What really happened regarding the GP dupe - 80B/HR

jack994

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTUje6nmpmU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xWFuVfdado&list=UUgeMGOtYx9ePffGciTd09wA&index=0&feature=plcp[/url]

100% real, his main account at the end is one of the ones jagex posted that they banned:

TzTok-Roy

Hey guys,

Just a quick reminder that if you want to ask specifics, please take it to PM. We would like for this topic to stay open as this is a pretty big event, but in the current direction it is headed, a lock is inevitable. Due to the nature of the topic at hand, discussion of rule breaking (be it Jagexian or Tip.Itonian) is bound to be talked about plenty, so please keep it mind both sets of rules when posting and PMing. Feel free to discuss in-thread the morality of this event, the logistical impossibility behind it, and anything else on topic that doesn't break the rules. But, if you want to start asking questions to a specific player, keep it out of the thread. You can always report a PM as well if someone is heckling you.

Edited by Lord Paul
added in-thread reminder
  • Like 2

I never understand why people smart enough to find, use, and exploit glitches are dumb enough to post the proof that incriminates them. I guess it has something to do with our "look at me" YouTube and Facebook society, but cmon... idiots.

• Like 3

wessan.png

I never understand why people smart enough to find, use, and exploit glitches are dumb enough to post the proof that incriminates them. I guess it has something to do with our "look at me" YouTube and Facebook society, but cmon... idiots.

Yeah this was after the other one was leaked, everything was patched, and he was banned.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Yeah this was after the other one was leaked, everything was patched, and he was banned.

Not all their files were banned, or their wealth taken away, as seen by the second video....Grrr.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

don't be jelly, it's unreal that these guys prolly made 6 figures off this game l0l

If they managed to move all the gold before being banned.

For how fast the method was, they don't have much left.

Not all their files were banned, or their wealth taken away, as seen by the second video....Grrr.

Didn't know all of his weren't banned, which is surprising. But I am sure he was aware what posting his accounts meant. Sure there are idiots who post their accounts/methods and get themselves caught but of all people I don't think he is one.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Not sure if im the only one who caught this or not, but kind of lol'd. RS Completed, a maxed member that was banned for this, was a tip.it'er. Look him up on memberslist.

Thiught his name sounded familiar.

There will always be lots of rumour and myth about this now but I wonder how much gp was actually converted to real money. I'm pretty sure if I was a bank manager and suddenly thousands of pounds started appearing in one of my clients accounts from china that I'd be pretty suspicious of something dodgy going on like laundering. It would appear that it was faster to dupe the cash than to actually get rid of it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Roy is one of the members of haxunit, the same people who lured mod chrisso for a jmod item, they have abused similar glitches like the fremenik sagas glitch which made bils per hour, they're very experienced bug abuser and have done it for years, so this comes as no suprise to me and yea....roy sure isn't dumb enough to show his username before the bug was patched

But some of them are dumb enough to activate monetisation on their videos and in theory Jagex could get their personal details from YouTube/Google.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There will always be lots of rumour and myth about this now but I wonder how much gp was actually converted to real money. I'm pretty sure if I was a bank manager and suddenly thousands of pounds started appearing in one of my clients accounts from china that I'd be pretty suspicious of something dodgy going on like laundering. It would appear that it was faster to dupe the cash than to actually get rid of it.

A few 10 thousand isn't really a lot.. I pay that yearly for university expenses...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'm guessing it goes to a paypal account which isn't a bank account, then they would gradually move small amounts at a time to their actual bank account, so it won't look suspicious

But some of them are dumb enough to activate monetisation on their videos and in theory Jagex could get their personal details from YouTube/Google.

I don't think they would be allowed to give out personal details unless an actual crime has been commited (even then idk), breaking rs rules =/= breaking the law

Bbk.png

Oke, so:

The money pouche is full, so the money goes in inventory, but the inventory is now suddenly also full because he took his shield of during a match (witch is pretty unusual) so the money goes on the ground.

Jagex probably wrote their Javacode in such a way that when the money pouche is full the gp's get in the inventory and when the inventory is full, without gp's in it goes on the ground.

So you get one pile of money on the ground because the pouche and the inventory is full and one pile of cash on the ground because the inventory is full, so in the end you got 2 max piles of cash on the ground and 0 in your inventory.

This is also why he trades it away again that fast.

So basically you can only find this out if you have 2 maxed cash piles, something only (I guess) about 5000 accounts in whole RS have and all of them high lvl).

This is also why it probably took so long to find this bug because 2 unusual things happen:

1: Who's going to take some armour off in a fight

2: Who got 2 max piles of cash and still fight on

It probably already exists since the money pouche existed

• Like 1

breaking rs rules =/= breaking the law

But unusual transaction activity is sure going to ring alarm bells somewhere. I had a phone call from the bank once when I was sent a relatively small amount money from a country in europe! And tax evasion sure is breaking the law.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I think those who abused was smart enough to create new accounts from different ip and droptrade wealth to them...even though when there is trade limit in new accounts its worth to pay later if there is massive amount of wealth waiting. they could hold 3a sets, shards etc...i would personaly avoid putting phats, max cash on fresh account in case they tracking based on those..also i would not store over 2b on new accounts if they tracking high wealth on accounts newer than 1 month old in example.

So in my opinion most duped wealth still laying in game...if i was one of those that abused it, i would spend quite some time thinking strategy to avoid detection and maybe use different storing methods from different ip ofcourse, if one method gets detected, there is other that may not get.

if speed was 80b/hour in theory, 1 trillion was made in half day playing and few weeks ago jagex told game had 28 trillion gp total i would like to see what its now.

All these people that claim to know of super secret ways of xfering items and gp please tell Jagex. It's all very well stroking your ego by posting about it on forums that you know but unless you tell Jagex you are spoiling the game for everyone including yourself.

• Like 3

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Why did TIp.it ban Royhax? :S

He's not banned. But when we were removing the duplicate thread, someone accidentally flagged his account as spamming (which is ridiculously easy to do on this new IPB version >_<) and it had to wait until an admin got on to correct it.

Sorry about that mess @_@

you are spoiling the game for everyone including yourself.

They're making money and controlling it to avoid mass market panic, so they're not harming their own gameplay. If you're going to try to reach out to those players, you'd have to connect to them on a different level. If they cared about the overall integrity of the game, this would never be an issue in the first place - so arguing idealistically is useless.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif