how many warning points do you have?

Low Levelled

In lieu of no response, I suppose I'll keep my follow up as short as I can (I'm going to write a book). Being in any staff position on this site is a serious time commitment. Also, keeping our work honest is the only way to honor all the time, effort, and passion that has gone into making this site what it is. If we wanted to bully people, there are easier ways to do that then taking on what is essentially a part time job (minus the part where you get paid), and without destroying the legacy of everyone that came before us.

Being more transparent, as we see it, means that we would open ourselves up to privacy issues, and having our rulings governed by the court of public opinion, rather than the actual rules and guidelines we operate under.

By giving the warnings in a one on one situation, we create the best possible environment to reasonably discuss any questions or concerns. Sometimes people don't understand how they broke the rules. Sometimes we misinterpret what was said and give a warning or ban in error. We need an environment where people can be calm and civil to work all this out, which means not having random by standers chip in with their opinions.

Equally as important, the court of public opinion is extremely unfair. Either we would be at the mercy of the whims of whoever could shout the loudest, or we lose any ability to be flexible, to deal with circumstances (such as trolls) or unforeseen situations. We certainly do limit our own flexibility, to ensure that we are being fair, and can't push things too far, but at the same time we keep a little bit of wiggle room. There is already enough paper work that goes into giving someone a warning without needing to add pages long justifications for any deviation from the Standard Operating Procedure. The SOP exists to keep us in line, and prevent power abuse and limit any unfairness, but at the same time it is not a ridged set of rules.

The ideal here really is that for the people who follow the rules, our efforts are entirely invisible. They know we exist because we have public ranks identifying us, but it's not something we want our users to need to be concerned with if they don't have to be (so unless they break the rules).

Anyway, that's about as sweet as I can make it. As promised, here is the questionnaire as well that was done a while back if anyone here is interested. Send it to myself or Tripsis. While I wouldn't take this as a blank check to break the rules in your response (so, it would be helpful if you didn't include lude pictures or a string of racial epithets), we have no interest in taking retribution against people who don't agree with us. This is how we learn and improve.

[hide]

Copied from this thread:

The Tip.it administration is pleased to present the first ever general survey, a chance for all our users to provide us with feedback about how you use the forums and our site, as well as feedback on our staff and policies, in an effort to see how we can improve ourselves to better suit the needs and wants of our users. We are looking for feedback from all our users, whether you are new to the site or a veteran, whether you have a clean record or a rap sheet as long as you are tall.

When filling out the survey, please be as honest as you like, don't worry about hurting our feelings. You are welcome to mention specific Staff members or events if you feel it it would be helpful to us, including naming administrators. We want to know how you truly feel, even if you have negative thoughts, as this is the best way for us to self improve.

Only administrators will ever know what your answers are, and your name will be kept 100% confidential. Information relevant to specific staff groups will be shared with that group in the following manner:

After we have received and reviewed the results of the survey, the administrators will compile a summary of of the replies detailing areas where you think we need to improve, as well as areas you think we are handling well. We may use bits and pieces of peoples responses in our summaries, but no names or identifying information will be included. It is these summaries that will be presented to the relevant areas of our staff.

Please PM completed surveys to @Randox or @tripsis.

Let the Survey begin!

[hide=Code Version - Please copy from here]

[member=YOUR DISPLAY NAME HERE]

[b]How often do you use Tip.it?[/b]

[b]Do you enjoy your time on Tip.it?[/b]

[b]What do you use Tip.it for? (guides, calculators, database, etc.)[/b]

[b]What do you use the forums for? What sections do you frequent?[/b]

[b]Do you like the Tip.it staff members? Have you ever had a bad experience with any of them?[/b]

[b]How do you feel about the level of moderation on Tip.it? Are we too strict, too lenient, or just right?[/b]

[b]Do you have any suggestions or recommendations about our rules or how they are enforced?[/b]

[b]Do you have any suggestions for how we can be more transparent with our moderation?[/b]

[b]Do you have any suggestions for other information about our site or staff that you would like to see us provide?[/b]

[b]Is there anything else you would like to tell us about the staff, the site, or the forums?[/b]

[/hide]

[hide=For viewing only]

How often do you use Tip.it?

Do you enjoy your time on Tip.it?

What do you use Tip.it for? (guides, calculators, database, etc.)

What do you use the forums for? What sections do you frequent?

Do you like the Tip.it staff members? Have you ever had a bad experience with any of them?

How do you feel about the level of moderation on Tip.it? Are we too strict, too lenient, or just right?

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations about our rules or how they are enforced?

Do you have any suggestions for how we can be more transparent with our moderation?

Do you have any suggestions for other information about our site or staff that you would like to see us provide?

Is there anything else you would like to tell us about the staff, the site, or the forums?

[/hide]

[/hide]

7 from when I was sarcastic and got into multiple arguments. Oh and a few signature violations. Nothing in the past year, though.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I tried getting warned but didn't get any :(

Though, I have some from Nic and Rainy_Day from when I was on staff

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I tried getting warned but didn't get any sad.png

Though, I have some from Nic and Rainy_Day from when I was on staff

This is an official Goon warning. Further infractions will result in a Goon ban.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Further infractions will result in a Goon ban.

If you win three of these, you can trade up to a tier 2 prize.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Being in Goon's presence is a prize <3:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

What prizes are included?

Three sticks of gum, and your choice of a half filled bottle of sprite, or an empty can of dr pepper.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Three sticks of gum, and your choice of a half filled bottle of sprite, or an empty can of dr pepper.

Correction: The Dr. Pepper can has .25 ounces in it, due to the last winner being a whiny little [bleep]. The .25 ounces is iced tea without ice, though.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Correction: The Dr. Pepper can has .25 ounces in it, due to the last winner being a whiny little [bleep]. The .25 ounces is iced tea without ice, though.

Goon warnings for all. I do not appreciate you pushing the envelope like this, and if you keep it up, you will be Goon banned.

Goon warnings for all. I do not appreciate you pushing the envelope like this, and if you keep it up, you will be Goon banned.

Is there an appeal process? I don't mind my TIF warnings, but I really really don't want to be goon banned.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

No you don't.

Appeals should be in the form of a 3 page essay in a sealed envelope that also contains $3 and mailed to:

Goonstalf

1 Reindeer Lane

North Pole

Is there an appeal process? I don't mind my TIF warnings, but I really really don't want to be goon banned.

When you read the fine print, you'll see that Goon bans are non-transferable. But if you happen to collect 4 authentic* tier 2 prizes, you can trade up to a tier 3 prize.

♪♪ And I'm not done

When you read the fine print, you'll see that Goon bans are non-transferable. But if you happen to collect 4 authentic* tier 2 prizes, you can trade up to a tier 3 prize.

So what's a tier 3 prize?

RIP Michaelangelopolous