Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SwiftKit Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Davidd
I would like to see the ability to force the browser dimensions for machinima clips. Basically, you could specify a resolution to set the browser control to so that when you are in resizeable mode, it will form to those dimensions. This would allow for doing exact video resolutions a lot easier than trying to manually gauge the size.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

99 rcbound
[ Display Name History ]

99 rcbound

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
stidor ur right i figured out actually after i asked

Marius
[ Display Name History ]

Marius

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 273 posts
  • RSN:Strifariz

I would like to see the ability to force the browser dimensions for machinima clips. Basically, you could specify a resolution to set the browser control to so that when you are in resizeable mode, it will form to those dimensions. This would allow for doing exact video resolutions a lot easier than trying to manually gauge the size.

That's not a bad idea, we'll definitely look into the possibility of adding this feature.

gruney
[ Display Name History ]

gruney

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
As Ilove2Gamble mentioned previously, a built-in utility for the game bar would be good. I have tried the game bar with EI, FF, Chrome and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. If SwiftKit can have a reliable, stable game bar utility I would use it for keeping track of when I can do my "dailies", GE transactions, friends online, etc.

Ara
[ Display Name History ]

Ara

Clan Official

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 69 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

As Ilove2Gamble mentioned previously, a built-in utility for the game bar would be good. I have tried the game bar with EI, FF, Chrome and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. If SwiftKit can have a reliable, stable game bar utility I would use it for keeping track of when I can do my "dailies", GE transactions, friends online, etc.

I don't think the GE Transactions/Online Friends would be possible, or necessary since both are easily accessible when in the game, but the dailies list may be possible, will look into it :)

Posted Image

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,546 posts
  • RSN:Meredith

I don't think the GE Transactions/Online Friends would be possible, or necessary since both are easily accessible when in the game, but the dailies list may be possible, will look into it :)

It's obvious they have some sort of API for both of those, and they wouldn't be too hard to code. The only problem is finding the API.

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd

It's obvious they have some sort of API for both of those, and they wouldn't be too hard to code. The only problem is finding the API.

It is simple XML files which are unlocked after authenticating with the server.
http://services.rune...ar/authorise.ws

and you can see the ge offers and your D&D via the following links
http://services.rune...bar/geupdate.ws
http://services.rune...r/activities.ws

This information can also be found at http://forum.tip.it/...60#entry4457417

The developers would need to basically redirect you to the login page so you can authenicate the use of the app, allow the cookie to be stored, then they could setup a basic timer to grab the GE and D&D data ever "X" minutes from the server and keep it handy.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Ara
[ Display Name History ]

Ara

Clan Official

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 69 posts

Of course, but that's not the main issue at hand. "Here, just enter your password into this program you're supposed to trust" isn't exactly the best message to send out.

Posted Image

bethy144
[ Display Name History ]

bethy144

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
Could urns please be added to the skill calc??

Simmo
[ Display Name History ]

Simmo

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 313 posts
  • RSN:Simmo200
  • Clan:SwiftKit

we have they are factored in via the custom bonus

Posted Image

simmo200.png

Chiro
[ Display Name History ]

Chiro

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Chirodefendr
while 'editing server', I am unable to add channels to the 'auto join channel' box. All my options are checked even the 'enable auto join channels' box. One thing I noticed is that there is no options to the right of the 'auto join channel' box that would allow me to 'add' 'edit' 'remove'

your suggestions would greatly be appriciated. =)

Simmo
[ Display Name History ]

Simmo

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 313 posts
so your missing the following buttons?

Posted Image

Dose everything kinda look jumbo? if your missing the buttons then it may be that you have your DPI set to high, in which case you may find this helpful http://kb.swiftkit.n...messed-up-.html

simmo200.png

bethy144
[ Display Name History ]

bethy144

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts

we have they are factored in via the custom bonus

Posted Image

Oh im sorry, i should have been more specific. I meant to the crafting calc to show how many of them needed to reach ____ level since they give great xp

I use tip.it's crafting skill guide to get urn crafting xp but i would love to have them incorporated into the application

ALSO; is there a way to change the default rs name that gets searched once logged in? its not a big deal nor hassle but i've been wondering if that would be possible so i can stop having to type in my new name

Stidor
[ Display Name History ]

Stidor

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 465 posts
  • RSN:Stidor
  • RSN2:Strider3282
View > Settings to change the default name

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

fmerrow
[ Display Name History ]

fmerrow

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
Okay, I'm impressed . . . a lot of features I didn't even know I needed . . .

Having said that, SwiftKit is missing one key features I expected it would have . . . timers . . .

No, not a single time like you have . . . When will my coconuts be ready to pick, when will my aura reset, etc, etc, etc . . . I'm not looking for some "premade" set of timers, but instead the ability to give a title and and time, click start and have it alarm when done.

You have so many features I would have never thought it . . . odd that you don't have the one that started me looking.

Frank

Currys
[ Display Name History ]

Currys

Chicken Feather

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 13 posts
  • RSN:Currys

Okay, I'm impressed . . . a lot of features I didn't even know I needed . . .

Having said that, SwiftKit is missing one key features I expected it would have . . . timers . . .

No, not a single time like you have . . . When will my coconuts be ready to pick, when will my aura reset, etc, etc, etc . . . I'm not looking for some "premade" set of timers, but instead the ability to give a title and and time, click start and have it alarm when done.

You have so many features I would have never thought it . . . odd that you don't have the one that started me looking.

Frank

The DevTeam are looking into many things at the moment, A lot of man hours are needed atm to update all the EOC items.
Give us time and you'll be greatly rewarded my friend :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whalefloaties
[ Display Name History ]

Whalefloaties

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
What if they made a search bar that allowed you to search a monster so you can see the current weakness of the monster since you have go and click on the monster now to discover the monster weakness. Instead of having to run back and forth

Marius
[ Display Name History ]

Marius

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 273 posts
  • RSN:Strifariz
In the right hand utilities under the magnifying glass you can quick search for a monster.

I see it only displays combat level and life points, I'm sure we could be able to accommodate weaknesses into this somehow, we will look into it for the next release cycle, thanks!

CookieEater2012
[ Display Name History ]

CookieEater2012

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:Waffledough
1.Okay so let's start this by saying I LOVE YOU for this app lol! This has helped me like crazy!
2. The idea is you should add a section on like where we can see how to make things. Like food, armour, weapons, but mostly food.
3. Another idea is like if you can.. Can you please make a section for us the users of your app to like chat and share our ideas tips, and like were we can help each other out.

-Thanks
Waffledough

Simmo
[ Display Name History ]

Simmo

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 313 posts

2. The idea is you should add a section on like where we can see how to make things. Like food, armour, weapons, but mostly food.

Tip.it now have a real neat mobile site, we may be able to link to their guides.

3. Another idea is like if you can.. Can you please make a section for us the users of your app to like chat and share our ideas tips, and like were we can help each other out.

This would certainly be possible as for the Andriod version we have socializes aspect to it already that allows you to comments on different things, it wouldn't be a full blown IRC chat, but the ability to post comments or tips i don't see why not.

simmo200.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users