[ARCHIVE] Spelling and grammar corrections - completed posts

This seems to be the best place to post this...

The max Quest points is now 324 - you can only have up to 321 atm.

Thanks for noting that. I've changed that in the system. :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi halfsquelch,

I have moved your posts here into their own thread since this topic is mostly meant for grammar and spelling issues, and this would require research.

~Julie

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Hi halfsquelch,

I have moved your posts here into their own thread since this topic is only meant for grammar and spelling issues.

~Julie

Sorry to say, but the title also says "small corrections"

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

True, though I should think this would require some research, hence the new topic. :)

It would be a shame if it gets overlooked on a small corrections/spelling thread.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Small mistake in EW quest guides:

EW II lists required quest as Elemental Workshop opposed to Elemental Workshop I as it appears everywhere else.

EW III lists both EW I and EW II in required quests, really only EW I should be listed in match how quest series requirements are listed for all others (eg MEP2 doens't list plague city > regicide) especially since to do EW II you have to of done EW I which renders listing it a mute point.

[Crew edit: this has been fixed and you've been credited. Thanks. ~Julie]

Edited by Jaffy1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 3 weeks later...

Done. :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

In the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield monster hunter guide, in the "About the Chaos Dwarves" section in the first paragraph, "fieresome" should be spelled "fearsome"

[Crew edit: This has been fixed and you've been credited, thanks! ~Julie]

Edited by Jaffy1

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=greegree_guide.htm#uses

http://open.tip.it/pages/view/greegree_guide.htm#uses

There are some hyperlinks linking to the subquest of recipe for disaster, those links are linking to http://open.tip.it/pages/view/greegree_guide.htm#monkey while they should link to the quest guide.

[Crew Edit] Fixed. Thanks so much! ~Wmx

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

In the barbarian firemaking guide, the text says logs require 10 levels higher to burn than normal..however, it should be 20 levels higher to burn than normal. I tried to attached a picture of this with the error circled. Here is the page where the error appears http://open.tip.it/pages/view/barbarian_training.htm.

It says...After you complete the task, you can use this technique anywhere in RuneScape, provided that you have the required Firemaking level. The requirements are ten levels higher than those needed for normal firemaking. NOTE: The only differences between burning the logs with a tinderbox and with a bow is the required level. Gained experience remains the same. The table below shows the required Firemaking level to ignite specific types of logs using a bow.

It should read.....After you complete the task, you can use this technique anywhere in RuneScape, provided that you have the required Firemaking level. The requirements are TWENTY levels higher than those needed for normal firemaking. NOTE: The only differences between burning the logs with a tinderbox and with a bow is the required level. Gained experience remains the same. The table below shows the required Firemaking level to ignite specific types of logs using a bow.

[Crew Edit] Fixed. Thanks so much! ~Wmx

• 2 weeks later...

Biohazard quest guide has the following line:

can be obtained durng the quest),

'Durng' should be 'during', just a typo.

Hey Baffler,

I'm afraid I can't seem to find this error in this quest guide.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Biohazard quest guide has the following line:

can be obtained durng the quest),

'Durng' should be 'during', just a typo.

Hey Baffler,

I'm afraid I can't seem to find this error in this quest guide.

The typo is at Underground pass ( http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=65 )

Retired item crew

Ah thanks for pointing that out. Fixed and credited, thanks. :thumbsup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Guide page

Under the Skeleton Graveyard event description, it says

Don't fear, however, as this event can be passed without engaging in in any return combat.

[Crew edit: this has been fixed and you've been credited, thank you! :) ~Julie]

Edited by Jaffy1

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Repost as it think it got overlooked when Jaffy's replies made the page change.

In the quest xp guide under the Agility table "* Myths of the White Lands: see "Tips, Tricks and Notes" section of the quest guide to learn how to receive the 10,000 exp. You do not get this as a reward for completing the quest, and not all of it is available in free worlds."

Firstly its awkward wording would make more sense to say:

You do not get this as a reward for completing the quest, see "Tips, Tricks and Noes" section of the quest guide to learn how to receive X xp.

This also applies to notes below:

attack, crafting, farming, fm, magic, prayer, thieiving, woodcutting.

Secondly "not all of it is available in free worlds" kinda misleading on the agility one. It is simple is not available to f2p as its a members skill. So should just say "only available to members"

Similar situation under magic for swept away; it should be un-highlighted and marked as p2p in the main list as none of the xp is available to free players as the enchanters are in pollnivneach, canafis, lunar and underground pass.

Crew edit: Thanks, the edits have been made and you have been credited!~Salleh :)

Edited by Salleh

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...

Capes guide completionist cape

"All magic spells unlocked. This includes spells from the Mage Arena, Mage Training Arena, Livid Farm, and the Tune Bane Ore spell."

Is it not rather redundant to list Tune Bane Ore spell, since "All quests" is a requirement and tune bane ore is unlocked during a quest? (As is Storm of Armadyl, Ancients, Lunars, Ardougne Teleport, Watchtower teleport, Trollheim teleport etc etc.)

Plus All Dominion Tower Achievements is missing from the list, as is all temple trekkers maxed. (Both of which I had confirmed via my clan mate Grizzly who has trimmed comp cape and had to do them to get it back)

[Crew edit: Fixed and you have been credited, didn't change status of Tune Bane Ore as it may not be a requirement of the quest to use the scroll. Thanks! :) ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine19

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I wondered if you might think about a little clarification to one of the tasks?

The Seers elite task X1 - Make an admiral pie.

You need to assemble to pie in Seers, including cooking the fish. I made the mistake of cooking the fish in Catherby, no doubt someone else will too. At least I hope so :oops: or it's a bit embarrassing. My only defence is that as you catch tuna in Catherby..., OK that's feeble too, lol

Keep up the good work guys

CJ

[Crew edit: I've made a slight change to the task to reflect this and you have been credited :) thanks! ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine19
Cultjunky.png

In the Tips,Tricks&Notes of Dream Mentor it says Astral spells instead of Lunar spells.

[Crew edit: Fixed this, thanks :) ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine19
220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

On mini-games page Manage Thy kingdom is out of place alphabetically, should be after lava flow, livid farm and mage training

[Crew edit: This has been fixed, thank you. :) ~Julie]

Edited by Jaffy1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

On the general guides page it state (* Asterisks indicate Members only features.) The clan citadal and loyalty program names need an asterisk as they are members only :)

[Crew edit: This has been fixed, thank you. :) ~Julie]

Edited by Jaffy1

Barrows Guide Spelling Mistake

Original Quote:

Dungoneering Rewards

Found by clicking the dungeoneering rewards link.

Edited by Jaffy1

3 Dragon Claws, 60+ Barrows items, 2/4 Gwd Hilts(Bgw & Agw)

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

Barrows Guide Spelling Mistake

Original Quote:

Dungoneering Rewards

Found by clicking the dungeoneering rewards link.

Thanks for pointing that out - the guide is currently undergoing a revamp, but I'll make sure it gets corrected and you get credited when the new version is published. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]