The Big Chinchompa & Boost Your Bank! (28th of August)

Pirkka

Let down.

19k xp and 703 points

703 points = 703 xp...

Last time I do that d&d

Isn't the main selling point (ignoring the 19k xp you already got) that you get a private hunter spot with 1 ticket/point per capture. Seeing as these private spots are apparently pawya, grenwall and a higher xp polar kebbit lets assume grenwalls at 1,100 xp a catch. At 1 ticket per catch in the private hunter spot that'd be 773,300xp without interference from bots other players etc.

Sounds pretty decent to me...

Grenwall and pawya are separated on the grounds

Also, there are no bots in those spots anyways (at least the spots I have seen)

The only thing this may be slightly useful for are red chins; but if you ask me this seems like Jagex's way to keep bots here

Sugar_Nana.png

Okay so maybe the exp per moth is the same for everyone here are the exps:

Red: 15

Orange: 50

Yellow: 150

Green: 250

Blue: 300

Purple: 320

Gray: 400

Black: 500

The Polar Kebbit hunter area tickets cost 15 each, you can box trap them and they give 253 exp each, not really worth it.

Once you box one and get it, 1 ticket is removed from your tickets.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Completionist capes require 1'110 points to be gained in one round to be equipped.

Doesn't seem like this D&D will take off and become realy popular in the current state.

The DnD isn't too bad. Hopping into instanced worlds and DCing wasn't too bad, less so than expected. So a short rundown:-

- Universal' timer (hourly) for the games which are 20 minutes long. From what I can tell, the catchable butterflies seem to be instanced, but I'm sure someone will correct me on that should it be wrong (this is the internet after all)

- The XP isn't too bad. Managed to get 42k in 2 games, so roughly 63k/hour. Clearly not game breaking (not even close) but it's a nice change up. The tickets you get get you 1 catch in the instanced hunting areas

Hitting the 1111 point buffer for comp wasn't too hard, took roughly 15 minutes of the 20 on the second game. .

You can only play the DnD twice a day (like flingers), so there's that. Do I like that it gives the reward of instanced hunter? Yes and no. I would much prefer if the bots would just [bleep] off, but if this is a stop gap in the mean time for people who want to hunt grenwall/etc without bots around, then why not.

tldr Average update. Outside the comp requirement, I really see it being dead content but that's me.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Oh.my.god buyable bank space... Does this mean no more adding free spaces every once in a while? Release hundreds of stuff that can't be stored in poh, forcing people to buy more space, laugh maniacally, roll self in pile of money, I wonder if they're evil enough to come up with something like that.

2480+ total

I haven't played the game yet but it sounds fun to me =D. I calculated that I need an average of 30k exp a day to get 90 hunter (from 80) before x-mas. My goal really to get 90 base =3.

It wont be dead-content to me for a while and maybe I get to like hunter again in the private spots. Just need to figure if it works.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

23ljldz.png

#-o Couldn't they just say "Daily activities reset in X hours" instead?

That reminds me of a post I saw on the RSOF today. Made my day.

The Wheel is our friend.

It calls to us.

It beckons us.

For all we do serves to play with the Wheel.

Kill things to play with the Wheel.

Skill things and play with the Wheel.

Complete a quest and play with the Wheel.

Feed it money and you will get to play some more.

But we cannot speak ill of the Wheel.

For the Wheel is our friend.

And if we cannot speak well of the Wheel then we are not it's friend.

If we are not a friend of the Wheel, then we do not belong....

I have some video ideas ready. :P

23ljldz.png

At least it filters out when you have the Game tab filtered.

lies

I live on filtered and I get this message.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

23ljldz.png

At least it filters out when you have the Game tab filtered.

lies

I live on filtered and I get this message.

This really begs the question, though - why do you need to be reminded about when you're going to get your spins?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

This really begs the question, though - why do you need to be reminded about when you're going to get your spins?

My conspiracy theory (that I don't really believe):

Most people have game set to filter. Every time you log on, that message flashes briefly. It sticks in your subconscious, becoming part of their campaign to keep the SOF in the forefront of player's minds in order to promote it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Let down.

19k xp and 703 points

703 points = 703 xp...

Last time I do that d&d

Isn't the main selling point (ignoring the 19k xp you already got) that you get a private hunter spot with 1 ticket/point per capture. Seeing as these private spots are apparently pawya, grenwall and a higher xp polar kebbit lets assume grenwalls at 1,100 xp a catch. At 1 ticket per catch in the private hunter spot that'd be 773,300xp without interference from bots other players etc.

Sounds pretty decent to me...

Major flaw in calculation. One ticked for a grenwall is more then one point.. (12?, don't recall all in detail)

Vmser.png

My conspiracy theory (that I don't really believe):

Most people have game set to filter. Every time you log on, that message flashes briefly. It sticks in your subconscious, becoming part of their campaign to keep the SOF in the forefront of player's minds in order to promote it.

Lol. I think you're right. That was the first thing I saw flashing when I logged in. :mad:.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Should I buy the chins tickets =d? They aren't bad exp overall and I can use the incentive to do it casually.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I can see the bank space update be useful in F2P. Although my bank isn't as crammed as it used to be after they increase the number of slots we get, the 50 free bank spaces still increases my bank space by more than 50%. Still not going to buy it.

To be quite honest, I'm kind of pissed off at how many loopholes Jagex is finding with their promises. Yes, they haven't broken their promise that Solomon's Store will sell in-game advantages, however this is pushing it.

As for the Hunter update, I find it to be a nice bonus. 200+ red chins caught per day without bots messing with you (assuming 700 points/D&D) is alright.

22031_s.gif

Paying for banks pace is kinda pushing it. Thankfully, we can buy it through loyalty points soon, if things go according to plan.

Hunter D&D is okay. Not super-fun, but definitely more tolerable than training hunter normally. A few dozen K xp per day for ~30 minutes of work is fine by me. The new song is pretty good, and the plutonic chinchompa makes the most adorable noises while it sleeps.

"X hours until daily Steal of Fortune spins" message should f**k off. Permanently.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000