Pendants of Skill! - 26/7/2012

On the Squeal of Fortune this weekend, Yelps is offering increased chances to grab Pendants of Skill: new wearable items allowing you to earn up to a 3x XP boost for a specific skill. They come in two fetching varieties: Pendants of Skill and the even juicier Prized Pendants of Skill.

Pendants of Skill double the XP earned in their associated skill, up to an amount of bonus XP equivalent to a large XP lamp. If youre really lucky, you could grab yourself a Prized Pendant of Skill that will triple the rate you will earn XP when worn, for as much bonus XP as you'd get in a huge XP lamp.

The amount of bonus XP each pendant contains is dependent on the level of your relevant skill when you claimed them. Once these pendants are exhausted, they will degrade and can be kept as a nice cosmetic keepsake.

The pendants will be available from tomorrow (Friday 27 July), only via the Squeal of Fortune.

As Yelps is feeling particularly generous, anyone who spins this weekend will have a greater chance of bagging one! From Friday 27th to Monday 30th inclusive (GMT) Pendants of Skill are in Common slots and Prized Pendants of Skill in Uncommon slots. After this weekend Pendants of Skill move to Uncommon and Prized Pendants of Skill move to Rare slots, so get spinning this weekend!

Dont forget that members get two daily spins instead of one, so subscribing is a sound way to double your chances to win per day. Check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki page for more ways to get extra spins.

Good luck!

The RuneScape Team

Was to be expected...

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

This is really too damn funny. My post on the other thread was quite spot on...

Jagex: We understand that the main issue players have with SoF is the buyable XP and frequency of XP lamps. We're looking into balancing this out.

*Releases 2x XP lamps and Pendants of Skill*

Way to listen to the community, Jagex. :thumbup:

• Like 1

09144a99bb.png

If they had done it this way from the start instead of exp lamps it would have been fine, because then the player at least has to do the skill to earn exp.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

If you look at the "rate" it takes to get one then yeah sure you could look at it statistically as buying xp, but its not because you aren't guaranteed that experience.

I would much prefer these necklaces over lamps though because it offers versatility.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm not sure whether this is good because it actually requires training the skill rather than just lamping, or bad because its yet another welfare wheel update.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Wow. I semi-seriously thought about coming back to the game, but after reading all of these updates on the SoF, it's rediculous to even come back. Some rich, little, snobby kid could just keep buying spins and getting these lamps, or neckalces, and easily out do what I did in 7 years, in as little as a year, maybe a little more. No thank you, Jagex. I'm completely done.

Side note: I'm not sure why it's on italics (if it is). I clicked to have it turn off and it hasn't changed.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

It's like lamps (since they give the same amount of xp), but less convenient and harder to get. For once, nothing to complain about, and maybe they will displace some of the garbage still floating around on the wheel that I get every once in a while.

Why are people complaining?

I'm actually not complaining at all. We knew when we saw that post a week or two ago about removing BXPW that they were going to make that another aspect for monetizing. This was one of the best means of implementing it. Not mad. Still getting my chuckle in though.

• Like 3

hzvjpwS.gif

It's not like you can choose a skill like the lamps anyways. They're all random which is slightly disappointing because I was hoping to get one on my dailies for dung... The mad may necklace was particularly good because it allowed me to dung with it. At the last like 8% I used it on my largest floor and it doubled everything when it was supposed to only give out another 35k.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

the necklace i got today was a troll one. ty thieving necklace.

~Proud owner of a thieving cape

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

*goes on noob account*

*completes two quests, gets 4 spins to play with*

*You won a medium xp lamp! (Subscribe to claim!)*

*You won an awesome members object xp necklaxe! (Subscribe to claim!)*

Wonderful, more members objects to land on :roll: .

22031_s.gif

I found myself cared less and less on this kind of updates. after the bxw, raf, mlp, rof, sgs, rof2, rof3...

What the hell are those >.<

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Wow. I semi-seriously thought about coming back to the game, but after reading all of these updates on the SoF, it's rediculous to even come back. Some rich, little, snobby kid could just keep buying spins and getting these lamps, or neckalces, and easily out do what I did in 7 years, in as little as a year, maybe a little more. No thank you, Jagex. I'm completely done.

Oh no! Some kid that I never met and never will meet (and who I don't even know exists) can do something that took me 7 years to do in 1 year only!

Oh no! Some kid that I never met and never will meet (and who I don't even know exists) can do something that took me 7 years to do in 1 year only!

Yeah really... I agree. What an underhanded response to this update. I'll give you that it's another SoF update, but there are very few kids in the world that have parents rich enough to dole out $200 and THEN knowingly let their kids use it on something stupid as SoF spins. To add to that if you run into that kid let me know... I'll personally congratulate you for being the one unique person who's ran into the "rich snobby SoF kid"... Maybe you'll get a badge, too, depending on my mood.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Their business stance has changed so much recently i'm sorta glad I quit before I invested another 1000 hours into something that could go to hell in a hand-basket tomorrow. Usually i'm optimistic, maybe i'll check back in a few months and something changes for the better but as of now i'm going to stay away as to not disappoint myself.

Low_C.png