No more Bonus XP weekends

Leik

It's not like herblore would be that much more expensive than many other skills (crafting, smithing, construction etc.). You can get 99 with less than 100 mils. Just go gather some money. Or clean herbs and do it for free.

u5zhkTY.gif

Jagex in all likelihood will still tweak overloads and turmoil to be worth having for EoC. Just because they suck now in the beta doesn't mean they always will.

• Like 1

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Think about this way.

With bxpw gone you can freely train buyable skills whenever you want. No longer waiting six months just so you can get levels in a skill without feeling like you're wasting money.

They'll probably ruin it with new microtransactions though yeah.

It's good they announced it on time. I'm looking forward to events like double dungeoneering and hati, but I'd prefer items that weren't tied to being member for a specified period of time, more on playing certain content during a number of months.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Introducing! Bonus XP Weekend Ticket! Now a rare item in the SoF!

Win it or buy it and get to participate in the next private BXPW!

I can totally see it...

Brilliant, they should hire you

Heh, I'm glad they saw the light. Content like Hati is the way to go, and I hope we see more of that instead.

So long as this doesn't involve the SoF, I'm happy. I'm not optimistic about that though, but let's take it a step at a time.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's not like herblore would be that much more expensive than many other skills (crafting, smithing, construction etc.). You can get 99 with less than 100 mils. Just go gather some money. Or clean herbs and do it for free.

Please tell me you're joking. 100m is kind of a lot to most players.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

He's not joking. I've dropped over 1b on skills on different accounts without blinking an eye. Money is too easy to make, and I've started from scratch twice on one account, and on every other account.

Didn't play much the last bxp weekend. And I found prices don't change like they used to. Doesn't mean much to me.

I enjoyed BXPWs in the past... the only thing I didn't like was that they announced it so early. I was of the opinion that they should announce it on the day of, right before the update went live, as a fun surprise.

That being said... I don't really care that there won't be any more. I never "held off" on training something until a BXPW came along. Granted, I planned for two of them, but it was never anything like "I'm not going to train XYZ at all until the next BXPW." It was more like, "I'm training Farming already, so I may as well plant Magic and Palm trees for BXPW next week."

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

He's not joking. I've dropped over 1b on skills on different accounts without blinking an eye. Money is too easy to make, and I've started from scratch twice on one account, and on every other account.

Didn't play much the last bxp weekend. And I found prices don't change like they used to. Doesn't mean much to me.

Most people are not able to make money that easily.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I've just come to a realization about something.

They nerfed experience gains through making effigies more rare, then released the Squeal of Fortune.

Now they're removing BXPW's... but what are they replacing them with?

I was browsing the future update forum in search for teasers on next weeks update, and came across a thread named something along the lines of "We don't want Solomon". It caught my attention. Solomon seems to be a new NPC Jagex are releasing soon. He is mentioned in the BTS through the "New exclusive fancy items" area.

I did some digging and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF3D8nPJu1U

Now, I don't know if they will be introducing EXP-boosting items through real life cash or if this genie is just selling cosmetic items for large amounts of in-game cash (which I wouldn't have a problem with). I see a similarity in the drawing style of this 'Solomon' character and Yelp's and his wheel of demise. If that's just me being paranoid or not, i don't know.

Could this mean they rethink other content too? :S

rofl

no

To me re-think of BXPW is:

Investor people are happy with SoF making us money as people are like OMG FREE XPS!

Investor's see BXPW info, wait wait! People love these? People are waiting for these to help them get xps?

Yeah scrap them they clearly denting SoF sales and public opinion of sof.

But they are really popular!

Don't worry you can crowbar in a genie who sells 10 hours of 2.7* xp to a skill of chocie for $50 a go, then people won't be angry!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm patiently awaiting the inevitable Double XP Tickets. "Just throw some cash Jagex's way and you can have double XP for a whole 24 hours! Don't forget that this month only members have a chance to win Double XP Tickets from the Squeal of Fortune."

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I'm patiently awaiting the inevitable Double XP Tickets. "Just throw some cash Jagex's way and you can have double XP for a whole 24 hours! Don't forget that this month only members have a chance to win Double XP Tickets from the Squeal of Fortune."

Solomon has the potential to be much worse then double xp tickets on the squeal wheel

Has anyone noticed on the squeal the button at the bottom that says watch this video for a free spin, its basically an advert.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

We seem to know a lot about this update based on just an image and a ridiculously ambiguous sentence.

Qft.

@ Stev - Jagex is run by investors who want money. I'm pretty sure Jagex realizes how much people dislike the SoF, but the investors don't care and they have the majority share. Tbh, I just wish Jagex could be honest about it. SoF was put in game because of monetary reasons. Hell, it's not hard to put a positive spin on monetary reasons, especially with the upcoming combat update.

Removing bxp is similar to removing effigies in my mind - probably a good thing overall, but we need something to replace it. Effigies hurt runecrafting the most, then runespan came out. Similarly, removal of bxp hurts herblore the most. We need something to make herblore better to train.

Agility is also one of the skills that most needs revamped training methods imo.

• Like 1

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png