Well Known RWT'rs banned.

Fallstar

Isn't this stuff illegal? I would much rather see them get prosecuted than have them get an in game ban, create another account and start it all over again.

Yay for highscores.

• Like 1

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Isn't this stuff illegal? I would much rather see them get prosecuted than have them get an in game ban, create another account and start it all over again.

Yay for highscores.

its not illegal. The most Jagex can do to gold selling sites is force them to remove rs or runescape from their names.

I guess this kind of stops some of the impact from the mass gp dupe? Good way to do it imo.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I have a new favorite jmod. :)

Not my favorite, but he's been listed in my book of 'Legit' jmods.

Today started off bad, but has been getting better since. Thanks for showing me the Jagex I like to see for once. |^_^|

• Like 1

Great news :D. Glad the 200m skill stats in particular will be where they belong again.

• Like 3

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Fantastic news! A small bit of my lost respect for Jagex has been restored, it seems that there's clearly some people there who know what's good and right for the game, but they're fighting to get themselves heard. MMG, and whoever else is helping you get things done, we hear you. Keep it up.

• Like 1

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yay for highscores.

its not illegal. The most Jagex can do to gold selling sites is force them to remove rs or runescape from their names.

Seems like it should be, both because your selling something that doesn't belong to you (you don't own your account), and because your profiting off someone elses intellectual property. Then again, they probably could have sued these players into oblivion if that would hold up in court (pity, because I would really love to see that happen).

It's a nice start, and I really do hope this means their systems are actually working. Jagex have been far short of honest about their anti cheating systems in the past, so they are really going to need to do something to prove it, and banning a few high profile people who anyone could have guessed were RWT'ers is not that something. I'll wait for the bots to start visibly dieing off, and the post telling us about the hundreds or thousands of accounts banned for RWT.

The high scores is nice. Would have been nice if they had mentioned they planned on bringing them back when they first removed them, and the fact that they didn't tells me this is a revision to that plan that came about after the removal. Jagex has been raking up a lot of resentment from their player base, and in the great scheme of things, highscores aren't going to be what get people to pay for membership, at least not compared to their other inititives, so I guess they now feel that its a sacrifice worth getting some good feelings back from their players.

Also, they couldn't do it earlier, because it would have been obvious they were backpedaling in the face of player outrage, or at leats would have looked that way, and that's something they shouldn't do. It's sort of a reverse psycology catch 22 for the players. If they complain too much over certain issues, then Jagex can't back down until significant time passes, or they will encourage the players to go up in arms over everything.

Still, its nice to see these kinds of announcements. Its not what I ultimately will want to see, but you have to get through this stuff before you get to the meaningful actions. As long as it doesn't stop at propoganda, and does move on to meaningful action, I'll be happy, and this kind of propoganda is a potential step in the right direction, and that's something worth celebrating.

• Like 1

[spoiler=Quotage]

Yay for highscores.

Seems like it should be, both because your selling something that doesn't belong to you (you don't own your account), and because your profiting off someone elses intellectual property. Then again, they probably could have sued these players into oblivion if that would hold up in court (pity, because I would really love to see that happen).

It's a nice start, and I really do hope this means their systems are actually working. Jagex have been far short of honest about their anti cheating systems in the past, so they are really going to need to do something to prove it, and banning a few high profile people who anyone could have guessed were RWT'ers is not that something. I'll wait for the bots to start visibly dieing off, and the post telling us about the hundreds or thousands of accounts banned for RWT.

The high scores is nice. Would have been nice if they had mentioned they planned on bringing them back when they first removed them, and the fact that they didn't tells me this is a revision to that plan that came about after the removal. Jagex has been raking up a lot of resentment from their player base, and in the great scheme of things, highscores aren't going to be what get people to pay for membership, at least not compared to their other inititives, so I guess they now feel that its a sacrifice worth getting some good feelings back from their players.

Also, they couldn't do it earlier, because it would have been obvious they were backpedaling in the face of player outrage, or at leats would have looked that way, and that's something they shouldn't do. It's sort of a reverse psycology catch 22 for the players. If they complain too much over certain issues, then Jagex can't back down until significant time passes, or they will encourage the players to go up in arms over everything.

