Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Well Known RWT'rs banned.

Community RS Market Recent Updates

• Please log in to reply
700 replies to this topic

Poppe
[ Display Name History ]

Poppe

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Etjien
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Anyway, my point is that most JMods aren't the type of people that, within a company, you would trust with access or knowledge or whatever. Most of them are probably just looking to get ahead in the company and get a foot in the door. Or they were runescape players themselves, and they feel the need to devote more of their life to this game.

To be fair the majority of the Community Management Jagex Moderators (the people that deal head player moderators and the forums) are interns or atleast a fair amount.

Speaking as a former player moderator, the interns are actually some of the people that seem to care the most as well. When I first got my crown in 08' I was very close to a jmod named Mod Fran who was just interning at jagex for work experience in gaming customer support area. I still remember celebrating when she finally got her license as she never had a need for one until she moved to Cambridge XD. What this means is there is a fair amount of not caring strictly for the code of silence, especially when jmods are on their "choobs" (typically what they call their normal, nonjagex account).

Rogie (Skiller) was close to quite a few of the jmods when I still had my crown so wouldn't be surprised if he offhandly got the information from a jmod playing on their choob. People might be surprised at that there are a handful of jmods in community management that play runescape and actually are high levels. One jmod actually use to be in the top 15 most experience in Runescape for awhile and still is in the top 50.

Also there have been atleast two times that a player moderator has gone from a normal moderator, to a dual moderator (forum+player), to working for hjagex (triple mod XD?). One player moderator actually climbed so high he actually became Head of Pmods in community management. I think now he has moved onto the content testing team now though.

And to finish up my story, I actually have a screenshot from a larger moderator meeting where the head of community management (corner office guy) was getting on to address us and either Mod Emilee or Mod Poppy literally said "brb going to show him how to log in."

So what I'm getting at is there is a fair amount of connection between community management jmods and the players, especially more known players. But at the same time there is a bit of disconnect between management and the players.

So is it surprising something like this was "leaked?" Not at all, just the nature of things. Does management care? I'd honestly don't think they would.

Now as to the current topic of Fishy videos... :boohoo:
Posted Image

Barney.S
[ Display Name History ]

Barney.S

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 133 posts

Why do so many people worship these inconsistent, inconsiderate people?

I blame Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan.

I blame the Kardashians.

Fishy is your average teenager trying to find a sense of importance in the world, unfortunately, he is also your average pathetic, self-centered teenager, which means he doesn't understand that not a lot of people give a flying [bleep] about him. I hope they close him down for good and he cries some more and in a year he will be another person who noone remembers, because hes actions are actually of no significance.

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
"could end up being my last video"

We can dream.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
We need a poster. Requesting someone with photoshop skills to make a Che-esque poster with fishy's face.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

- he also said that Jagex has not a single evidence of him RWTing, yet he admitted in the video, that he has RWT'ed (Not sure if stupid or troll)

By now it's too late to get his accs back, so there's really no harm in coming 'clean'.
But I do agree with your first 3 points, it's really him trying to justify his actions with the same poor excuses everyone uses.

I really don't like how he says he's sure that Jagex had no evidence against him. Obviously there was some because Jagex always errs on the side of caution. Naturally, evidence can be 'wrong' in the sense that they perm'd his friends that he was transfering GP to assuming it was RWT, but to say Jagex had no evidence whatsoever seems to be a gross underestimating of Jagex.

You're so wrong in so many ways. You really have no idea. Jagex, in most cases, had no evidence that any of these players were involved with RWT by any means. The only thing they had was large amounts of money (gp) disappearing off their accounts how ever often they chose to sell. This is nothing more than a suggestion that RWT might be a possibility, or another being that they are just very generous and like to give their money to random people across Runescape.
I find it rather sad though, how Jagex is handling this whole situation. It's really immature, and should have ended long ago. That money could have literally gone anywhere.

Also, i really do hope they take Fishy to court, along with the rest of the people in his clan. If they want to make an example of how serious they take RWT, they now have the perfect chance.

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

We need a poster. Requesting someone with photoshop skills to make a Che-esque poster with fishy's face.

He really doesn't deserve that, or any acknowledgement.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

That was the point

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

That was the point

http://en.wikipedia..../wiki/Poe's_law

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
You'd have to be delusional (or one of the people in question) to see them as a Revolutionary. That is, as much as Fishy likes to believe he's a martyr for some rediculous cause*

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy
Whoever is banning Fishy's fc's, their time would be far better spent banning the dozens, if not hundreds, of bots with 200m hunter xp. 90% of their betters are addicts and know all the hosts anyway, so they aren't really hurting the fc at all. Whereas the hunter hiscores are just a joke at the moment. Jagex need to get their priorities sorted out.

