No more Bonus XP weekends

Leik

I wonder what the short term effects of this are going to be? Will we see a knee jerk reaction in herb values, where everything drops like a rock? Or will there be a contrary reaction?

In any event, expect to see a lot more people dropping cash on SOF, as they can use the lamps from SOF and literally "buy" levels.

nyuseg.png

oh.... Now I will have to rethink how I will get to 400m for 99 f2p prayer...

Prayer never worked on bonus weekends. F2P players don't have access to bonus weekends, and prayer alters/ectofunctus didn't work on bonus weekends. So unless you were going to bury bones on a member server the old fashioned way...?

</ontopic>

This so much. I remember when hh came out, I thought it'd be a cheap way to level herblore, but it was pretty much just a hunter update (which I'm very much grateful for). I just don't want to camp ganos for 50 hours to buy 99 herb.

What?! A skill that I have 99 and Meredith doesn't?! Honestly, I did herblore via free xp, torstol farming (cleaning the herbs) and while I did spend a fair amount of money.. I did it over such a long time that I don't really feel like I spent that much on it. (Except at the end where I made overloads)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Dumb.

Obviously, they get in the way of SoF.

Look for more "Win big SoF Weekends".

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I wonder what the short term effects of this are going to be? Will we see a knee jerk reaction in herb values, where everything drops like a rock? Or will there be a contrary reaction?

In any event, expect to see a lot more people dropping cash on SOF, as they can use the lamps from SOF and literally "buy" levels.

Hmm. That's a good point. Another push for some people to drop cash onto the SoF.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I'm kind of glad to see this. It was a little disappointing that some people were only leveling up thanks to bonus XP weekend making it easy.

Basically, this. Yes I took advantage of the two I was around for for summoning (first weekend) and herblore, and I planned on saving alot of gp on 200m herb during bxp, I would have preferred they were never introduced. Glad they are stopping them, albeit a bit too late. Probably would not be as many 200m herblore/other skills (and summoning page would def be different).

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Whelp there goes that last bastion of awesomeness. Wonder what the next members perk they'll axe then re-release as a monetized version.

I wonder what the short term effects of this are going to be? Will we see a knee jerk reaction in herb values, where everything drops like a rock?

More than likely, considering people don't realize how useless extremes/overloads are in the new combat environment.

hzvjpwS.gif

They should introduce new ways to train herblore, rather than a twice a year weekend where it is easier.

Yeah, something like the RC update for herblore. Well, maybe not quite that much.

One of the dumbest things they did with effigies was remove them BEFORE the Runespan. Had they nerfed effigies and released the Runespan in the same update it would have been far better received, Similarly, they should release a better of training herblore BEFORE ruining the best (by far) way to train it. (I'm optimistic that there will be an update, That being said, I'm like 250k from 96 herblore. There's a good chance I'll get it purely with Pengs, Troll Defence or whatever its called, and lamps I get from my free SoF spins.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

<p>

oh.... Now I will have to rethink how I will get to 400m for 99 f2p prayer...

Prayer never worked on bonus weekends. F2P players don't have access to bonus weekends, and prayer alters/ectofunctus didn't work on bonus weekends. So unless you were going to bury bones on a member server the old fashioned way...?

</ontopic>

To the f2p'ers bxpw was an easy chance to double our monies, so there goes one of the better bi-yearly money makers.

Kinda bummed about this actually. I have one last 99 I would like to get (fishing), and a couple more of these weekends would have been nice to have along the journey. On the other hand, I can't say I am going to miss dealing with the economy going bonkers for 4 weeks twice a year.

What I will say, is the nice thing about mad may style necklaces is the total lack of rush. I still have mine at full charge, sort of hoping I can still use it. If not though, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. So if we are getting something different, I could go for bonuses that work on my own time.

As far as I can tell, the economy went bonkers for a lot more than 4 weeks usually. (about the time we'd recover from the first one it would start messing up for the next one, because people would horde things almost from the minute the last bxpw finshed)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Eh, it's only a 10% boost for Summoning anyways. Ovls is sucks.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm not sure how you'd do that, I suppose just with proper investing?

Hypothetically one would buy up the bulk items (nature runes and so forth) and wait for BXPW to hit and dump them on the last minute buyers. Furthermore, you could buy alch items substantially below their market price over the weekend (ex: addy plates, 1k profit each, 500/4hrs) and alch or sell them a few days later. However, the efficacy of these methods fell with each passing BXPW as more players caught onto the game. I never did much myself, but hopefully that was a satisfactory explanation.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

They need to stop killing my herb profits. First making overloads useless in EoC and now this. :XD:

I'm currently stuck with what should be almost 30m in herbs currently going for half that. Maybe a bot nuke would help. :P

Flyingjj.png

Glad they pointed this out. No more stressing out and preparing for this.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow