200 Million Accounts! Thank you!

Blyaunte

200 Million Accounts! Thank you!

It's been over 10 years since RuneScape first opened its doors, and during that time, over 200 million players have passed through them. This is an immense milestone and to celebrate in true RuneScape style we have a suitably awesome event in game for you.

Party demons have appeared in the Barbarian Village, Varrock Sewers and the Bandit Camp, but they've been partying for so long that they just can't stop. Hey Presto the mage, who's waiting for you near the demons, knows just how to put them out of their misery though, and it's up to you and your friends to take down the demon's 200 million hit points with the Boogie bow. There are no requirements needed to wield the Boogie bow - so everyone can take a shot. A special party gift awaits those who do. What's more, its open to both free players and members and totally risk free - no deaths from the demon's!

But hurry, the demons won't be partying for long.

As well as our in-game event, we've launched our celebratory site. In honour of you, we have produced a ton of great stuff to feast your eyes on. There's a timeline to well up the nostalgia for you - with all the significant events in RuneScape's history. There's an infographic with some truly mind bending factoids, a video with some words from our team, and a page dedicated to celebratory videos made by you, our fantastic players. The testimonial page features a playlist from our video competition with our 200 winning videos (who all get signed concept art), and our 5 finalists who are each in with a chance of winning lifetime membership to The World’s Greatest Adventure.

Enjoy the party! And a massive big thanks from us to you!

The RuneScape Team

nyuseg.png

There is some enjoyment for those who get a kick out of seeing large numbers.

[hide]1000000maxhitsplat.png[/hide]

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Funky glasses.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Jagex didn't really make this as much of a big deal as I thought they would. Took all of 15 seconds to do and there's no reason to stay after you kill the first one. Oh well.

This bow could've been put to way better use as a real bow from a powerful boss or something.

Agreed.

• Like 1

As others have said, they haven't really made a massive deal over this in-game. The event took me around 15 or so seconds and that's including talking to the mage. The bow does look nice though.

Oh well, I guess it's something to 'show-off' in years to come..

ShadyAntics.png

... in with a chance of winning lifetime membership to The World’s Greatest Adventure.

"After-all to the well organised mind, death is but the next great adventure".

All joking aside, I'm guessing that this is a pretty cool milestone for Jagex... Though I want to know the percentage of accounts that are bots or goldfarmers.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

The large numbers actually bummed me out. I was looking forward to some sort of epic battle where 50 people would need to put some time into taking the monster down. And they still could have given us extra large numbers and made that happen. Instead it's like a 10 second kill, which seems very anti-climactic to me. The bow does look cool though, if a bit over the top, so I hope we get to keep it. The glasses could use an emote if Jagex has some spare time too.

200,000,000 accounts is a big achievement, you can't deny that. Even if a large portion of them were bots, it's still huge. Lots of bots still translates to popularity.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Why does the timeline continuously refer to quests as "Adventures"? Please don't say Jagex plans to change the name of Quests to Adventures.

• Like 1

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Just watch the Boogie Bow become a new recolour for the Dark Bow.

As for the event, I was hoping for something that took more time to do, although I do like the rewards.

22031_s.gif

Well done to them hitting 200m accounts created, regardless of whether they be actual player accounts or just bot accounts! Massive achievement regardless! :)

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

stalkingReading Jagex's facebook, they got a world record for this. Big achievement. :lol:

Oh, and a nice RSOF comment:

"180,000,000 Inactive

19,000,000 Bots

1,000,000 Legit players

1 amazing game!"

Gratz to you Jagex, it's stil an achievement! ;)

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

52dliv.jpg

Quick pic of the demon getting piled for you :)

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

It was nice to see the BIG Hits! I agree that the Glasses need an Emote.

There will be MORE Events/x2 Drops?/x2 Exp Events (Slayer, DG) also maybe

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Really let down by the 200mil accounts event, bow looks good but everything else was entirely below par.

For all the fuss Jagex made with there countdown they could've at least put more effort into the event, seems the 200mil on SOF was our main 'reward' yet it was released way to early :/

Overall 1/10, would've been 0 if not for the bow, just hope we can keep it.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.