Well Known RWT'rs banned.

Fallstar

Hi,

Today we have banned several high-profile accounts from the dicing scene.

We can happily confirm that the ring leaders found to be involved in selling RuneScape gold have been banned. Their actions have directly funded a sizable portion of all real world trading activity within the game, led to increased macro use, and resulted in huge surges in spam advertising.

Such actions are strictly against our rules, and all accounts have been wiped and permanently nuked.

This should serve a clear warning to anyone else engaged in similar activities; expect more bans of any continuing offenders.

We have been finely tuning our new anti-cheat and anti-hijack tools over the past few months and are now steadily bringing these systems online in select areas. This is part of an on-going rollout that will be completed over the course of next two months. More good news will follow in due course.

Some of you may already have noticed that we have started cleaning up the high scores over the last week and this will assist us in being able to re-introduce relevant gold farmer free F2P high scores again. blk.gif

Mark Gerhard

CEO

[qfc]14-15-878-63948495[/qfc]

As far as I'm aware, this includes only Win All Day and Stokenut so far. Whether other well known dicing and staking rwt'rs are banned remains to be seen, as there are considerably more just as bad and worse than those two. At the moment it feels like a publicity coup to me by just banning the YT famous ones.

F2P hiscores is fantastic news.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Asmodean <3

Just the tip of the iceberg. Hope they back up their words and it's just not another attempt at propaganda.

Byebye Win All Day and Stokenut.

• Like 1

Anyone else saw the great news at the bottom on the post?

"[...] and this will assist us in being able to re-introduce relevant gold farmer free F2P high scores again."

F2P will be getting high scores again soon.

• Like 3
ib7rVm.png

Good riddance to you.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

wow really? Amazed they finally got around to what should have been done years ago.

how can we tell if someone is banned? Are they removed from the high scores.

"channel 4" is still unbanned, how dumb are you Jagex he constantly admits to mass rwt.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Some of you may already have noticed that we have started cleaning up the high scores over the last week and this will assist us in being able to re-introduce relevant gold farmer free F2P high scores again. blk.gif

And there was much rejoicing.

-Myself, seeing as I destroyed my 100% f2p account to make a turm zerker. Wee...

Edit: just realised that I have about 16 or 17 other accounts untouched and really want to work on them, this might give me a chance.. *hopes for eoc delays/putoffs/destruction*

553VriC.png?1

wow really? Amazed they finally got around to what should have been done years ago.

"channel 4" is still unbanned, how dumb are you Jagex he constantly admits to mass rwt.

But he's not as well known, so banning him wouldn't have the same effect. At the end of the day the gold these players sold is irrelevant compared to the gold generated and sold by botting companies daily. As I said, it's a publicity thing.

INB4 Runefest announcement.

Asmodean <3

I have a new favorite jmod. :)

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Win all day sold so much gp he had to make he's own site to sell it directly lmao, no doubt he's made irl bank, viet master sold so much gp also that he ACTUALLY got banned for it, he accumulated up to 400b I believe. Props to jagex for finally doing something but this should have been done years ago

• Like 3

Good start. Now follow the money trail.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Report that Player then! Never knew that W A D or Stokenut RWT'd :( Very Excited for F2p Hiscores. Good Fight Water & El popo1 :sad:

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Heh this is pretty cool.

So glad they're bringing F2P back to the hiscores. Even though I'm member that means a lot to me. lol idk why it just does.

• Like 2

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

anyone basically admiting to rwt, such as channel 4, should just be banned as soon as a mod sees the proof. Major gambleing accounts used to sell gp should also have been banned as soon as it become known they were selling gold... not just now. but horray that sumthing is happening and it does seen that they are finally makeing progress with thier detection systems, however gruesomly slow.

side note.... WOOT for FTP highscores!!!!!

• Like 1

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

Good Fight Water & El popo1 :sad:

Yep, although among the pure free community they're still legendary like zezima or uloveme.

• Like 1

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Some of you may already have noticed that we have started cleaning up the high scores over the last week and this will assist us in being able to re-introduce relevant gold farmer free F2P high scores again.

I don't give two craps that they banned these accounts, because it's all fluff. But this? Hiscores for F2P again? Yes. This...yes. I'll even ignore the fact that they're backpedaling because of the bad press and lack of promised membership increases from such a horrendous update for the F2P Hiscores to return. Implying they removed it because of gold farming bots... lol.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif