11-Jul-2012 - Social Slayer & Gielinor Games Preparation

Saradomin_Mage

At least make the toolbar-ish thing in the client closable or hidable. I use the client BECAUSE I don't want that there.

Social slayer is ok for people who like being social. Exactly how I was expected it to be. Going to try the games in Varrock now.

Except that any sane slayer would be using potions of their own, and repotting far before the boost reaches half.

But prayer and summoning pots? That's 50% free prayer and sum points for your partners. Also if you use brews that's free healing, in case you decide to hunt bosses for a slayer task and you decide to use that to heal. Not sure when that would apply, but in any case brews = free healing.

cookj.png

Cooking should be turned into this, lol.

dp3047a.png

COINCIDENCE??? I THINK NOT!!

Except that any sane slayer would be using potions of their own, and repotting far before the boost reaches half.

But prayer and summoning pots? That's 50% free prayer and sum points for your partners. Also if you use brews that's free healing, in case you decide to hunt bosses for a slayer task and you decide to use that to heal. Not sure when that would apply, but in any case brews = free healing.

cookj.png

Cooking should be turned into this, lol.

dp3047a.png

COINCIDENCE??? I THINK NOT!!

Its funny because I was thinking the EXACT same thing lol.

Yeah, I wonder if Prayer Potions/Saradomin Brews/Summoning Potions work with the ability. I could see this being really handy if you were duoing the KBD or Kril as a slayer task.

Someone wanted a pic of bandos

w6Mc.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

K, so with Max DirectX graphics, Varrock has (yet again) got a memory leak which lowers me from 40 fps to 1 fps. Like the 5 other times this has happened, turning textures of fixes the problem.

The Games preperations wasn't much, but i guess I can snatch up some points before the real thing. Shop is locked until the games begin.

Ok update, but I wish they wouldn't introduce memory leaks for Varrock every time they change something in the square.

Someone wanted a pic of bandos

w6Mc.png

I'm sure bandos armour was upgraded graphically last week with Carnilliean Rising, as for social slayer, meh another update i'll never use..out of interest what rewards are available to buy with co-op points? I saw pictures of recoloured d'hide/rune armour somewhere this past week on here

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Noones stated yet - but if you complete a task you started with a friend, do you get the team-points AND normal slayer points?

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

@Arcley

And having one more social activity hurts how exactly? I really really don't see the problem.
I don't have any problem with the concept of group slayer' date=' in fact I was quite excited for it, I am merely dissatisfied with [i']how [/i]it was implemented, not that it was implemented.
One update that doesn't make the game needlessly easier and people are already complaining. No wonder game companies are so keen on introducing power creep.
Nonsensical apologetics on your part. So just because we have legitimate concerns with this update, we shouldn't voice them? We should pretend to like it? The problem isn't "ZOMG, they didn't make the game easier, time to complain". The problem is that the update failed to accomplish its goal(addressing the fundamental problem of limited monsters/crowded spots). This update doesn't phase me either way, I have long been 99 slayer, I merely offered my opinion so that it may be a good update for those who have still yet to train slayer. It's not about making the game easier for me, per se, it's about addressing some concerns which have always been there in slayer(crowded spots). If anything, by pointing out this failure, we are engaging in constructive criticism, so that the particular update can be successful. But hey don't let that get in the way of you arguing against some half-baked straw man where everyone just complains ad-nauseum for the sake of it!

Noones stated yet - but if you complete a task you started with a friend, do you get the team-points AND normal slayer points?

Yes. Your slayer points depend on how much you contributed though.

I'm more interested in the rewards, where can I find a complete list?

Talk to a slayer master.

Or.... Read above.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Does anyone know whether duo-tasks respect both block lists? If so, then it would give a duo who always tasks together the chance to have up to 12 slots. That actually could increase overall xp-rates. Yes, you'd get half the xp per task, but tasks should be about 50% faster. (and this assumes you're both near equivalent so that you both get about 50% of the kills)

12 blocks would mean a lot more control over what tasks you get.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Sure. Here are all the Jmod replies, which have actually been collected from other threads in tech support I think.

