Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post-Upgrade Details

News Tip.It Community

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

GrandZephyr
[ Display Name History ]

GrandZephyr

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:grandzephyr
  • RSN '07:grandzephyr
Can we do something different with unapproved image hosts please?

ie, instead of just showing [Image blocked; please upload at an approved host.]
Include the URL of the blocked image, so those interested can either click a link to it or copy/pasta the url into the address bar.

Thanks =D

Sbrideau
[ Display Name History ]

Sbrideau

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  • Location:Saint-Georges, Québec, Canada (very close to the Maine border)
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sbr
I've been experiencing some slowness lately, not sure if it's related to this new layout but it was pretty fast before the upgrade. Now it can sometimes take a full minute to load pages.

Edit: Has the problem been fixed? All of a sudden it's pretty fast again O.o. I'll see when I get up tomorrow I guess.

Edited by Sbrideau, 08 August 2012 - 05:46 AM.

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis

Can we do something different with unapproved image hosts please?

ie, instead of just showing [Image blocked; please upload at an approved host.]
Include the URL of the blocked image, so those interested can either click a link to it or copy/pasta the url into the address bar.

Thanks =D

Sorry for the delay - we'll look into this!

I've been experiencing some slowness lately, not sure if it's related to this new layout but it was pretty fast before the upgrade. Now it can sometimes take a full minute to load pages.

Edit: Has the problem been fixed? All of a sudden it's pretty fast again O.o. I'll see when I get up tomorrow I guess.

Today MageUK applied a patch that should have fixed the slowness quite a bit. :) Hopefully you notice a significant improvement!
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RSN:Stev Peifer

Today MageUK applied a patch that should have fixed the slowness quite a bit. :) Hopefully you notice a significant improvement!

Yes. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

09144a99bb.png

MageUK
[ Display Name History ]

MageUK

Behind You

• Administrators
  • 2,371 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Pure_MageUK
Yeah, I replaced one of the queries IP.Board was using by default for topic loading, in some cases we've seen load times drop from 40-50 seconds ( :?) for a large topic, to under 1 second. The problem used to be that because some topics were so large, whenever someone opened one of them, it would be sorting such a large result set that it would choke the whole database server (thus causing the slow load for everyone else) until the query finished. Now that these queries run in less than a second the forum should be faster for everyone. I've also submitted the appended query to IPS with a view to them including it within their future releases.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Tip.It, Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users