The Big Chinchompa & Boost Your Bank! (28th of August)

Pirkka

Nyriki Tapio is a gnome on a mission to hunt the biggest of game - plutonial chinchompas! These rare beasts exist in isolated habitats, and have just one weakness: food!

Nyriki will show up periodically at hunting spots across Gielinor and ask for your help in capturing one of these ravenous rodents. Once you've met him, he'll take you to the chinchompa's lair. When inside, you'll need to capture soporith moths - the chinchompa's food of choice - and feed them to the chinchompa in its nest. Once its belly's full and its cheeks can hold no more, the beast will fall into a slumber, and victory will be yours!

You'll get XP for feeding moths to the chinchompa - which are found flying around the cave, in shaking branches covered in pupae, and attracted by brandishing one of the protea flowers native to the chinchompa's habitat - as well as an increase in your score. Higher-level moths yield greater rewards, so be sure to grab the best ones that you can.

The game ends after 20 minutes, or when the chinchompa falls asleep. When you leave, you'll be awarded competence points, which can be spent on rewards at Mieliki's store in the Tree Gnome Stronghold. If you leave before the game ends, however, you can still visit Mieliki's store to trade in your current point total.

Best among these rewards are tickets, each granting you a catch at the Tapios' private hunting grounds. Grenwalls, pawyas and polar kebbits (a high-level version, needing box traps) are all yours for the hunting. You can even invite your friends, using a communications device within the hunting grounds. Other rewards include snape grass, flax, swamp toads, and a cosmetic protea flower, wieldable outside the D&D.

Nyriki can't do it without you, so let the fur fly!

Mod Ash

How to Start Hunting Big Chinchompas

Find Nyriki at hunting spots around the world, or speak to Mieliki in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.

Requirements

You must be a member.

No level is required, but capturing better moths requires a range of increasing Hunter levels.

Some private hunting grounds are only available to those who have started Regicide.

In Other News

All 4 tiers of the 'Tracker' aura are now 30% off!

We've rebalanced the Runespan to give the greatest rewards to those who actively seek to get the most out of the content. Those hunting down the best nodes and participating in the D&Ds will now enjoy the highest XP and point returns available:

Point gain from siphoning from creatures has been reduced.

Nodes move more often, and take longer to respawn once depleted.

Siphoning from runespheres now yields twice the rune dust that it did before. There's also a mouse-over tooltip on the runesphere icon, revealing which floor it's on.

The XP gain from handing in rune dust has been increased to 25 XP per dust.

View the patch notes here:

Graphical:

The cosmetic gaze auras no longer leaves the effect active when the aura is switched off.

The role icons during Barbarian Assault now appear on entering a game.

Quests & Tasks:

The "Clay More" hint has been updated to remove the reference to prospecting the rock.

Skills & Minigames:

The wizards from the Runespan area will no longer appear at a Runecrafting altar during a Great Orb Project game.

Other:

Clan Avatar XP boosts with XP boosting gear equipped now works more consistently.

The in-game navigation bar will now remember the hidden setting more reliably.

The "Subscribe" button will no longer appear for members on the navigation bar.

Platypus pets no longer revert to "crawl" walking speed.

Boost your Bank!

Greetings, adventurer!

It is with great pleasure that I present to you the bank booster; the latest item available from Solomon’s General Store!

It is in an adventurer’s very nature to hoard the many rewards of their quests. Each and every item tells a story of victory; of courage over adversity; of triumph! But alas, space is at a premium for storing these numerous trinkets and treasures...

At last, there is a solution!

Simply purchase the Bank Booster +50 from my store and, the next time you log in, take a moment to inspect your bank. You’ll observe that an additional 50 spaces have become available to you! This marvellous item works in exactly the same manner for members and non-members. Indeed, up to 5 bank boosters can be purchased from my boutique, totalling 250 fantastic additional bank spaces, available to all!

What’s more, in consideration of our most loyal adventurers, in the coming weeks the bank booster will also be available not only from my boutique, but also from the Loyalty Shop.

If you’ve yet to visit my establishment, why not drop in and receive 200 RuneCoins absolutely free? Remember that if you wish to purchase additional RuneCoins, you can do so here or by clicking ‘Buy RuneCoins’ inside my store. Don’t forget that I offer a 10% discount to all members!

Until next time.

Solomon

Proprietor - Solomon’s General Store

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

It'll be interesting to see the effect of the tweaks to Runespan on the experience point rates there.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Just a quick advance warning...

The Big Chinchompa activity transports players to the special "instance worlds", like Clan Citadels, the Crucible and the boardgames room. However, unlike those other features, the Big Chinchompa uses small groups of players.

Imagine it's like a series of small meeting rooms. If lots of people all try to enter at once, the first-comers will get in, and everyone else will get kicked back to try another room. The game should create as many rooms as it takes to fit all the players, but it won't make them all at once, and you'll probably get kicked back quite a few times before finally getting into a room.

This looks like a "Connection lost" message, followed by a plain little message about how the instance was full. When you see that, just try again. And again. Eventually it should let you in.

I don't see this being a problem once the initial rush wears off, but for the first day or so you should expect quite a bit of this queuing.

To make it a bit easier, I've increased the capacity of the minigame rooms temporarily. It'll probably feel a bit crowded inside the minigame, since there'll potentially be lots and lots of people in each room. However, once the initial rush wears off, I can put the minigame size back to what we intended.

Thanks for your patience while this is going on.

