Bank of RuneScape; Leaked Update?

Carl

Fake or not, it's a good fake.

Ironic how this appears RIGHT after they ban RWT'ers..

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Somehow it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that it was a hoax given how sketchy that source is.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

As a side note, I was playing around with some math not long ago trying to figure out how much money is sold into this game every year by the RWT companies (my result was the volume would be in the low trillions).

As far as I know, Jagex has only ever said once how much they confiscate from RWTers in their Jagex versus RWT DevDiary.

During 2006, we banned bot and real-world trader accounts carrying RuneScape gold and items worth over 200 billion gp. During 2007, so far, we've banned over 525 billion, which has a real-world value of over $2.6 million US - that's an increase of over 250%. At that rate of growth, we'd be looking at banning over 8 trillion gp in 2010 - that's 8,000 billion gp - which has a real-world value of over $40 million US. It's an almost unbelievably high number, but it hammers home the sheer size of the problem we are facing and why we have to take action against it.

I don't know the exact inflation rate, but I'd say since GP is 1/10th the price it was back in 06, your estimate in the low trillions per year is close. Though, that is what Jagex finds and bans, much more gets through.

~$4.95/mil? I don't think it was ever that much, but then again all I did was pk East drags back then. lol

As a side note, I was playing around with some math not long ago trying to figure out how much money is sold into this game every year by the RWT companies (my result was the volume would be in the low trillions).

As far as I know, Jagex has only ever said once how much they confiscate from RWTers in their Jagex versus RWT DevDiary.

During 2006, we banned bot and real-world trader accounts carrying RuneScape gold and items worth over 200 billion gp. During 2007, so far, we've banned over 525 billion, which has a real-world value of over $2.6 million US - that's an increase of over 250%. At that rate of growth, we'd be looking at banning over 8 trillion gp in 2010 - that's 8,000 billion gp - which has a real-world value of over $40 million US. It's an almost unbelievably high number, but it hammers home the sheer size of the problem we are facing and why we have to take action against it.

I don't know the exact inflation rate, but I'd say since GP is 1/10th the price it was back in 06, your estimate in the low trillions per year is close. Though, that is what Jagex finds and bans, much more gets through.

~$4.95/mil? I don't think it was ever that much, but then again all I did was pk East drags back then. lol

The most I had ever seen a million RS gold sell for was $10, and that was back about the the time RWT was starting to become a big deal.

tFtfA.jpg

Wow I guess I'm not crazy

Was loading RS earlier and thought I saw something like this on the scroll banner but wasn't able to find it when I reloaded the page

You reckon it is what it sounds like?

Rofl. I guess you are crazy.

Please don't let it be what I think it is...

It's been confirmed as an Hoax supposedly by a Jmod, it may have given IVPex ideas though so maybe we will see it in the near future:/

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

[qfc]15-16-264-63957853[/qfc]

Confirmed to be a hoax.

Bugger wrote a long post showing all the things that point it to be a fake before getting to the end of the thread :(

Edit: As I found them might as well post them:

Buskers concept art (note the two in the middle)

eVRaM.jpg

Consecrated pet house concept art (skip to about 42 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PJhVuP2AnA&feature=player_detailpage#t=42s

Good troll though, a lot of effort put into it. It's a shame really that he cheaped out on the silhouette as he didnt even take it in beta where characters now have fingers.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I blame Carl, dam Irish

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

[qfc]15-16-264-63957853[/qfc]

Confirmed to be a hoax.

Glad to hear it's a hoax but I don't really appreciate that he's trying to insult Newb by insinuating he deliberately created a hoax image, or that he's just parroting what he heard read elsewhere (consecrated pethouse).

Is no one trained to be professional nowadays? Cause I was, and I'll take his job if that's such a hard thing for people to learn...

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

He didn't insinuate anything, he just said Newb heard it from someone else, and parroting the truth can hardly be considered bad.

Jagex isn't perfect, but some people try way to hard to hate them.

He implied he created the fake image and url, beyond simply saying A heard it from B. Newb would never do that.

People aren't perfect but when you place yourself in a public position in any way, you get harsh criticism. Just as you implied my dislike of his actions was overzealous. You see the connection. And I don't hate you for it. Just like I don't hate him. You and I, we're just critical.

Shrug it off and move on.

hzvjpwS.gif

Well I'm relieved that they were able to confirm it's a hoax.

I didn't create the image, that's for sure. Thanks for the trust, Kim. :wink:

EDIT: I think it paints a rather dark picture when we can so easily believe that Jagex would do this. Hopefully it hasn't given them any ideas.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Hi all,

I just wanted to send you some information about a “Bank of RuneScape” image which has been posted up on a couple of Fansites (Tip.it and Zybez so far from what we have found).

Many of your eagle eyed community members have already noticed but I thought I would confirm 100% that this is a fake. Please do let your community know if it does happen to get mentioned on your site.

Who would have thought a pet store would get used as a bank?! J

Many thanks,

Zach

DancingLock.gif

1.png
generic_signature.png