Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Longest runescape session?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

battlerifel
[ Display Name History ]

battlerifel

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 91 posts
I've had plenty of 4-5 hour gaming sessions. They mostly happen on Saturday and Sunday afternoons where I've had no plans and nothing to do.
I haven't really kept track, but I'm sure that I've had a few that go up to 8-9 hours. Those were probably during the summer a few years back.

Posted Image

My Blog: http://forum.tip.it/...el#entry3250508
My Forum entry: QFC - 48-49-627-63687284

Poppe
[ Display Name History ]

Poppe

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Etjien
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
A handful of 30+ hour times in the summers of highschool when racing friends to 99s. For better or worse life won't allow me much more then 6-8 hour sessions now (thats after an 8 hour work day too so usually don't even stay that long). While grinding through 120 dungeoneering the 6 hour log out was decently common as it seemed time just slipped away dungeoneering, but most other things I enjoy atleast a 15 minute break every 3 hours or so.
Posted Image

zoth01
[ Display Name History ]

zoth01

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • RSN:skiller11101
I do a lot of really small breaks (2-5minutes), but 6hours a day for me is pretty average. On my day off, unless I'm studying psychology or doing my research on lucid dreaming, I pretty much reach 10-12hours on runescape.

Now that I wonder about it....Why am I not even maxed yet 0o

ps: I don't care a bit about "playing for 10 hours is not healthy". When I am into reading, or sports, or even my research on lucid dreaming I can also do those activities for long periods. I do what I like and I have fun doing it :)

Posted Image

Low Levelled
[ Display Name History ]

Low Levelled

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I'm part of the what I call middle generation of rs. I am 18, and gonna be a senior in high school. I started in 2006, but when I was younger, my parents really controlled how much I play (still do to an extent.) so my longest sessions come when I'm at a friends house. Once in college though, there's no telling how much I'll play.

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox
Back in the day i remember playing an average of 9 or 10 hours a day for about 6 or 7 months straight. I had those days where i'd even go 15 or 16 hours of RS. Yep.
I think even now if i take my game-time and the date i made my account it comes out at something like an average of 6 hours a day (and i've been away from RS for a total of 12 months maybe 13, on and off since account creation)

firebird308
[ Display Name History ]

firebird308

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • RSN:SilverFox30
  • Clan:PVM Skilling to 99
I regularly get in huge amounts of time. Of course, I'm usually doing something else like browsing forums or reading hard-copy stuff. I ain't gonna look up my skirt for three hours while I fish. :-P

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:Oddlsh
  • RSN2:Oddish DIY
I pull 12-15 hours quite often to be honest. I think once I played for around 40 hours to win a training contest haha.. Never again. I like sleep way too much.
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
About 15 hours of firemaking but that was only for one day. I did 10-12 hours a day for a week for 99 defense. Don't play nearly as much anymore though, that was a few years ago.

Jowah
[ Display Name History ]

Jowah

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 145 posts
Longest I played straight was 18hours way back when I was getting 99 smithing. My brother has gone a straight 24 hours and a friend of his went 36.

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

Syd
[ Display Name History ]

Syd

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Fusion
Nonstop without any sort of breaks? 3 hours maybe at most. Though I think I have played around 10 hours during one day few times. My head starts to hurt after a few hours though, so I rarely play longer periods. And I can't see how anyone could think it not being unhealthy to play 10 hours or more during a day... Or daily for that matter.

u5zhkTY.gif

Fighter 1434
[ Display Name History ]

Fighter 1434

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • RSN:Fighter 1434
I think my longest playing time is maybe 10 hours a couple years ago. I'm lucky to get 4 hours of straight gaming time in now. I usually play about 2 hours straight and then take a break, then repeat. When I started playing back in 2006 and was still F2P, I never played all that much, but once I got membership, I started playing non-stop for hours on end.

But now that I'm in college, I only get to play during the summer. I'd love to play for 10+ hours on end, but I have to take breaks now because I either get bored of playing or want to go watch a TV show or something like that.
Posted Image

Embraced
[ Display Name History ]

Embraced

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 675 posts
About 4 for me nowadays.. Too much work!!

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts
I've done 24 hours before, at around 25 or 26 hours I was shot and went to bed.

2480+ total

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
I've played well over 24 hours straight back in the day. I know it sounds absurd, but when you and your best friend have the house to yourself and two computers back when RuneScape was popular? Oh man.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I think I got up to 10 or 11 hours once while doing sacred clay, getting many of the hammers I needed to advance construction. I spent much less time on the actual skill :lol:

I also put in some long days back when I was doing 99Wc. Probably got up into the 9-12 hour range once or twice.

b6brc9.jpg

Zenax
[ Display Name History ]

Zenax

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:Shaii
The longest I've played in one day was probably something like 18 hours, back when I was getting 99 cooking. No wonder I went from 90 to 99 in two days and a half.

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
I may of had a few six hour runs back awhile ago (3-4 years maybe less) but now I didn't even know there was an autolog until I read this thread. I honestly can't stand doing many activities such as runescape, or even reading, where it ends up being pretty much the exact same thing the entire time for very long (2-3 hours or so) unless I have a goal set. Now something where it gets changed up even a little (video games, etc..) I can easily start when I wake up (9 O'clock-ish) and play until I either get kicked of, hungry enough that I need more than an intermission to get food, or I want to sleep.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Ren
[ Display Name History ]

Ren

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Trollenstein
  • RSN2:Grave Sorrow
  • Clan:DGS
This entire thread makes me look like a disgrace, lol.

No one has as many hours as I do :(.

553VriC.png?1

Lidl Shopper
[ Display Name History ]

Lidl Shopper

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • RSN:Luk3d
Went from 97-99 thieving at plunder in the same day, that's probably the longest. :P
Posted Image

I like the way Engstrom talks about the feeling of realism and immersion. Can you imagine how he must feel when one of the Al-Kharid warriors drops a spin ticket?

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
As far as literally playing straight with only bathroom/quick food breaks, 12-13 hours.

But there were definitely days where I'd play all day for like 8 hours, then all night for another 8 hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users