Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Sign in to follow this  
shooterbob7

Havent played since 2010-Need help

Hey guys, I haven't played since 2010, and I was wondering if someone could some up the major changes, especially in the f2p world. Also, is there anything that free players like me can do to keep me busy?

shooterbob7.png

The changes since 2010.... there's been a lot for f2p. Idk when you stopped in 2010 so i'll sum up everything i can remember.

More bank space for registered email, a toolbelt which carries all those miscellaneous skill items for you (hatchets, picks, moulds, etc) without taking up invy space, also the money pouch (basically a bank space outside of your bank that holds all your cash, pin-protected).

Been tons of updates to skills, notable ones being Bonfires (a new way of fming where you add logs to a pre-existing fire, no need to make lines of fire anymore), and also the Runespan, which is a new training area for RC that gives much greater xp rates. If you just came back, my suggestion would be to try that out first.

Been a lot of smaller updates as well to Dungeoneering to make it easier (keys are shared by party, etc...) and also Urns were put in, idk if u were there for that, its an item that gives you bonus xp while skilling.

ALso old Wilderness/Free Trade was returned, and revenants were moved to a new dungeon in the wildy. FOG & CWs were moved to a new area called the Gamer's Grotto, just outside of Fally.

As for what to do to keep you busy, minigames or skilling is always a good bet, and of course there's still a thriving pking community. My advice would be go and try out Runespan though, it's pretty fun, especially when you try it for the first few times :)

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

^ What he said.

+ Revenants drop corrupt dragon armour + statues in F2P, in P2P they drop the same + PVP armour and brawling gloves.

Aload of new quests have been added.

New type of bolts for P2P

Queen Black Dragon was added, and she drops the Dragon Kiteshield + new D'hide.

Grotworm Liar was added, a dungeon in Rimmington full of deadly worms that drop rune items and other decent loot.

Also the Citadel was created, make your own city with your clan to chill at or skill :)

Not a huge amount of updates for F2P apart from Runespan + Toolbelt I suggest getting P2P when possible to check out the awesome updates :)

Also forgot to mention about the clan update, not sure if you were around for that. Ability to make an "official" clan with a clan cape and design, etc. New official clan chats, and the old clan chats were turned into "Friend Chats". Jagex also did a small update to allow people to enter more then 1 official clan chat at a time (though you can only be a member of 1 clan at a time).

o4qq.png

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Oh, yeah, everythings so different, i couldnt even talk in a clan without being a member so I was confused. I still have 10m, should I still be fine? Or did everything inflate lol. Also, I wont be playing full time, maybe just clan wars skilling etc, so is rune still the strongest for f2p? Or did they add a whole bunch of capes, ammys etc.

shooterbob7.png

10m should be fine.

Most barrows is cheap now so you can get some decent defence bonus gear + whips and Dboots are really cheap as well.

Yes, rune is still the strongest f2p armor. Prices have declined substantially, actually, so don't worry, your 10m can go a long way.

o4qq.png