Sizzling Summer Blow Out!

Ashoke

CHOOSE YOUR FATE!

CHOOSE YOUR FATE is a selection of four of the most powerful items ever seen in RuneScape. More exciting details on this next week! We promise you will not want to miss out on this and much much more…

By selection it could mean a poll, meaning that a new item will come into runescpae after the "selection", however seeing as how poorly worded this is every speculation being made by anyone is probably wrong. although i wouldnt put it past them handing out divines or something

No, someone will guess exactly what it is. Most of the time with mass speculation, someone hits the bulls eye. Imagine a bunch of blindfolded people throwing darts. With enough people, odds are someone will hit the bulls eye. Just like monkeys typing up the bible or Shakespeare.

Also, inb4 they give us a choice of 4 good items that are rendered useless with the combat nerf? XD

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

All seems kind of meh til the choose your fate bullcrap.

just hope they don't give out weapons/armour as part of it.

Well, if all of this wasn't enough, players who are members for the entirety of the Sizzling Summer (1st August GMT until 30th September GMT) will also have the envious chance to CHOOSE YOUR FATE!

CHOOSE YOUR FATE is a selection of four of the most powerful items ever seen in RuneScape. More exciting details on this next week! We promise you will not want to miss out on this and much much more…

Actually re-reading that it's obviously going to be some sort of weapon/armour. I mean the most powerful fishing rod/hatchet/pickaxe/box trap in all of runescape? doesn't quite sound right does it?

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Wait a minute.. Are they advertising that "you can now buy new items for 45 dollar?"

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

All seems kind of meh til the choose your fate bullcrap.

just hope they don't give out weapons/armour as part of it.

Well, if all of this wasn't enough, players who are members for the entirety of the Sizzling Summer (1st August GMT until 30th September GMT) will also have the envious chance to CHOOSE YOUR FATE!

Actually re-reading that it's obviously going to be some sort of weapon/armour. I mean the most powerful fishing rod/hatchet/pickaxe/box trap in all of runescape? doesn't quite sound right does it?

Well no, but I mean... I can't really force myself to believe they'd actually give out top of the line gear for money just yet. I don't know exactly what it will be if it's not combat gear but I still have a semblance of hope. Apprehensive until the newspost about this next week.

No snowflake in an avalanche ever felt responsible.

A newspost that talks about putting a price on items being given out, handing out chunks of XP for maintaining membership, and offering a powerful item for staying subscribed.

What actually happened to Summer content like quests, minigames, dungeons, whatever? I'd love to see RuneScape next summer, at this rate.

Exactly. There used to be so much new content released around this time, most of which was great. It's really depressing to see hardly any new content being produced.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Looks good, gee the community is sad these days can't Jagex post something without it being scrutinised.

So sad that it's like the "fashionable thing" to bash a game, and all the little clones fall in line.

'IVPex' bring it on themselves lately with these 'updates' lacking any real content and being crammed full of RWT 'content' that no-one really cares for.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Looks good, gee the community is sad these days can't Jagex post something without it being scrutinised.

If they posted things that weren't stupid and desperate maybe? I will admit that they do have a lot of development in the EoC update, and I can tell that many employees/Mods are working on this. We get lots of very good feedback. But I would prefer that without the garbage about "CHOOSE YOUR FATE" powerful item ambiguously stated that sounds just.. horrible.

I don't mind the bonus spins, or the free xp lamps at the end of the month. That is a lot better than the XP weekends.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

So sad that it's like the "fashionable thing" to bash a game, and all the little clones fall in line.

'IVPex' bring it on themselves lately with these 'updates' lacking any real content and being crammed full of RWT 'content' that no-one really cares for.

Yup. The primary focus of almost all of their updates now is how they can incorporate more RWT-based crap in the game. There is VERY little actual content being released any more. I also think that because of the precedent Jagex set of releasing their best high-level content in the Summer, many people are feeling disappointed and let down by the lack of useful updates.

• Like 1
td2sig.jpg

THE GAME IS RUINED! RIP RUNESCAPE SUMMER 2012. OBITUARIES TO BE POSTED ON RSOF SHORTLY.

Yes. Runescape has changed. Shocking that. Did you know things change? I sure as shit didn't.

