[ARCHIVE] Spelling and grammar corrections - completed posts

Grim Tales; . "Return the golden goblin to Syras and he will tell you to chop the beanstalk down to prevent further giants from coming to the ground".

this is one of the last lines in the quest guide, and it should be Sylas, not Syras

[Crew Edit: Fixed this and you have been credited, changes should go live soon, thanks :) also welcome to tip.it! ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine19

-Old-School skilling ftw!-

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the quest "hunt for red raktuber, it says;

Click the wrench and then click the panel to open it.

Click the wire cutters and then click the open wire box to cut the green and red wires.

Use the spare wire on the wires.

Use the tape on the wires to connect the ends.

Use the bellows on the pump.

It should say "use the bellows on the pipe"

-Old-School skilling ftw!-

This may be in the wrong section as it is about the Treasure Trail Guide (specifically the co-ordinate section)

Today, one of my co-ordinates was 00 degrees 5 minutes south, 01 degree 13 minutes east.

The location given was correct but the Treasure trail Coordinates says 00 degrees 5 minutes north, 01 degree 13 minutes east.

"5 minutes north" should be changed to "5 minutes south"

[Crew edit: This has been fixed and you've been credited, thanks! ~Julie]

Edited by Jaffy1

'ello Crewbies.

While Reading the recently updated Fight Caves guide, I noticed that it says Kuradel when mentioning the slayer helmet. The correct spelling of the slayer master's name is Kuradal.

Nice guide, by the way :thumbup:

[Crew edit: Octarine is to thank for the current prettiness of that guide. I've made the spelling corrections and credited you, thanks Ellac. :) ~Julie]

Edited by Jaffy1

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Under the riddles section of the treasure trails guide, for the riddle " 'A bag belt only?', he asked his balding brothers", it says

Speak with Abbot Langley in the Monastery orth-west of Barbarian Village.

I believe that should be north-west.

Fixed and credited. Thanks Ellac! ~Julie

Edited by Jaffy1

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small thing in the item entry for the Blood necklace, eddimu should be spelled edimmu, happens twice.

[Crew edit: Fixed this and credited you Naive :) thanks! ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine19

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?rs2monster_id=24

On this page, it currently says the wilderness part of Edgeville dungeon as the location. It's no longer in the wilderness, so it should just say Edgeville dungeon.

[Crew edit: Fixed this and credited you :) thanks! ~Oct]

Edited by Octarine19

In the crafting guild guide and achievement cape guide they both say you need a brown apron to enter but as the patch notes said on the 14 Feb

It is now possible to enter the Crafting guild without an apron with the Hard Falador task set complete.
220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

In the crafting guild guide and achievement cape guide they both say you need a brown apron to enter but as the patch notes said on the 14 Feb

It is now possible to enter the Crafting guild without an apron with the Hard Falador task set complete.

The crafting guild guide is currently correct, however we've updated the cape guide and credited you, thanks. :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

In the Fletching guide, you have the beaver listed as having the ability to act as a knife, freeing up an additional space in your inventory when cutting logs, well now that the tool belt has been introduced the beaver is useless except for during woodcutting. Figured you might want to fix it or something.

Edited by Jaffy1
Done, thanks :)
Firelord2220.png

In the Fletching guide, you have the beaver listed as having the ability to act as a knife, freeing up an additional space in your inventory when cutting logs, well now that the tool belt has been introduced the beaver is useless except for during woodcutting. Figured you might want to fix it or something.

I've removed the mention of the beaver and added a note about the toolbelt in the introduction.

You've been credited, thanks. :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

http://open.tip.it/pages/view/crafting_guide.htm#jewels

"If the wearer falls below 10% in life points, your automatically teleported back to your respawn spot. Won't protect wearer if enemy can hit more than 10% of life points! 1 use."

Should be "you're" as in "life points, you are automatically teleported"

--Jake Watkins

EDIT:

found this, too "Prevents becoming skulled when entering the abyss. 5 uses (one charge used as you enter abyss). If skulled while entering abyss, prevents time until un-skulled from being reset (uses no charges).Also makes Revenants in the Forinthry Dungeon non-aggressive for an hour and gives you temporary immunity from them."

