Well Known RWT'rs banned.

Fallstar

n64, they are trying to find an automated system that can handle the botting solution. It's not an easy problem to solve. You can't just ask the players computer if there is a human sitting in front of it. It doesn't know, and even if it did, computers can be programmed to lie.

Warning: Speculation on how the Ban Dragon works

Jagex seem to be taking the anti virus approach right now. They write definitions, or profiles, of behavior that demonstrates someone is botting. When the servers find someone who matches a profile, the servers ban them. The problem is that just like computer viruses, the people making them keep changing them to change their electronic signature and behavior, so that they no longer match a known profile. If you know how the bot works, you should always be able to write a profile to define and find it, but you need the bot script first, and it means that making a new bot that uses a new method not yet seen will work until Jagex can add or modify a profile to catch it.

The server also does not have unlimited resources. Checking accounts takes time. A filter is pretty easy, because everything it needs to know is in each line of text you write. Behavior takes time. There is the so called 'green mile' between lumbridge castle and the ge on world 1. Most of the auto typers trying to get to the ge follow this path, and most don't make it (the ban hand normally crushes them around the windmill). If they make it to the ge, then they start advertising. If it is a method that the system is set to identify, it will eventually destroy them, but it's not instant. If they live through the green mile, they will get at least a few lines off.

Also, Jagex selling gold is very different. RWT gold still comes from the game, not thin air. Making large ammounts of gold out of thin air would cause inflation. It's the same reason countries don't just print as much money as they need and instead take on debt. There is a lower floor to how gold farmers can sell gold, because running the bots isn't free, and there is a finite limit on how fast you can farm gold. At some point it would cease to be proffitable. If Jagex were to undercut that point, gold would be so cheep it would probably drive RuneScape to hyperinflation, and they'd probably end up adding a new currency (say a platinum coin that represents a billion gold ones). Many of the higher end items would also become disproportionately expensive, rising in value faster than the inflation rate, as people with literally unlimited funds drive prices up.

You also have to understand that even if Jagex just went competative, pricing at or even just above the gold farmers, it would still cause problems because more people would buy gold, magnifying the current effects. There are plenty of people who wont buy gold out of fear or distrust (fear of getting banned or robbed), or simply because it's against the rules. The more people who buy, the more will consider it just to stay competative.

You are seriously delusional. Jagex selling gold is no different than RWT selling gold. Money is not simply transferred around. It is created from the massive bot farms, and then sold. With that said, I don't feel as if selling gold themselves would be any sort of solution.

Think before you start throwing around words like "delusional." They generate resources but they do not directly create gold. They exchange their resources for gold on the grand exchange and sell the gold they get as a result. Jagex selling gold would be directly creating gold, which is why Or Trade me was talking about screwing up the economy...I don't know what the hell you're on about.

As a side note: Jagex selling gold is not a deterrent if the black market can successfully thrive and people can take part without a significant fear of losing their account -- this is what we have today.

The most effective/efficient method for solving this problem? Find an automated solution for detecting rule breakers. Apparently hiring Jacmob didn't help with this solution.

Did you forget that they're still working on Botwatch? That's exactly what they're trying to do. They just have not been successful thusfar.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

1. I pointed out that I don't believe Jagex selling gold would remove RWT. Just to be clear, I agree with this point.

2. You compare Jagex selling gold to countries printing money, and I understand your thought process, but the two are not the same. You act as if bots create a resource instead of the gold that it is somehow different. It's a tiny bit different, but both lead to inflation.

Something I would like to see, but would never happen, would be the opening of a marketplace. Allow players to sell gold to other players for Runecoins. It would 1. Legitimate people would stop buying gold off of RWT sites. 2. One of the biggest drives for bots and RWT is real currency. This would help remove that aspect.

I would then like to see runecoins opened up to buying things like buffs, etc. While they are at it, get rid of the subscription model.

w4M8t.png

Bots make my stuff cheaper. I don't think that's inflation. Their money still comes from the people.

• Like 1

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There is the so called 'green mile' between lumbridge castle and the ge on world 1. Most of the auto typers trying to get to the ge follow this path, and most don't make it (the ban hand normally crushes them around the windmill). If they make it to the ge, then they start advertising. If it is a method that the system is set to identify, it will eventually destroy them, but it's not instant. If they live through the green mile, they will get at least a few lines off.

A few make it all the way, but not many. Compared to the number of bots that show up at Explorer Jack in World 1 (making it past account creation, where some get banned within seconds of actually creating their accounts) compared to those that actually make it to the GE, it really is doing its job. Of course, while people want *all* of them banned before they can make it to the GE, the fact is that so many already are banned before making it to the GE that what we're seeing there are actually very little that make it all the way.

"Okay, we're good."

L0l

I said the same, "LOL". Its only a matter of time before all of this repeats itself. My guess is that Jagex is watching all of his accounts now, and he won't be around for much longer (not to mention, the first ban killed his name recognition, which will eventually put him out of business).

Not to mention, World 2 GE seems a lot quieter now that a few of more of the big scale gambling "clans" have been axed. With Dare's name being changed (and later sniped, then banned completely by Jagex), to these two bans, the GE is now filled with a few smaller gambling clans trying to make it big. Guess we'll have to see if those are sent out of business in the next few months as well.

