Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

10 Year Veteran Cape + Solomon's Store, 17th July

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Prices aren't exactly very lenient either. It costs ~$50 AU to buy the assassin pack. $50? I spend less then that for a 100 day membership card. Hell, that's my rent per week. If they're going to go down the micro-transactions path, at least make them affordable.

Popoto.~<3

Lep
[ Display Name History ]

Lep

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lep

Umm, yes that is a real date. And my recoveries currently say they were set this year bc they were removed when I was hacked, but I have pictures of my account with them being in Feb of 02.

My first account was started Summer of 01 with this account in October. I do hope it gets resolved because I want that cape!! Ha

Peace,
Vann

I have a couple of accounts that I'm 100% sure I made after scythe came out(end of 2003) that have recovery questions set on 28 feb 2002.
If your account shows 28 feb 2002, it's incorrect date. The countdown at Hans is real. If you think you started in 2001, you have to think again because you have a memory loss.

He's right. I was 100% sure I made my account in RSC as I vaguely remembered tents but I guess it's possible I simply watched a video on it way back then and over those 8 years have somehow developed a memory of playing RSC... I was 13 when I started RuneScape and it's pretty amazing what memory loss you have of your younger years. That's 8 years ago according to Hans and it's just like when I was a baby. :mellow: I remember asolutely nothing from those 8 years except a few pointless memories.

SixFootOne
[ Display Name History ]

SixFootOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Six Foot One

Prices aren't exactly very lenient either. It costs ~$50 AU to buy the assassin pack. $50? I spend less then that for a 100 day membership card. Hell, that's my rent per week. If they're going to go down the micro-transactions path, at least make them affordable.

Sad part is people are buying them. Someone bought the assassin already

Posted Image
Posted Image

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Leik
~1.4k days until my 10year cape, lol. Oh well. This update overall feels like a no-update week. Disappointing to say the least.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Pandapk
[ Display Name History ]

Pandapk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 19 posts
Your recovery questions saying february 2002 was a well known glitch for years. Many people with accounts created in 2005 or later reported having their screen saying recovery questions being set in feb. 2002. Anyways, have access to 10 year cape on 5+ accounts, all f2p :/ Have to wait 3 more months for my old black pure turned maxed main to have access. Oh wells, still have my bunny ears to skill in!

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

Posted Image

Let's not start this pointless discussion again. If people want to spend their own money on this stuff then who are you to judge?

It offers absolutely no advantage in terms of gameplay so it's not hurting you. I seriously have to question why people take this standpoint.

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo

Umm, yes that is a real date. And my recoveries currently say they were set this year bc they were removed when I was hacked, but I have pictures of my account with them being in Feb of 02.

My first account was started Summer of 01 with this account in October. I do hope it gets resolved because I want that cape!! Ha

Peace,
Vann

I have a couple of accounts that I'm 100% sure I made after scythe came out(end of 2003) that have recovery questions set on 28 feb 2002.
If your account shows 28 feb 2002, it's incorrect date. The countdown at Hans is real. If you think you started in 2001, you have to think again because you have a memory loss.

He's right. I was 100% sure I made my account in RSC as I vaguely remembered tents but I guess it's possible I simply watched a video on it way back then and over those 8 years have somehow developed a memory of playing RSC... I was 13 when I started RuneScape and it's pretty amazing what memory loss you have of your younger years. That's 8 years ago according to Hans and it's just like when I was a baby. :mellow: I remember asolutely nothing from those 8 years except a few pointless memories.

RS2 is less than 10 years old. I started in RSC and I've still got a bit left before the cape.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

Posted Image

Let's not start this pointless discussion again. If people want to spend their own money on this stuff then who are you to judge?

It offers absolutely no advantage in terms of gameplay so it's not hurting you. I seriously have to question why people take this standpoint.

It does look cool though.

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
I liked this update. Because now "The Real Sees_All1" is now just "Sees_All1".

I never wanted a title, and now I can get rid of it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

SixFootOne
[ Display Name History ]

SixFootOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • RSN:Six Foot One

That's not what I am talking about. I don't care what they spend their money on. I was agreeing it's very expensive. I don't like the idea that people are already buying it for these prices only encouraging jagex with this. That's what I find sad, the expensive prices being reinforced with people already buying. If the guy wants to spend $30 or $50 on an outfit that's fine. But damn I think it could use some adjustment. At no point was I judging the guy.
Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

You could get rid of it before.

How much does 1 runecoin cost?

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT
Well, I'm a bit worried about them introducing content that gives an advantage to players who blow cash on the game (as the SoF already does, but much more directly via Solomon's shop), but I don't think that's likely to happen very soon. I think Jagex knows they're pushing their limits with this as it is. Could it happen farther down the road? Yeah, and I won't be too surprised if it does, I just don't see it in the immediate future.

As it is right now, I'd definitely like them to take out the xp/gp/item rewards from SoF and put in Runecoins or the like to keep it from being a pay-to-win feature, or remove buyable spins altogether, but I'm not terribly upset about that.

I don't know that I'll spend much in Solomon's store myself (I can't get the thing to load, actually), but I have no problem with others doing so since it's just cosmetics. And who knows, maybe something in there will catch my eye and I'll blow some cash on it - Lord knows I do that enough with video games.

I really like the new customization interface, especially for titles. I'd like to see some other ones added into it, though, like the TzHaar and Vyre titles, so that it can truly be a complete list rather than a mostly-complete list.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts

You could get rid of it before.

I didn't see any obvious way to do it as a F2Per. But it's gone now, and that's all that matters to me.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT
Okay, got the store open now.

There's a couple packages, like with SoF spins. The basic package is 200 Runecoins for $5, so two and a half cents for 1rc. (Other packages include: 420rc for $10, 900rc for $20, 2400rc for %50, 5200rc for $100.) The stuff in the store ranges from titles for 18rc to the Assassin package (full armor set, weapon, home teleport animation, title, and emote) for 1620rc.

One thing I noticed: The "Thrifty" title is free (0rc) for anyone who wants it, at least for now.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo
Ha, I just realized people can use the weapon swap things to sneak rune crossbows in at Nex.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

demby123
[ Display Name History ]

demby123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
And it'll only get worse.
Posted Image
Posted Image

brad1431
[ Display Name History ]

brad1431

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,183 posts
  • RSN:thegame1431
it is cosmetic only, FOR NOW, but it will get updates and soon you will be buying RS gold and items in Soloman store, mark it down!!!!

brad1431
[ Display Name History ]

brad1431

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,183 posts
  • RSN:thegame1431
oh and bonus exp, you will be able to buy later this year as mod mark eluded to when he said no BXPW

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I suspect Jagex is fighting very hard to keep things that give an advantage out of the Soloman store, off the SoF, and out of the game in general (though obviously some of the SoF rewards do have an impact). Something that get's lost in all the hurt and dismay, is that many of the staff would seem to be on our side. Jagex are between a rock and a hard place, since they don't have majority control of themselves. We already saw it in the EoC diaries, where they are fighting to keep as much of this bull out of the game as possible, for as long as possible. I suspect they are doing this by convincing their board that doing so would cause the game to die faster, and they can get more money by sticking to the cosmetics and minor advantages over the long haul.

So after thinking about it for a bit, yes the Soloman store is ridiculously expensive compared to membership, or reality. But people are using it, and I imagine the egg heads at Jagex figured that the prices they set were low enough that they can get considerable money out of this. While it might be nice to see things be more affordable, we might have to trust that they did price it right, and this will make them lots of money. Unfortunately, not seeing high powered weapons and armour showing up in that shop probably hinges on how much money they can make off the cosmetic stuff, so we should all be hoping that as many people as possible blow as much money as they can on it. It is the lesser of two evils, and if it can't deliver, I'm sure we will start seeing real advantages for people that are willing to pay. That will probably be inevetible. The game will really start decline sooner or later, and they will milk it like we haven't seen yet when that happens. They are holding it in reserve for now.

So I guess I am happy to see the shop. Even though it seems like the prelude to something much worse, right now it is hope that Jagex can keep their investors in check. Unfortunately, I also feel that loyalty points might have taken one for the team. We might see another update there, but I doubt we will see more cosmetic geared stuff, at least nothing beyond the minor.

b6brc9.jpg

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RSN:Makoto D
I'll bite again...

Something that get's lost in all the hurt and dismay, is that many of the staff would seem to be on our side. Jagex are between a rock and a hard place, since they don't have majority control of themselves.

I can believe this. Jagex has, over the years, consistently sided with the player and listened to feedback to improve the game.

Now, if you can't read that sentence without thinking that it's sarcastic - despite that not being the intention - then you'd realize that it's really not about what Jagex says, but about what they do. Internally, I'm convinced that JMods aren't comfortable with any of these changes to the game, as they add development work without increasing the value of the overall game. But it's still being developed. That fact hasn't changed. It creates a schism between Jagex and its community, as it seems that they're saying one thing and doing another - and that's what's been happening.

It's something that does get lost, but I don't blame the people that forget this. It's too easy to see the disconnect.

So after thinking about it for a bit, yes the Soloman store is ridiculously expensive compared to membership, or reality. But people are using it, and I imagine the egg heads at Jagex figured that the prices they set were low enough that they can get considerable money out of this. While it might be nice to see things be more affordable, we might have to trust that they did price it right, and this will make them lots of money. Unfortunately, not seeing high powered weapons and armour showing up in that shop probably hinges on how much money they can make off the cosmetic stuff, so we should all be hoping that as many people as possible blow as much money as they can on it. It is the lesser of two evils, and if it can't deliver, I'm sure we will start seeing real advantages for people that are willing to pay. That will probably be inevetible. The game will really start decline sooner or later, and they will milk it like we haven't seen yet when that happens. They are holding it in reserve for now.

That's the beauty of it. It's comfortable with people. There aren't any advantages, so why should we get up in arms about people spending cash for RS items?

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with being OK with this update. And you yourself prelude what its likely the inevitable fate this game will face. But do take time to observe how it's being introduced. It was, at first, a violent jolt to your system (a-la SoF), and now it's a gentle immersion. Soon, it won't be a problem to buy an hour of 1.175x bonus experience for $7.95. I mean, realistically it's not that much of an advantage, and if they want to blow that kind of cash on experience, that's on them.

Just think about it for a bit.

I'd say the real Catch-22 is, if you took your money elsewhere in protest, they'd only ramp up their efforts.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users