Sizzling Summer Blow Out!

Ashoke

Ehhh, not a great feeling reading this post. It does scream "STAY SUBSCRIBED PRETTY PLEASE" and not a huge fan how they can put a price on a free costume now >.> its not worth 45 dollars unless you actually put it in the shop for someone to buy later, which I wouldn't be surprised if they do :P.

Really don't like the choose your faith either, dipping into rwt weapons with good stats is the breaking point for me :P

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

A newspost that talks about putting a price on items being given out, handing out chunks of XP for maintaining membership, and offering a powerful item for staying subscribed.

What actually happened to Summer content like quests, minigames, dungeons, whatever? I'd love to see RuneScape next summer, at this rate.

• Like 11

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

A newspost that talks about putting a price on items being given out, handing out chunks of XP for maintaining membership, and offering a powerful item for staying subscribed.

What actually happened to Summer content like quests, minigames, dungeons, whatever? I'd love to RuneScape next summer, at this rate.

Don't often say it, but this. This so much. A nice summer quest series, or a minigame would be amazing right now... I'll be a member for all of this anyway, so meh.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I see much raging in our future...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Its actually their chance to choose their fate... really, if they are willing to walk this step too and sell power items they don't deserve us as customers anymore.

• Like 1

Don't often say it, but this. This so much. A nice summer quest series, or a minigame would be amazing right now... I'll be a member for all of this anyway, so meh.

Indeed. "Content" is missing from the list of reasons to keep a subscription for those months.

Of course, I said the same thing before they released Runespan... :razz:

I remembered when RuneScape summers were mostly enjoyable and memorable to some varying degree in the form of a quest or update. The promise of loads of experience and various items for staying with them for another sixty or so days isn't memorable in the good sense... at all.

As for "Choose Your Fate", I'm not seeing too many choices personally.

You guys are such downers. You can't change everything that's not right in the world... But you can change your outlook on it all. You would rather be sceptical of jagex's plans than try to actually enjoy it. Sure even I am sceptical at times, but I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Hell with all of the emotes, outfits and other bs it's become rather bothersome to keep up and obtain everything especially since many of the call for runecoins, event participation, luck from SoF, etc. So I am going to enjoy my free summer emote, packs of cosmetic items and the hefty 1050k xp which will be used in dungeoneering.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Mm, okay, I'll happily take that bonus XP over a BXP Weekend (though it's not like I was going to cancel my subscription if I didn't get bonus xp in some form).

Er, putting a price on that cosmetic crap? Underhanded sales tactic I haven't seen from Jagex before. Boo @ sounding like an infomercial.

Choose your Fate, eh? Sounds like shit. Dislike. (And my guess for the "have a chance at" whatever? SoF. Clearly.)

I can understand lack of much content due to EoC and all, but making a text-only infomercial to keep subscriptions through the next two months is a bit much, in my opinion. Still, I'll probably enjoy my time here regardless, especially when I get the bonus xp. (The cosmetic crap will be thrown in my costume room if it can be, or destroyed if it can't, because I dun play Fashionscape.)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

What if "choose your fate" involves some sort of gambling with several prizes not the least of which is those four "powerful items" , and what they are actually giving us is a few tokens to spend on it. Choose your fate sounds like it could have some sort of tarot card theme.

• Like 1

2480+ total

Hahahahaha. That is all.

I still have my may necklace fully charged because these exp rewards are pathetic. They make for some leet collector's items though.

CHOOSE YOUR FATE!

CHOOSE YOUR FATE is a selection of four of the most powerful items ever seen in RuneScape. More exciting details on this next week! We promise you will not want to miss out on this and much much more…

By selection it could mean a poll, meaning that a new item will come into runescpae after the "selection", however seeing as how poorly worded this is every speculation being made by anyone is probably wrong. although i wouldnt put it past them handing out divines or something

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

to be fair thats how they make their money, why focus on the ones who play the game for free when its the paying members who fund what they do.

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

I miss RuneScape.

I couldn't agree anymore, I'm not saying I want to go back to 2005 but I miss the company that actually gave a shit about their values and stuck to them. I can understand needing money and all but there are ways to do that and still stay true to what you've always said.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I do quite prefer the idea of items that last for so much xp as an alternative to a bonus xp weekend. Even if they're pushing it through a massively annoying post, its nice to have the xp to use at your own leisure, and it not destroying the market for a good few months either.

• Like 3

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

1 mil xp and maybe a free spirit shield or torva, okay i'm game.

I'll stay a member even if I don't log in until it's handed out.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Are they this desperate? Really now? That is such an amazing deal.. I am with everyone else, the choose your fate is scary. I think they're getting very close to putting the last nail in the coffin :/

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012