Asmodean <3

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

That was the point

What about one of those 2008 Obama Hope posters?

3tarluap
[ Display Name History ]

3tarluap

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 18 posts

Whoever is banning Fishy's fc's, their time would be far better spent banning the dozens, if not hundreds, of bots with 200m hunter xp. 90% of their betters are addicts and know all the hosts anyway, so they aren't really hurting the fc at all. Whereas the hunter hiscores are just a joke at the moment. Jagex need to get their priorities sorted out.

and how about those rc highscores? take a look at page 4 onwards. Nature bots with 125m+ xp. There are also 200m xp mining bots... smithing bots at 50m smith xp from cannonballs. whats that like 10k/hour for a bot?... Pathetic

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs

1)The two options aren't really related
2)Banning the fc's doesn't take long, even if it was the same team working on it, the time saved would be absolutely minimal
3)They already know how Fishy's fcs are being used, whereas they don't know for sure about those bot accounts. Sure, it's quite likely that those with "jgjljhl" names and only hunter xp are bots...but you can't ban because of that, because a human player could do the same thing.

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

- he also said that Jagex has not a single evidence of him RWTing, yet he admitted in the video, that he has RWT'ed (Not sure if stupid or troll)

By now it's too late to get his accs back, so there's really no harm in coming 'clean'.
But I do agree with your first 3 points, it's really him trying to justify his actions with the same poor excuses everyone uses.
I really don't like how he says he's sure that Jagex had no evidence against him. Obviously there was some because Jagex always errs on the side of caution. Naturally, evidence can be 'wrong' in the sense that they perm'd his friends that he was transfering GP to assuming it was RWT, but to say Jagex had no evidence whatsoever seems to be a gross underestimating of Jagex.

You're so wrong in so many ways. You really have no idea. Jagex, in most cases, had no evidence that any of these players were involved with RWT by any means. The only thing they had was large amounts of money (gp) disappearing off their accounts how ever often they chose to sell. This is nothing more than a suggestion that RWT might be a possibility, or another being that they are just very generous and like to give their money to random people across Runescape.

Now, obviously, I don't know for sure. However, I do have first hand experience in helping Jagex track and take down RWTers in my homeworld. It's not just the fact that GP was transfered, it's also the context in which it is transfered and the methods used. There is ALWAYS a trail, it's just a matter of knowing what to look for.

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt

Why do so many people worship these inconsistent, inconsiderate people?

I blame Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan.

To be fair, they're not really painting themselves as anything other than carefree celebrities. Fishy here seems to be involved in a serious and important revolutionary struggle.

I can hear the rallying cry now... "I made thousands of dollars off of 13 year old gambling addicts! Help me make even more money (And struggle against corporate greed) by keeping this channel open!"

I got blocked by fishy for quoting . "I made thousands of dollars off of 13 year old gambling addicts! Help me make even more money (And struggle against corporate greed) by keeping this channel open!" on his channel. Obviously annoys him/his aim, so while I couldn't ask people to go post it on his video, I might highly suggest it if he annoys you.
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

Auror
[ Display Name History ]

Auror

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • RSN:Don Auror
I swear to God, if Jagex really sent an MMA fighter to Fishy's house, we wouldn't have to deal with this problem anymore.

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I got blocked by fishy for quoting . "I made thousands of dollars off of 13 year old gambling addicts! Help me make even more money (And struggle against corporate greed) by keeping this channel open!" on his channel. Obviously annoys him/his aim, so while I couldn't ask people to go post it on his video, I might highly suggest it if he annoys you.

I got blocked for saying "You profited off of Jagex's IP, obviously they're going to go after you". So yeah, he obviously can't take any kind of negative publicity.

EDIT in response to Kim's post 2 down:
I got blocked from the channel yesterday after I first saw the video and wanted to add my 2 cents. I in no way posted because of anyone else, nor do I suggest other people comment copypasta to his videos.

Auror
[ Display Name History ]

Auror

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • RSN:Don Auror
go and tell him "U r mad only cuz u made less rl $$$ than Starry"

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
You guys...*facepalm*

Encouraging people to post stupid antagonizing shit on his channel is absolutely no better than what he's doing. Don't be foolish.

hzvjpwS.gif

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
Can Jagex actually take legal action against him? Someone brought that up earlier and I am not entirely sure they can.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, RS Market, Recent Updates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users