Mod MMG on RuneScape Micro-Payments

Veiva

Soooo little substance.

You mean aside from the fact that he announced no less than 5 new features to the game, 3 of which are being released in the next two months?

I guess when you look at it like that, there was no substance at all. You're right.

• Like 5

hzvjpwS.gif

Soooo little substance.

You mean aside from the fact that he announced no less than 5 new features to the game, 3 of which are being released in the next two months?

I guess when you look at it like that, there was no substance at all. You're right.

Mmm... So all I saw was the security bit, really? That counts as content? Have no idea what you mean by the other 5 pcs. The html5 is not gonna come for years, if at all.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Mmm... So all I saw was the security bit, really? That counts as content? Have no idea what you mean by the other 5 pcs. The html5 is not gonna come for years, if at all.

Announced:

- Filter updates, breaking (probably temporarily) spambots - ETA this week

- Bot breaking update larger than the original bot nuke - ETA "next few weeks"

- JAG - ETA "two weeks"

- updating the client to work with HTML5 (implementation was hazy here) - ETA unclear, prolly by year's end

- Mobile platform RS client - ETA unclear, probably by year's end though now that they have the dev team

- vague promises on further tech updates as well as content updates - ETA throughout the rest of the year

Dunno how that's a lack of substance in your world. I'm not saying there wasn't a lot of bullshit in there, but you must've misread to not think that it offered a lot of information, too.

hzvjpwS.gif

At this point, any comments on RWT are just going to be counted as damage control by the general populace (and too little, too late, I might add).

The other stuff:

Jagex Account Guardian - Looks useful if it doesn't involve an insane number of procedures to activate.

HTML5: If it improves performance, then I'm all for it.

Future Tech: Don't own any of the devices mentioned, so I suppose I can't comment. It does look interesting, though.

New nuke: Business as usual, but doesn't it seem really silly for them to announce "OH WE'RE GONNA BREAK YOUR BOTS" every time they decide on doing so?

Announced:

- Filter updates, breaking (probably temporarily) spambots - ETA this week

- Bot breaking update larger than the original bot nuke - ETA "next few weeks"

- JAG - ETA "two weeks"

- updating the client to work with HTML5 (implementation was hazy here) - ETA unclear, prolly by year's end

- Mobile platform RS client - ETA unclear, probably by year's end though now that they have the dev team

- vague promises on further tech updates as well as content updates - ETA throughout the rest of the year

Dunno how that's a lack of substance in your world. I'm not saying there wasn't a lot of bullshit in there too, but you must've misread to not think that it offered a lot of information, too.

Well, counting number of negative adjectives you used - probably x2, hazy x1, vague x1, unclear x1....yup. Sounds like a lot of empty promises to me. And I have learned many years ago to not believe any Jagex ETA's.

• Like 1

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Hackers gonna get whacked by the JAG.

HOLY SHIT THAT DRAW DISTANCE IS BEAUTIFUL!! I always wanted to see more of the game at once. I always felt Runescape's camera was too zoomed in. But that screenshot just blew away my expectations!!

You'll probably know this already, but settings allows to zoom out on character and reveal more of the environment.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Easily three of those things will be seen in the next two months, accounting for last minute delays. What exactly keeps you caring about this game if you don't get excited for a bot nuke, or security changes? God damn.

hzvjpwS.gif

I like how this anti-bot system is going to come out within the "new few weeks". Pretty sure they've been saying the same thing for the past 4 months.

They said that with Optimus but apparently that was never supposed to be a bot breaking update. They weren't clear on that, and community desperation twisted that information kind of like how the kid's game Whisper Down the Lane twists the original meaning of a phrase.

TBH I agree with you, it's probably going to be delayed until at least late October, to (WARNING, THIS IS ONLY AN ASSUMPTION) fill the gap made when they eventually delay the EoC release.

hzvjpwS.gif

is it just me or does the java picture look better then the html5?

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

I cant say I believe in what I read and know imo that we will be able buy xp and useful abilities.

Oh wait.. We already can? Maybe thats why I dont believe what I read. o_0

He didnt go far enough. Just pretending they havnt done these things and saying they wont do the next extreme step isnt admitting to fact they already doing these things. Unless he takes that extra step to explain to the community that he understands this. He can pretty much get lost, as its just a mixture of PR, damage control, lies, etc.

That and fact they said they wouldnt do these things, which even their own rules worked against them so they had to change them, and did them anyway. I dont believe you and not admitting the full truth doesnt make me believe you either. Gotta go all the way or its meaningless. He is admitting half the truth. Why the hell should anyone listen to a known lier who only tells half truths. Its not even on an emotional level.. Its just common sense not to believe such a person.

I probably would have a completely different opinion of this whole situation if they just were upfront, stopped lying, hiding stuff.. If they just told us what was happening without this nonsense. I would probably think.. Ok.. Yeah.. Bot nuke has hit them hard financially.. They been truthful and upfront.. I trust them that they wont sell xp and such.. I will trust them. BUT NOPE. They seem just be chucking flammable liquid on everything, setting it alight, all the while laughing and dancing around as the community get royally peed off.

• Like 3

What I was hoping for, that wasn't here, was an awknowledgement that IVP are the ones that pushed them into this. I want it not so that everyone can rage at them, but because I want more reassurance that Jagex has a stick big enough to beat them off the selling xp and money directly tree (I'd much rather be stuck with the SoF roundabout method). I want something to guage how long we have, and how much control they still have. When this sort of thing isn't touched on I get nervous, because there is no reason to hide good news.

That said, I still think MMG is probably teh best person we could have running the game after Andrew and Paul, because he does seem to actually care. If he didn't care, the game would be in ruins already, so in this regard I do think his actions are speaking for him.

Seems to me if they put this on consoles they are going to have to implement their in game talking program after all, or else the consoles wont be able to talk (even quickchat would be a nightmare for them).

And I agree that you know things are bad when the CEO has to keep making these kinds of posts. Maybe we can get down to twice a year :lol:

Uhh.. can anyone explain this girl here what HTML5 is =d? In as simple as you could >.>. The best would probably in dutch =3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

What I was hoping for, that wasn't here, was an awknowledgement that IVP are the ones that pushed them into this. I want it not so that everyone can rage at them, but because I want more reassurance that Jagex has a stick big enough to beat them off the selling xp and money directly tree (I'd much rather be stuck with the SoF roundabout method). I want something to guage how long we have, and how much control they still have. When this sort of thing isn't touched on I get nervous, because there is no reason to hide good news.

That said, I still think MMG is probably teh best person we could have running the game after Andrew and Paul, because he does seem to actually care. If he didn't care, the game would be in ruins already, so in this regard I do think his actions are speaking for him.

Seems to me if they put this on consoles they are going to have to implement their in game talking program after all, or else the consoles wont be able to talk (even quickchat would be a nightmare for them).

And I agree that you know things are bad when the CEO has to keep making these kinds of posts. Maybe we can get down to twice a year :lol:

If he or any Jagex employee values their job security, I doubt they'd speak out against the company that basically owns them.

Uhh.. can anyone explain this girl here what HTML5 is =d? In as simple as you could >.>. The best would probably in dutch =3

Okay I'm no real computer expert here, so I can't guarantee what I'll say is 100% correct, but in simple terms:

HTML is the language/one language used to code websites. Most "standard" at websites (as in those with just simple text and pictures etc.) will be HTML. For a while, for stuff like videos or games, you would have to use plugins(extra programs running in your browser) like Java or Flashplayer. With HTML5, the language has become better and now is capable of running videos (And as it seems, games too) without needing extra plugins.

• Like 1

Not sure what's taking them so long to move to other platforms. All bluray players, and most U.S. cable boxes have an MHP/OCAP stack in them, which means they run Java.

Technology is already there, they just need to utilize it...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

At a time like this, I'm glad I'm still a noob when it comes to Runescape. Having played for just over a year, I haven't yet grown the thick, cynical outer shell that results in players calling "BS" each time an official Mod post is made. Getting rid of the majority of the bots would be excellent. The SoF and Solomon's Store are, frankly, annoying and out of context with the rest of the experience (especially the SoF), but I understand why they're part of the game. I'm still having a lot of fun playing, and when that stops, I'll move on to something else instead of strolling down the street sounding the death knell and wishing misfortune on the company.

• Like 5

alot promises but yet to see if anything will be done....

in past 1 year cpu requirements to run that game been increasing alot...i tested recently with core 2 duo 4300 with basic 3d card it was so sluggish even with min detail...year ago same machine ran smooth full details in full screen...it makes me think that if they increase viewing distance + add those new bot preventing things etc, i may have to upgrade my 1 year old pc

as we all know that jagex can change their mind about anything in very short time, i only believe when i see.

its odd how rs was doing well 11 full years without rwt updates + they was able to add new content with same or even better speed as now but in past 6 months we get spammed with all type rwt updates and this is probably just start as interval of those starting to get shorter and how desperately they try to make ppl stay members.

alot of recent developing been done to get that rwt stuff made...being member starting to feel soon as being f2p when i cannot anymore get most stuff without paying extra....being f2p is getting more like carbage with 1 spin daily mostly hitting member rewards while members get 4 spins.

At a time like this, I'm glad I'm still a noob when it comes to Runescape. Having played for just over a year, I haven't yet grown the thick, cynical outer shell that results in players calling "BS" each time an official Mod post is made. Getting rid of the majority of the bots would be excellent. The SoF and Solomon's Store are, frankly, annoying and out of context with the rest of the experience (especially the SoF), but I understand why they're part of the game. I'm still having a lot of fun playing, and when that stops, I'll move on to something else instead of strolling down the street sounding the death knell and wishing misfortune on the company.

Precisely my thoughts as well. If you're not happy with the game, then leave and let those who actually enjoy the game play it.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

If they actually stick to this then I have a lot of hope for the future of the game. Unfortunately due to the past year's track record I'll believe it when I see it.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

If the Account Guardian is any form of two-step verification then I'll be a very happy bunny :D The (perhaps difficult to trust) promises of their stance on microtransactions is just a nice plus

ALSO THAT DRAW DISTANCE :D Looks ver nice

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!