[qfc]15-16-313-63965678[/qfc]

hzvjpwS.gif

Patch Notes:

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the [/color]Bug Report feature.

Graphical:

• The cosmetic gaze auras no longer leaves the effect active when the aura is switched off.
  • The role icons during Barbarian Assault now appear on entering a game.

Quests & Tasks:

• The "Clay More" hint has been updated to remove the reference to prospecting the rock.

Skills & Minigames:

• The wizards from the Runespan area will no longer appear at a Runecrafting altar during a Great Orb Project game.

Other:

• Clan Avatar XP boosts with XP boosting gear equipped now works more consistently.
  • The in-game navigation bar will now remember the hidden setting more reliably.
  • The "Subscribe" button will no longer appear for members on the navigation bar.
  • Platypus pets no longer revert to "crawl" walking speed.

]

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

Anyone figured out how to get bank space from Loyalty shop? Can't find it anywhere...

You made the same mistake I did. It's not out yet.

Oh well I bought supreme tracker. Meh.

Go to Solomon store. You can't really miss it, lol. The Loyalty shop will give out the bank space next week.

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

The soloman thing people moaning about buyable advantage: Tbh I don't see an issue with this. If you 'need' to buy extra bank space you have more money than sense imo. I've got stacks of crud in my bank for all the skills, plus a bunch of costumes and crap that's essentially useless, plus more combat gear than I really need plus all sorts of mini-game, quest, comp cape task supplies, plus a tab of most of the clue scroll dress up items and I STILL have a good 100+ free spaces even when I've done mtk and a bunch of slayer without selling off the drops etc.

If you need the 'advantage' of more bank space you doing sumat wrong, I could see perhaps member gone f2p might struggle but meh you can still have bank space for that if you sort it out b4 you downgrade.

That being said even if you do take it as an in-game advantage, it's not exactly one I have a problem with people paying for. It's not like having more bank space is going to make someone earn gp faster, hunt bosses better or w/e. All it means is they can horde even more junk.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Procrastination in runescape is never good, they will always nerf an update. They even dare to nerf it 2 times and the second time months after the initial release. I'm so happy I got tier 1 esteem which took forever and therefore does not need nerfing point rates

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

^ I think it is so people have enough space to store all the cosmetic crap from future SOF updates. So you have to pay to store the stuff you paid for.

Although personally I keep placeholders for tons of things and so my bank is pretty full...but refuse to microtransact to get more.

What reason is there for saving bank boosters from Loyalty until next week?

• Like 1

Still not excited about the update. :P

Happy I did Runespan before they nerfed it again.

This week's Solomon update is useless to most people. I'd rather clean my bank and keep my 8 or whatever euro's it costs for 50 more spots.

Anyone figured out how to get bank space from Loyalty shop? Can't find it anywhere...

You made the same mistake I did. It's not out yet.

Oh well I bought supreme tracker. Meh.

Go to Solomon store. You can't really miss it, lol. The Loyalty shop will give out the bank space next week.

Well considering we're talking about the Loyalty shop and not Solomon...

Thanks?

hzvjpwS.gif

The hunter update seems really nice to me. More private hunting areas than before for sure anyway, even if they are not completely private. It is much better to share a hunting ground together with a few other real players than to share a hunting ground together with a few dozens of bots. I look forward to testing this new distraction and diversion out. Hunter have always been one of my favourite skills.

But I don't like that Jagex is starting to sell useful items that are not only cosmetic for real life money. Bank boosters are perhaps not that useful. But this is another quite big step towards selling really useful items in Solomon's store.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I don't like that the SGS now has a tab called "Services." It's like they're taunting us with their plans of pay to win updates.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

^ I think it is so people have enough space to store all the cosmetic crap from future SOF updates. So you have to pay to store the stuff you paid for.

The gift that keeps on giving. :twss:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I maycheck out this DnD when i start training hunter.

I don't mind them selling extra bank space, it's like it's needed or anything,POH stores sets, SoF rewards you can destroy and claim at diango, everything else should fit into the 400+ bank you have.

Given that i often find myself with 300+ free bank spaces, it's unlikely I'll pay for more bank space... :)

I just hope that instituting this change doesn't come at the cost of normal bankspace upgrades, like when new skills come out.

hzvjpwS.gif

Still waiting on 06 graphics pack. :sad:

Unless I'm blind, where is the newspost about buyable bank space?

Woo... Hunter update I proabably won't use.

Span nerf? Glad I got 80rc when I did. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I suppose I find consolation in the fact that the only people that probably need to buy these extra bank spaces are those that have wasted their money on spins already and got loads of cosmetic crap.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Let down.

19k xp and 703 points

703 points = 703 xp...

Last time I do that d&d

Isn't the main selling point (ignoring the 19k xp you already got) that you get a private hunter spot with 1 ticket/point per capture. Seeing as these private spots are apparently pawya, grenwall and a higher xp polar kebbit lets assume grenwalls at 1,100 xp a catch. At 1 ticket per catch in the private hunter spot that'd be 773,300xp without interference from bots other players etc.

Sounds pretty decent to me...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So in my tests of about 30 nodes the length of time a node will last once it has started being siphoned is 1:24, which just so happens to be 140 ticks. From this I think the best idea is to find the biggest island possible and stay there. Also esswraiths are absolutely terrible now.

The main problem with this update is that it takes to long to travel between platforms. If someone else starts a node and you can't get there within ~10 seconds its a waste to move.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items