Still, its nice to see these kinds of announcements. Its not what I ultimately will want to see, but you have to get through this stuff before you get to the meaningful actions. As long as it doesn't stop at propoganda, and does move on to meaningful action, I'll be happy, and this kind of propoganda is a potential step in the right direction, and that's something worth celebrating.

I believe its a violation of the T&C's which you accept upon making the account. That's why they can sue.

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Not that I know anything about regular T&C's, but wouldn't it be possible to just add a line saying they have the right to sue anyone who breaks it by doing X (selling Jagex property for personal gain in this example).

Not that I know anything about regular T&C's, but wouldn't it be possible to just add a line saying they have the right to sue anyone who breaks it by doing X (selling Jagex property for personal gain in this example).

It doesn't always work that way. It might in this instance, though I doubt it.

The legality of their actions (barring tax evasion and whatnot) is questionable, and so just putting it into the T&C doesn't magically give Jagex the right to sue the players.

As for my personal opinion on the matter, it's a PR stunt until Jagex does more.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

It's like waivers. You can't put anything in there you want and have it stand up in court. If they put in that for every rule violation you owe them 5 grand, and try to bring that before a court, you going to get laughed back to the bronze age.

Thinking about it though, its illegal (at least most places) to profit off of the intellectual property of someone else. Since the game, all the accounts, and everything on the accounts are the property of Jagex, making a profit off of any of it (profit in real money that is) would be against the law in at least all the first world countries, since they would all honor Jagex's copyright. Not sure it would be worth suing these players, but they would probably have a case.

And I could be wrong. I'm not a lawer or anything. Just seems like it would be illegal to profit off their intellectual property.

And yeah, it is a PR stunt. Espeically in that they haven't given any evidence that their systems had anything to do with it. It's not a lot of players, so they could have simply just followed the money and built their own little internal paper case, then make this release to try and dissuade other people from trying the same thing (which hasn't worked out so well in the past). This is why I am waiting for the much larger list(s) that might demonstrate that they are banning more people than would be feasible to investigate entirely by hand.

I've heard a lot about these "advanced systems" that Jagex employs to catch nefarious players like this. You know, this is easily the kth time I've heard them mentioned, and for some reason, it's always the 1 + kth time around that finally gets these guys. I really don't think that this is anything more than a PR stunt, especially given that players have been reporting for years that these sorts of groups were illegitimate.

Congratulations Jagex; you've finally got your man. Only took you two years.

• Like 1

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

theyll just make new accs and continue hosting anyways

Yep. If Jagex were really committed to removing gambling from RuneScape they would have done something about the methods of gambling, like they did with the horse and dice. They don't even have to remove the items from the game, just:

1.) Divide the mithril flowers into different seeds for different colors.

2.) Take the random draw items and just make them repeat in succession instead of randomly. Like the Classic Cape will always go bar - arrow - etc.

I still blame Jagex for all of this. They know that the community is a pack of wild, mostly unintelligent, animals and yet they still threw the meat out (dice). Now they'll find anything and everything to gamble with.

Remember this is the same community that wanted Durial unbanned, expected Jagex to not ban players for exploiting that penguin bug allowing people to get thousands of points, and regularly wonder why Jagex bans players for killing each other where they shouldn't be.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You have to have grounds to sue, and there is a limit the EULA can even apply.

Oh and this is BS "Thinking about it though, its illegal (at least most places) to profit off of the intellectual property of someone else." In SOME cases obviously (illicit copying and selling music) but to say "most" cases is just laughable. It's just way too broad of a claim to be even viable as true.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

publicity stunt tl;dr, 9001bazzilion rwters out there still, and i really dont care about them anymore.. jagex sees 1 dimensionally,, that 1 dimension is..... MONEY. they dont care about rwting, just their image.

anyone wana buy some spins theyre not rwt or gambling, so all good.

umodbros?

meamzed.png

theyll just make new accs and continue hosting anyways

Yep. If Jagex were really committed to removing gambling from RuneScape they would have done something about the methods of gambling, like they did with the horse and dice. They don't even have to remove the items from the game, just:

1.) Divide the mithril flowers into different seeds for different colors.

2.) Take the random draw items and just make them repeat in succession instead of randomly. Like the Classic Cape will always go bar - arrow - etc.

And none of this has any effect on the blackmarket dicing that takes place on IRC

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png