XP. Lovely. Not so useful to me as of a fortnight ago, but I'll take it. Means I'll be able to smash Suomi to 200m all. But seriously, where were all these detractors when the BXPW came out. And, I do, actually, realise that some were starting to call it the death of runescape then (but when weren't they), but what difference was there between bribing people to buy p2p with a BXPW and this, apart from the length of which people are able to [gain] the experience.

OH. How about that time they bribed us to become members by having P2P as the 'full' game rather than a pissy demo.

Hint: Jagex is a [bleep]ing business. Businesses use this strategy called [bleep]ing marketing.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Cmon, it's not hard to see what the problem here is. To get a reward worth hundreds of thousands of exp points...

Before:

Be a member and complete an epic grandmaster level quest

Now:

Which part of this development "looks good"? Oh well. Even here many ppl seem to be blinded by the exp rewards.

• Like 1

Cmon, it's not hard to see what the problem here is. To get a reward worth hundreds of thousands of exp points...

Before:

Now:

Which part of this development "looks good"? Oh well. Even here many ppl seem to be blinded by the exp rewards.

And others blinded by the uncontrollable desire to [bleep] and moan.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Before:

Now:

At least someone sees the crybaby generation for what it is. The game has always been changing, it won't stop, sure SOF is a little naught with the EXP, don't talk about the coins if you win that in 500 spins your very lucky.

Everyone complained about the free items with game cards, have they cause such an impact that everyone's game has been ruined because someone's got an awsome powerful ornate katana? No.

Solomons is fine, it that store sticks to its pricibles it's just cosmetic, I'm happy with that, I've always wanted costumes that hide armour.

At the end of the day, the game changing and evolving isn't new, it's always stired up a little contravercy since day one, only difference is the community.

The games not the one changing in a horrible way it's the vanity if the community, it's almost like petty jealousy, 'omg I had to get 99 fishing on 60k an hour xp rate, now it's like 300k it's so unfair'

Seriously get over yourselves, what did you expect the game to remain slow paced forever. Nothing's as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, all this RWT whining is getting boring, if you honestly hate it that much don't buy it!

I'm sorry are you saying that you give a crap if someone spent $100 and got 350k exp worth of lamps, what's that got to do with your account & your play style? Absolutly nothing that's what!

It's all about people who did it the hard way being upset that someone might have done it a bit easier, I tell you what 'make x' had more of an impact on skill that SOF. Disagree with it, don't take part in it, but don't make every fecking discussion about it, it's boring, your boring, get over it.

Make your complaint and shut up, don't wait till a new post is released completely unrelated to the Solomons store and start [bleep]ing about it all over again.

I came to this topic (stupidly) expecting there to be some talk about what these four powerful items might be, instead to see infernal whining by morons about how everythings about money.. And more pathetic whining about the micro-trans additions to the game, I wish I could fast forward 5 years when hopefully this whiniy backwards time jn the community has died out. There hasnt been much decent discussion on tif since possibly 2007.

The community is what sucks not the game. It's just one large growing trend in today's society to whine and complain about everything, perminantly looking at the negatives and something to rebel against and the little clones all have the same lame old tired crap to say.

You all [bleep] about SOF and other things, but you all use it, you all do the daily spins, if you don't like it don't touch it, it's not affecting the game in any large way, no ones bought themselfs the rank one spot. You're all wasting your time crying over something your all using, hypocrites.

If you want something to campaign over it's bots.

• Like 1

THE GAME IS RUINED! RIP RUNESCAPE SUMMER 2012. OBITUARIES TO BE POSTED ON RSOF SHORTLY.

Yes. Runescape has changed. Shocking that. Did you know things change? I sure as shit didn't.

XP. Lovely. Not so useful to me as of a fortnight ago, but I'll take it. Means I'll be able to smash Suomi to 200m all. But seriously, where were all these detractors when the BXPW came out. And, I do, actually, realise that some were starting to call it the death of runescape then (but when weren't they), but what difference was there between bribing people to buy p2p with a BXPW and this, apart from the length of which people are able to [gain] the experience.

OH. How about that time they bribed us to become members by having P2P as the 'full' game rather than a pissy demo.

Hint: Jagex is a [bleep]ing business. Businesses use this strategy called [bleep]ing marketing.

I agree completely. Its become custom for the community to over-criticize jagex and degrade everything they do... except those pieces of content that shine brighter than the sun of course...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's like you totally missed the point...No one is complaining about game changing or getting faster. They're complaining about Jagex selling out. The people who made the game what it is, the people that made us spend years of our lives on the computer, have left us, all out of greed. For a while it was fine because amazing content was still being produced, but now all we get are stupid squeal of fortune promotions and more rwt. When we do get an actual update, it's either dead content within a week or a laggy graphical update.

• Like 8

It's like you totally missed the point...No one is complaining about game changing or getting faster.

They're complaining about Jagex selling out

?????????

Furthermore, had you bothered to read what was said, rather than taking a snippit and making it something different, I said:-

Did you know things change?

But that's irrelevant, since really, 'Jagex selling out' as everyone seems to be so quick to point out, has caused the game to change. And, really, they are complaining about the game changing. There are new xp gain items/options (be that your Mad May necklace or your BXPW) as a DIRECT result of the 'selling out'.

Before:

Now:

At least someone sees the crybaby generation for what it is. The game has always been changing, it won't stop, sure SOF is a little naught with the EXP, don't talk about the coins if you win that in 500 spins your very lucky.

Everyone complained about the free items with game cards, have they cause such an impact that everyone's game has been ruined because someone's got an awsome powerful ornate katana? No.

Solomons is fine, it that store sticks to its pricibles it's just cosmetic, I'm happy with that, I've always wanted costumes that hide armour.

At the end of the day, the game changing and evolving isn't new, it's always stired up a little contravercy since day one, only difference is the community.

The games not the one changing in a horrible way it's the vanity if the community, it's almost like petty jealousy, 'omg I had to get 99 fishing on 60k an hour xp rate, now it's like 300k it's so unfair'

Seriously get over yourselves, what did you expect the game to remain slow paced forever. Nothing's as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, all this RWT whining is getting boring, if you honestly hate it that much don't buy it!

I'm sorry are you saying that you give a crap if someone spent $100 and got 350k exp worth of lamps, what's that got to do with your account & your play style? Absolutly nothing that's what!

It's all about people who did it the hard way being upset that someone might have done it a bit easier, I tell you what 'make x' had more of an impact on skill that SOF. Disagree with it, don't take part in it, but don't make every fecking discussion about it, it's boring, your boring, get over it.

Make your complaint and shut up, don't wait till a new post is released completely unrelated to the Solomons store and start [bleep]ing about it all over again.

I came to this topic (stupidly) expecting there to be some talk about what these four powerful items might be, instead to see infernal whining by morons about how everythings about money.. And more pathetic whining about the micro-trans additions to the game, I wish I could fast forward 5 years when hopefully this whiniy backwards time jn the community has died out. There hasnt been much decent discussion on tif since possibly 2007.

The community is what sucks not the game. It's just one large growing trend in today's society to whine and complain about everything, perminantly looking at the negatives and something to rebel against and the little clones all have the same lame old tired crap to say.

You all [bleep] about SOF and other things, but you all use it, you all do the daily spins, if you don't like it don't touch it, it's not affecting the game in any large way, no ones bought themselfs the rank one spot. You're all wasting your time crying over something your all using, hypocrites.

If you want something to campaign over it's bots.

But thats illogical. You are hindering yourself for no benefit to not use the SOF. That doesn't mean you like it.

Counter example: In WoW, raids got nerfed. You could turn off the nerf. But no one else would. Thus, people could get ahead of you by using the nerf, while you didn't use it and fell behind. There was no way to tell that you did/didn't use it. In a competitive scene you use whatever is available. But that doesn't mean you agree with what is available.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

People have calling updates like runespan and the LRC as ways of selling it to players who want higher xp rates. Honestly this argument boils down to what players want, and they eventually get from jagex (as long as it isn't everyly epic and loreshattering), and what players don't want as to apposed to what the other players wanted. People who don't like these things should be rolling with the blows because its not like jagex hasn't done something you loved, but others abhorred...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I like to think this is more of a "subscribe if you're not a member already" more than a "keep your membership", otherwise I start thinking Jagex would really use these evidently controversial tactics to stop people reverting back to F2P :P. I look forward to my extra xp, but I do hope the "Choose your fate" option is as someone else suggested simply a poll, which would choose an item to be released in some other worthier piece of content

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png