Getting Black Ibis with Sceptre of the Gods

TheLad1

I've finally managed to snare a Sceptre of the Gods & am now going to try to get a piece (or pieces) of Black Ibis.

Is the general consensus to just thieve as many urns from room 1 until your time runs our, or shall I still rush to 2nd last room & then do all the urns from here?

I guess what I'm asking is are the Ibis pieces more likely from the higher level rooms?

the_lad_1.png

There is the same chance of finding it, regardless what level urn you search. If you want to find the pieces faster, you can search all of the urns in the first three rooms, however you'll only get like 30k xp/hr. Personally, I think it's better to do just the last two rooms, and still get 300k xp/hr or whatever it is.

2s0cxth.png

Blake pretty much covered it.

Don't matter what urns you do in terms of rarity only difference is doing first rooms = more urns per hour for less xp per hour.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As the other guys have said already, opening the urns in the first 3-4 rooms is much faster than opening the urns in the final two rooms. The experience rate is around a maximum of 40k experience per hour when just doing the first three rooms, but you do open a decent number of urns.

If you really don't care about experience rates and just want the Black Ibis outfit for the looks, then you're best off just opening the first three rooms worth of urns.

It took me 4 and a half hours to get the Black Ibis Legs and then finally the Top with the Sceptre of the Gods with the new drop rates. Previously, it took me over 40 hours (all spent in these first three rooms) to get the Mask and Boots. It's great to have the full set now, although I only use it for the looks, as the 2.5% XP bonus is useless in Pyramid Plunder. It may help one day if I decide to get my Thieving rank even higher. :)

Best of luck with your plunderings! :D

Edited by TehGreatFire

Just got Mask & Legs from same room !!!

A pop-up does appear & the pieces drop on floor, need to be careful as I usually spam click the urns which gets rid of pop-up straight away & therefore could easily be missed!! They should really change this so a red dialogue line appears.

BlackIbis2.png

• Like 1

the_lad_1.png

Haha, awesome work! The new increased rates have made the outfit ridiculously common if you have a Sceptre of the Gods. :P

It actually took me two tries to get the Sceptre. I got my first on the 29th of November last year, but I had a full inventory at the time so the Sceptre was automatically destroyed upon getting it. This was not too long after I reached 93 Thieving, and I'd been opening the ENgraved Sarcophagus every single run since I hit level 91.

I got my second one on the 6th of December at 98 Thieving, this time making sure I had an empty inventory space. I'm not sure how many runs that was to get the sceptre, but the two values were between levels 91-93 and 93-98 for those interested in getting one.