[hide]

Mod Hodge

Jagex Mod

11-Jul-2012 12:12:50

Hey guys,

I can understand that this change isn't ideal for you and you feel like we are pushing this onto you, however we wanted to mimic the current view in the browser and also make it very accessible to jump straight to the website or the forums if you need assistance.

Kind regards,

Mod Alex

_____

Jagex Mod

11-Jul-2012 12:23:06

Hey guys,

I am sorry to hear your not liking the website bar in the client, we always welcome suggestions from the community and it would be good if they could make it a toggled option in the future, sadly though for the time being at least the bar is there and will not be removable.

Again should you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Best Wishes,

Mod Alex

______

Mod Alex

Jagex Mod

11-Jul-2012 12:30:31

Hey C 3,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this.

This is actually a new update to the client that has seen the browser bar imported into it. This was done to make it easier for you to connect to the website whilst playing through the client.

Should you have any further questions about this please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best Wishes,

Mod Alex

_____

Mod Mozza

Jagex Mod

11-Jul-2012 14:08:23

Hey guys,

We really appreciate all the feedback that you guys are giving us and we really value your input especially just after updates. I am passing this all up to the RuneScape team so we can look into the possibility of reverting this back.

I understand that many players are not keen on the new change but let me reassure you we have done this in the idea that it will benefit players who want to be able to quickly access parts of the website. We never have the intention of upsetting you all. I can't promise that this change will happen soon or even at all but I will definitely make sure that you guys get heard.

All the other minor item glitches will be fixed in an update which should happen in around 30 minutes.

I hope this helps put your mind at ease but if there is anything else you need then please don't hesitate in getting back in touch.

______

Jagex Mod

11-Jul-2012 14:35:11

Hey guys,

We always have players best interest at heart and this update was to benefit those who love a quick click into the forums.

I understand however that in the views of others that this seriously effects their gameplay and the appearance of the game which is why we are taking the feedback very seriously.

We all love good updates and nothing makes us happier then seeing all the hard work we put into place being enjoyed by players so we will continue to do our best in bringing top quality content.

However mistakes can happen and sometimes what looks good on paper may not be well received when implemented. But this is what we are here for, to review what was implemented, listen to you guys and change anything which will make the majority happy.

Like I mentioned before I can't tell you when this will happen or if it will happen at all but I will make sure to put the point across and pass up as much feedback as possible.

Very good idea on the confirmation on the 'X' button I must admit I have done that myself once or twice in the past, I will pass that up as well!

______

Mod Mozza

Jagex Mod

11-Jul-2012 14:48:24

I understand that many players use it to get immersed in the game as it appears bigger and less cluttered with the browser not being around but please let me reassure you I am making sure you guys have your say

[/hide]

Anyone who wants to access the rs website while playing can alt tab to a different window. No one is helped by adding the damn bar. On top of that, who the hell uses the website for anything while playing besides the grand exchange database (all the information from which can be gained from, you know, going to the grand exchange in game)?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

One update that doesn't make the game needlessly easier and people are already complaining. No wonder game companies are so keen on introducing power creep.

Nonsensical apologetics on your part. So just because we have legitimate concerns with this update, we shouldn't voice them? We should pretend to like it? The problem isn't "ZOMG, they didn't make the game easier, time to complain". The problem is that the update failed to accomplish its goal(addressing the fundamental problem of limited monsters/crowded spots).

Nah, it was more about you focusing on the exp efficiency of the update rather than monster locations/crowding. Which seems a separate can of worms completely.

Not sure what you were hoping the update would be like but if both players got full exp, then that would totally force anyone who cares about their efficiency at all to do duos exclusively, not to mention *double* their exp rates. It wouldn't even fix crowding because people would be doing twice as many tasks as before.

I can't see how they could've solved those issues with this update. What actually helps is adding a lot more tasks so people are spread out more, and maybe new locations to do the old ones (although this is a sloooow solution, might be worth it trying to come up with better ideas). Speaking of which...

That would actually be bad for crowding if it works for obvious reasons.

Sure. Here are all the Jmod replies, which have actually been collected from other threads in tech support I think.

[hide]

Mod Hodge

Jagex Mod

Hey guys,

I can understand that this change isn't ideal for you and you feel like we are pushing this onto you, however we wanted to mimic the current view in the browser and also make it very accessible to jump straight to the website or the forums if you need assistance.