Applejuiceaj.png

120320213547.png

They could do better than an ip block though. Their JAG system uses something more unique to the computer to identify you, though I'm not sure what. I know changing say a graphics driver will cause your computer to become unrecognized though. It's just as easy to bypass, changing a driver isn't very hard to do. But it's a lot more effort than changing your ip address. Perhaps they should look into that.

They could do better than an ip block though. Their JAG system uses something more unique to the computer to identify you, though I'm not sure what. I know changing say a graphics driver will cause your computer to become unrecognized though. It's just as easy to bypass, changing a driver isn't very hard to do. But it's a lot more effort than changing your ip address. Perhaps they should look into that.

Playing in a different type of client will also cause it to not recognize you.

09144a99bb.png

Fishy Hosts FC is now banned/closed. They switched back to Fishy Temp FC, also banned/closed. They're now back in Hits FC

As I think I mentioned at some point (or maybt it was in PM to a friend when the ban first happened), the name recognition is the death of them. Jagex locking these FC's is easily going to put them out of business.

Yeah, that's also true. Even something such as a MAC address could potentially work, or a combination of all three. Changing all three would be quite annoying.

Applejuiceaj.png

120320213547.png

Fishy Hosts FC is now banned/closed. They switched back to Fishy Temp FC, also banned/closed. They're now back in Hits FC

As I think I mentioned at some point (or maybt it was in PM to a friend when the ban first happened), the name recognition is the death of them. Jagex locking these FC's is easily going to put them out of business.

The problem is that the owner of Fishy is a smug little [wagon] who thinks he's above the rules so he likes to act like he's kingshit in front of Jagex. Problem is his whole clan relies on his social manipulation tactics on YouTube to get betters, and that makes it easy for Jacmob to find his newest FC every time it opens. He's fighting a losing battle.

• Like 1

The problem is that the owner of Fishy is a smug little [wagon] who thinks he's above the rules so he likes to act like he's kingshit in front of Jagex. Problem is his whole clan relies on his social manipulation tactics on YouTube to get betters, and that makes it easy for Jacmob to find his newest FC every time it opens. He's fighting a losing battle.

I am glad they are putting them out of business, if only they could show the same kind of determination with actual bots.

purekilljoy.png

Temp Fishy FC closed. Now in Fishy HQ FC. Both fishy and starry have started attacking mod jacmob in their videos, and posting his real-life name everywhere. They sure know how to stay inconspicuous

That's sad. Idiots don't know when to stop.

Fishy HQ FC locked -> Fishy Plants FC locked

Fishy has begun to realize that he's just going to continue to be locked so what he did now was told his ranks to start hosting in FCs of ranks in other dice clans in an attempt to get those people locked and take down other hosts with him. They were also hosting in Sparc Mac's FC, and a few high betters from other clans.

They're now back in their own FC, Fishy Flow

Win All Day - banned with 100b [win all day fc]

Stokenut - banned with 5b [fishy fc]

Smokin Mils - banned with #b [smokin mils fc]

Mr J Rune - banned with #b [smokin mils fc]

Pitiful - banned with 20b [fishy fc]

Maxy Pad - banned with 85b [fishy fc]

Cls Product + mules - perm locked / banned with 30b [cls product fc]

Mx799 - banned with 20b [cls product fc]

Joopi - banned with #b [no fc]

Lucky D - perm locked with 30b [fishy fc]

F44 - Perm locked with 13b, appealed, sold, then perm banned [fishy fc]

Jail - Perm locked/banned with 5b [fishy fc]

Pikin is Fun - Perm locked with 55b [fishy fc]

iZinC - Perm locked with 45b [fishy fc]

The WomD - Perm locked with #b [fishy fc]

Smite Yo BGS - permlock/possible reset [fishy fc] (might be 2 week)

Ranginranq91 - permlock/possible reset [fishy fc] (might be 2 week)

Fishy + mules - permlocked with ~120b [fishy fc]

Starrychelx + mules - permlocked with 200 - 300b [fishy fc]

Few other Fishy FC hosts that I haven't the names of yet.

Fear One - perm lock with ~50b [fear one fc]

NEW ADDITION

Hits - perm lock with 70b [(one of the many) fishy fc]

Fishy has begun to realize that he's just going to continue to be locked so what he did now was told his ranks to start hosting in FCs of ranks in other dice clans in an attempt to get those people locked and take down other hosts with him. They were also hosting in Sparc Mac's FC, and a few high betters from other clans.

That made me speecheless. That guy deserves to get slapped.

• Like 3

That made me speecheless. That guy deserves to get slapped.

I actually almost fell victim to this, very very luckily for me one of my friends warned me and I closed my fc asap.

Also targeting a lot of well known stakers (person who warned me had it happen to them).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I'm sure Jacmob is already aware of this, so shit like that won't happen any longer.

It's a shame that players like Fishy have to ruin other players' gameplay for no reason. When you get banned, you get banned for a reason, so either you create a new account and don't do the same shit you've done before or GTFO this game.

• Like 1