suspension and 10 points = permanent ban. That's not how we work. Just think of it of 1 point = 1 time you've been contacted.

Our aim is not to shame you or make you feel bad. But my understanding is that the option is built into the system like this:

Allow all other non-protected groups to see their own warn points and reasons [Yes] [No]

Right now that is set to "Yes." But if we were to set it to "No," you would no longer see your warn points, which is good (for people who don't like it). But at the same time, you'd no longer have access to the reasons behind your warnings. And we feel it's beneficial for you guys to be able to keep track of your own warnings over time.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Mouse-hovering this makes something weird...

[set=aura:12103,head:6286,cape:7331,neck:5502,quiver:id,weapon:9071,body:6647,shield:8012,legs:6545,gloves:11809,boots:4326,ring:10599]

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

(And hopefully profile pictures besides last posted names turn into avatars instead... my picture's squashed at the moment. o_O)

That's because profile picture = Avatar now.

Well I know it's a little more than glancing but you can just mouseover their name and the popup tells you their join date.

IP.Boards 3, right?

It should be possible to make it appear under our avatar, with the rest of the info.

IP.Boards 3, right?

It should be possible to make it appear under out avatar, with the rest of the info.

I'm certain it's possible, it's just not a huge concern right now, might get around to it though. :) Top stuff that needs fixing at the moment is link colours when editing a post, item/equiment builder sets and friends list pagination.

Where are the notes located that we had before on our profiles?

They might have gone, I didn't know they were being removed but I can't see them. It was probably removed because not that many people used the feature. I do have backups of our data though so if you had anything crucial in there you need I should be able to find it.

Where are the notes located that we had before on our profiles?

They might have gone, I didn't know they were being removed but I can't see them. It was probably removed because not that many people used the feature. I do have backups of our data though so if you had anything crucial in there you need I should be able to find it.

Nah it's fine :) I was just curious to where they might have gone.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Mouse-hovering this makes something weird...

[set=aura:12103,head:6286,cape:7331,neck:5502,quiver:id,weapon:9071,body:6647,shield:8012,legs:6545,gloves:11809,boots:4326,ring:10599]

I'm looking into that right now.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

My suggestion: remove the Like daily quota.

I mean, seriously?

We don't want to completely discourage people from posting. :) The idea is to use it when you strongly agree with a post but don't have anything to add to merit your own comment. This isn't really meant to be like Facebook where you can go around liking everything.

• Like 1

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'm already finding that when I click on the button to get to the latest unread post in a topic, then I finish and go somewhere else on TIF/the internet, the icon is staying illuminated.

Hey this looks like MMO champ now. Me gusta. First hing I did was go back to deflection theme.

But WTF is with the siggy being blocked?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]