Kind regards,

Mod Alex

_____

Jagex Mod

Hey guys,

I am sorry to hear your not liking the website bar in the client, we always welcome suggestions from the community and it would be good if they could make it a toggled option in the future, sadly though for the time being at least the bar is there and will not be removable.

Best Wishes,

Mod Alex

______

Mod Alex

Jagex Mod

Hey C 3,

This is actually a new update to the client that has seen the browser bar imported into it. This was done to make it easier for you to connect to the website whilst playing through the client.

Should you have any further questions about this please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best Wishes,

Mod Alex

_____

Mod Mozza

Jagex Mod

Hey guys,

We really appreciate all the feedback that you guys are giving us and we really value your input especially just after updates. I am passing this all up to the RuneScape team so we can look into the possibility of reverting this back.

I understand that many players are not keen on the new change but let me reassure you we have done this in the idea that it will benefit players who want to be able to quickly access parts of the website. We never have the intention of upsetting you all. I can't promise that this change will happen soon or even at all but I will definitely make sure that you guys get heard.

All the other minor item glitches will be fixed in an update which should happen in around 30 minutes.

I hope this helps put your mind at ease but if there is anything else you need then please don't hesitate in getting back in touch.

______

Jagex Mod

Hey guys,

We always have players best interest at heart and this update was to benefit those who love a quick click into the forums.

I understand however that in the views of others that this seriously effects their gameplay and the appearance of the game which is why we are taking the feedback very seriously.

We all love good updates and nothing makes us happier then seeing all the hard work we put into place being enjoyed by players so we will continue to do our best in bringing top quality content.

However mistakes can happen and sometimes what looks good on paper may not be well received when implemented. But this is what we are here for, to review what was implemented, listen to you guys and change anything which will make the majority happy.

Like I mentioned before I can't tell you when this will happen or if it will happen at all but I will make sure to put the point across and pass up as much feedback as possible.

Very good idea on the confirmation on the 'X' button I must admit I have done that myself once or twice in the past, I will pass that up as well!

______

Mod Mozza

Jagex Mod

I understand that many players use it to get immersed in the game as it appears bigger and less cluttered with the browser not being around but please let me reassure you I am making sure you guys have your say

[/hide]

Anyone who wants to access the rs website while playing can alt tab to a different window. No one is helped by adding the damn bar. On top of that, who the hell uses the website for anything while playing besides the grand exchange database (all the information from which can be gained from, you know, going to the grand exchange in game)?

I make extensive use of youtube while playing runescape, as well as online connections to radio stations. While I do have a collection of music, I tend towards entire discographies of a few artists, and maintain more diverse playlists on youtube. Or if I want to listen to something a bit different and maybe pick up some new favored songs to add to my youtube lists, I listen to the radio. I also use tip.it to look things up while I play.

As a result of my desire to listen to music, I never use the client because it disables all the media control buttons on my keyboard for some reason. Chrome has an excellent full screen which doesn't cause the bar to drop down ever (so it never resizes on you), and if I need more, I can use fullscreen mode.

Does anyone know whether duo-tasks respect both block lists? If so, then it would give a duo who always tasks together the chance to have up to 12 slots. That actually could increase overall xp-rates. Yes, you'd get half the xp per task, but tasks should be about 50% faster. (and this assumes you're both near equivalent so that you both get about 50% of the kills)

I read on RSOF (J-Mod confirmed) that only the person who requests the task for the pair has their block list respected.

Can't be bothered to find the quick find code right now, maybe later.

Flyingjj.png

[hide]

Mod Hodge

Jagex Mod

Hey guys,

Kind regards,

Mod Alex

_____

Jagex Mod

Hey guys,

Best Wishes,

Mod Alex

______

Mod Alex

Jagex Mod

Hey C 3,

Best Wishes,

Mod Alex

_____

Mod Mozza

Jagex Mod

Hey guys,

______

Jagex Mod

Hey guys,

______

Mod Mozza

Jagex Mod

[/hide]

They're listening to us just like they did when they started selling SoF spins.

"We found that the main problem players have is the amount of XP that can be gained and we're working on balancing it..."

A few weeks later:

*More XP lamp rewards from ___ to ___! Buy your spins now!*

09144a99bb.png