There should be a space in between the period and next word. Not a big deal, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Edited by Jaffy1

I started '21 April 2006' I was p modded '5 August 2006'

http://open.tip.it/pages/view/crafting_guide.htm#jewels

"If the wearer falls below 10% in life points, your automatically teleported back to your respawn spot. Won't protect wearer if enemy can hit more than 10% of life points! 1 use."

Should be "you're" as in "life points, you are automatically teleported"

--Jake Watkins

EDIT:

found this, too "Prevents becoming skulled when entering the abyss. 5 uses (one charge used as you enter abyss). If skulled while entering abyss, prevents time until un-skulled from being reset (uses no charges).Also makes Revenants in the Forinthry Dungeon non-aggressive for an hour and gives you temporary immunity from them."

There should be a space in between the period and next word. Not a big deal, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Looks like someone was a bit sloppy there; I've fixed both and added you to the credits. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

http://open.tip.it/pages/view/woodcutting_guide.htm#trees

the part where it is talking about "Ivy" is wrong. It says you get 322.5 XP per, but you really get 322.667 per cut.

You can verify this by cutting it and you will get "333, 333, 332, 333, 333, 332" repeatedly.

333+333+332 = 998

998/3 = 332.667

Very minuscule mistake, but easily fixed! :-)

EDIT: Checked the woodcutting calculator and it also says 322.5 instead of 322.67

http://open.tip.it/pages/view/woodcutting_guide.htm#trees

the part where it is talking about "Ivy" is wrong. It says you get 322.5 XP per, but you really get 322.667 per cut.

You can verify this by cutting it and you will get "333, 333, 332, 333, 333, 332" repeatedly.

333+333+332 = 998

998/3 = 332.667

Very minuscule mistake, but easily fixed! :-)

EDIT: Checked the woodcutting calculator and it also says 322.5 instead of 322.67

I suspect you were using a non-0 xp counter so you already had decimal xp you couldn't see and that it was not a constant pattern of 333,333,332 and so on.

Afterall, pattern starts with 332 as decimal rounding starting for 0 means u get the low value first;using exact answers from google calc

(332+333)/2=332.5

(332+333+333)/3=332.666667

(332+333+333+332)/4=332.5

(332+333+333+332+333)/5=332.6

(332+333+333+332+333+333)/6=332.666667

(332+333+333+332+333+333+332)/7=332.571429

(332+333+333+332+333+333+332+333)/8=332.62500

(332+333+333+332+333+333+332+333+333)/9=332.666667

(332+333+333+332+333+333+332+333+333+332)/10=332.6

Compared to the tip.it value

(332+333)/2=332.5

(332+333+332)/3=332.3

(332+333+332+333)/4=332.5

(332+333+332+333+332)/5=332.4

(332+333+332+333+332+333)/6=332.5

(332+333+332+333+332+333+332)/7=332.42

(332+333+332+333+332+333+332+333)/8=332.5

(332+333+332+333+332+333+332+333+332)/9=332.444444

(332+333+332+333+332+333+332+333+332+333)/10=332.5

In your theory every 3rd one does indeed fall on 3.666667, this would imply that whatever the hidden decimal is equals 1 when times by 3; so already we have issues as that would suggest 332.33(recuring) as the mostly likely answer unless our decimal is factoring into some huge cycle where it never/very rarely lands on 0 dead. But another issue occurs, the non-perfect values should trend towards the suggested 3.667 as we take a bigger sample, but yours don't:

The first 3 follow the right trend (though it is anomalous to have 2 identical values), but then we jump further away from the right value and from then on the trend doesn't work and things become erratic.

Compare that to tip.it's value, every 2nd value gives 332.5 this works nicely the matching averages every 2nd value suggests 2*decimal=1 which makes the decimal 0.5. Also the non-perfect values are trending nicely

See how how every time we add more values to the sum the values for these non-perfect lines are shifting closer and closer to 332.5 in a perfect order; while they will never work out to 332.5 exactly given enough values you would eventually get to 332.499(recurring)

Also if we take your value of 332.667 it does not make the pattern you suggested in definitely, starting at 0 the decimal left overs add up to:

The 3rd integers after 3000 repetitions would rollover into an extra 1 so rather than 332 333 333 you'd get 332 333 334

Also starting from 2nd value every 3rd value (so 2,5 etc) is slowly dropping which would break at some point and cause a 332 333 332 to be thrown up.

