The Big Chinchompa & Boost Your Bank! (28th of August)

Pirkka

Sure they might allow you to buy bank space with loyalty points, but it will probably cost like 100k points or something outrageous.

Exactly. I was thinking something more realistic though, say 30-50k. They may say they are doing it for their "Loyal Players", but this is IVPex we're talking about.

Got 1425 points in a round so have my cape back.

Like the above poster, I found out the private spots aren't as private as they were advertized to be. It may be a bug though. Right now, it's just a different hunter spot for the creatures which also requires tickets for you to hunt at.

So, I thought the new hunter areas were instanced without any other interaction from other players unless invited.

No, you misread the news post. They were private as in limited access separated from the rest of RuneScape. You CAN invite other players, but that doesn't mean that's the only way people can reach those areas.

hzvjpwS.gif

So, I thought the new hunter areas were instanced without any other interaction from other players unless invited.

No, you misread the news post. They were private as in limited access separated from the rest of RuneScape. You CAN invite other players, but that doesn't mean that's the only way people can reach those areas.

Ahhh ok, then I completely misunderstood the whole concept of this hunter update, I thought it was a personalized hunting area only accessible by yourself and those you invite. To me it seems to kind of defeat the purpose of a private hunting area if you'd still have to compete for resources with other players. Thank you for clearing that up for me though.

"And with the first round rapture draft pick, God selects...... Macho Man Randy Savage ohhhh yeaaah brother!"

Is it me or am I the only person that's kinda dissapointed in the d&d aspect of this update?

Unless I'm missing something, all you do is run around in circles spam clicking on the moths and trees. Compared to fish flingers (their most recent d&d, even if it was an update), it seems boringly simple.

Hopefully the d&d and polar kebbits can plug the annoyingly difficult section of the skill from 70-80 that seems to exist anyway

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Paying for banks pace is kinda pushing it. Thankfully, we can buy it through loyalty points soon, if things go according to plan.

Do tell, I must have missed this.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but in any case, here it is from the news post:

What’s more, in consideration of our most loyal adventurers, in the coming weeks the bank booster will also be available not only from my boutique, but also from the Loyalty Shop.

hzvjpwS.gif

Paying for banks pace is kinda pushing it. Thankfully, we can buy it through loyalty points soon, if things go according to plan.

Do tell, I must have missed this.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but in any case, here it is from the news post:

What’s more, in consideration of our most loyal adventurers, in the coming weeks the bank booster will also be available not only from my boutique, but also from the Loyalty Shop.

Whats annoying is when I read the newspost, I saw it as "for the coming weeks, players will be able to purchase the Bank Boosters from our Loyalty Shop."

Probably expensive addtitions to the loyalty shop though whenever they decide to release it.

Is it me or am I the only person that's kinda dissapointed in the d&d aspect of this update?

Unless I'm missing something, all you do is run around in circles spam clicking on the moths and trees. Compared to fish flingers (their most recent d&d, even if it was an update), it seems boringly simple.

Hopefully the d&d and polar kebbits can plug the annoyingly difficult section of the skill from 70-80 that seems to exist anyway

Draconic jadinkos have a pretty bad catch rate at level 80...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Draconic jadinkos have a pretty bad catch rate at level 80...

iirc iggy/carrion are a good combo from around 80, but yeah perhaps the gap is more like 70-85.. I'd love for this update to fix all that, but it doesnt really look like its enough

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I can see the bank space update be useful in F2P. Although my bank isn't as crammed as it used to be after they increase the number of slots we get, the 50 free bank spaces still increases my bank space by more than 50%. Still not going to buy it.

To be quite honest, I'm kind of pissed off at how many loopholes Jagex is finding with their promises. Yes, they haven't broken their promise that Solomon's Store will sell in-game advantages, however this is pushing it.

As for the Hunter update, I find it to be a nice bonus. 200+ red chins caught per day without bots messing with you (assuming 700 points/D&D) is alright.

About what you say about the bank space update: Exactly my thought as well. They're really pushing this (too) far now. I bet that we before New Year's Eve will have seen them pushed this even further.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I can see the bank space update be useful in F2P. Although my bank isn't as crammed as it used to be after they increase the number of slots we get, the 50 free bank spaces still increases my bank space by more than 50%. Still not going to buy it.

It's not F2P if you have to pay for it.

• Like 2

It's not F2P if you have to pay for it.

Non-members is still free to play...so...yes it is.

I get what you're driving at but you're saying the wrong things to get that point across.

hzvjpwS.gif

They should just start selling useful things and get it over with.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Did the british guys stop using summer time or is the squeel timer off 1 hour?

nvm, turns out it rounds down. 59 minutes counts as 0 lol.

Edited by Kaur

No, the daily reset for d&d's etc (and penguins etc when the week rolls around) has always run on GMT.

During BST the daily resets happen at 1am for the Uk opposed to midnight.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No, the daily reset for d&d's etc (and penguins etc when the week rolls around) has always run on GMT.

During BST the daily resets happen at 1am for the Uk opposed to midnight.

It was 1 hour off from 1am bst.

gamblingrs.png

Pretty sure this is new. It seems that Jagex is committing great effort to get people addicted to gambling.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

If Runespan has truly been nerfed for the worse, WTF Jagex? It had been out for months now, did it really take them this long to make up their mind? I hate when they do this bullshit. They essentially let thousands of people get 99 RC, and NOW they decided that it was too much? In RS there has been always been a sense that because of Jagex's laziness, the early bird wins; I was anticipating a nerf for a long time, so I got 92 but I was bored so I was like I will do it later, surely they won't nerf it now. But of course they did it. This sense of rush that's always there, "better exploit Jagex's short-sightedness now because they nerf it 5 months laters!", I absolutely hate it.

Edit: I am so furious right now, [bleep] Jagex and [bleep] their laziness and inept ways.

If Runespan has truly been nerfed for the worse, WTF Jagex? It had been out for months now, did it really take them this long to make up their mind? I hate when they do this bullshit. They essentially let thousands of people get 99 RC, and NOW they decided that it was too much? In RS there has been always been a sense that because of Jagex's laziness, the early bird wins; I was anticipating a nerf for a long time, so I got 92 but I was bored so I was like I will do it later, surely they won't nerf it now. But of course they did it. This sense of rush that's always there, "better exploit Jagex's short-sightedness now because they nerf it 5 months laters!", I absolutely hate it.

Edit: I am so furious right now, [bleep] Jagex and [bleep] their laziness and inept ways.

They're preparing for "Bonus XP Weekends in a Bottle." Yours for only $9.99! Oh, and in next week's "In Other News...", prepare for something like:

"Pyramid Plunder and Monkey Knife fighters have had their experience rates readjusted to promote more variety in thieving training."

Or, perhaps something more drastic for "Sizzling Summer:"

"After careful analysis, we have determined that players gain experience too quickly in some skills but too slowly in others. We have adjusted the rates across the game to bring each skill in line with a constant experience rate." (little do they say that the readjustment was made to bring them in line with...agility!)

[spoiler=/s]

*applause*

Thank you, thank you! I'll be back tomorrow night! Don't forget to get some souvenirs on the way out!

ozXHe7P.png