And so far jagex seem to prefer decimal xp's that keep to tidy patterns eg 0.1 or 0.2 or 0.25 or 0.5 integers that do add up to 1 evenly every few cycles (10, 5, 4, 2 respectively); which makes sense as from a developer coder point of view numbers that result in these erratic patterns due to them taking thousands of rounds to return to 0 are a bit of a nightmare when it comes to bugs and glitches. If something in the math is causing a bug for something like 0.1 it's easy to spot because in every group of 10 it will recur at the 3rd value for example. Where as a more complex decimal math like the number you suggested that takes thousands to reach 0 or never hits 0 any math issue won't reappear in an obvious pattern.

Heck even from a basic human perspective, tech issues aside, we LIKE things that make tidy patterns. When inventing a value like this we are highly unlike to choose an obscure decimal, instead favouring a nice one that makes a neat patterns. It's a universal human trait we look for and like patterns and organisational systems, even if only subconsciously.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I will do some research then! Would you say it is fair to say that if I chop 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 135, 200, etc. and use the XP at the given digits, would that be conclusive? I'm willing to go up to 500 even (in the name of science!) if that would be more conclusive (both for you and for me).

Hey Jakewatkins, thank you for your submission :)

For stuff like cutting ivy, there is only one decimal place in the XP value. If we claim that the decimal value is .5, then you should never get a sequence of "333 333 332" because it should alternate every time. I think you may be on to something here.

Since there's only one decimal place, simply cutting 10 Ivy and dividing the total amount of experience you get for that by 10 should result in the exact XP value that you receive for cutting a single ivy.

Hey Jakewatkins, thank you for your submission :)

For stuff like cutting ivy, there is only one decimal place in the XP value. If we claim that the decimal value is .5, then you should never get a sequence of "333 333 332" because it should alternate every time. I think you may be on to something here.

Since there's only one decimal place, simply cutting 10 Ivy and dividing the total amount of experience you get for that by 10 should result in the exact XP value that you receive for cutting a single ivy.

I thought in some rarer case there was occasionally a double decimal eg .25 so really an ideal test would be 100 as that would allow for a double decimal, but not hinder a single decimal test. Eg if 332.5 was right a 100 test would result in 33250 xp gained, but if a 2nd decimal did exist you'd get something like 33256

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That's settled then :)

@Sy, we actually discussed this in chat some time ago. Some skills have certain methods that award XP values that have more than one decimal place, such as Constitution which I think gives 0.1333 repeating XP per damage inflicted. However, before this is added to your Constitution XP tally, the calculated value simply gets truncated to something with only one decimal place.

We actually did list a few bows as giving .25 XP for cutting the bow and adding the string up until recently, but as it turns out, cutting and stringing gave .3 and .2 XP respectively, which means that the exact XP division isn't exactly 50/50 for those bows. Pretty strong evidence towards XP values only having a single decimal place I'd say.

On the Treasure Trails riddle guide, the hint associated with the clue "Go to this building to be illuminated, and search the drawers while you are there." improperly spells south-west as outh-west.

Edited by Jaffy1

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

On the Treasure Trails riddle guide, the hint associated with the clue "Go to this building to be illuminated, and search the drawers while you are there." improperly spells south-west as outh-west.

Fixed and credited, thanks. :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

http://open.tip.it/pages/view/combat_guide.htm#dragon

"This is a very rare drop from the Kalphite Queen and Dust Devils. You also can get this item by gambling 500 points in the Barbarian Assault minigame, although chances are low."

http://open.tip.it/items/view/162-dragon-chainbody

"Kalphite Queen/Dust Devil drop. Can be obtained through gambling 30 points in any BA role at Barbarian Assault."

Maybe it's because I haven't played this game in a few years, but that doesn't seem to match up to me.

http://open.tip.it/pages/view/combat_guide.htm#other

"THIRD-AGE ARMOUR

Third-ge full helmet"

I've corrected this in the guide and credited you.

Will have someone look into the BA points soon too. Thank you for pointing it out! :thumbup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]