Promissory Note & Choose Your Fate rewards

n64jive

I have been using my May Necklace recently doing dailies as that's the only thing I get exp from these days. Still wasn't used up. :/

Thanks for warning us Jagex, thanks a lot.

Hmm, I still haven't received my note. Are they still distributing them? My membership has been constant since December 2005, so I'm sure that's not the issue.

Nevermind, just logged in and received it.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Mmm I lost alot of charge on my mad necklace too as I hadnt finished with it yet.

Just something to think about - If they dont mention much on it then it might be worth while spending the 200 solomons store points too. As we already know they will expire.. (Been talked about.) Now it seems they wont even bother to warn us when. I ganna wait a bit to see if they comment on the mad necklace simply being a bug or something.

..I did prefer the idea of items that gave xp rather than this instant xp reward thing. However if it has some magical unknown expiry date.. Eh instant xp probably easier for me anyway. I dont want to have to change my gameplay just for some stupid 'been subbed for a month' get this xp to be used up by some deadline.

I'm 100% sure they said there was a cut off point on the mad may necklace, when they released them in-game. Will try find the quote about it if I get around to it.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I'm 100% sure they said there was a cut off point on the mad may necklace, when they released them in-game. Will try find the quote about it if I get around to it.

I vaguely recall one line enar the bottom of a news post saying "end of summer", but even if that is true it wasn't very foregrounded given how many people fail at news reading and would've left long before that last little line.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I vaguely recall one line enar the bottom of a news post saying "end of summer", but even if that is true it wasn't very foregrounded given how many people fail at news reading and would've left long before that last little line.

Well technically Autumn started 1st september, so there is your expiry date :P

What in the world is meteorological Summer? There are two kinds of seasons - meteorological and astronomical. Meteorologists keep it simple. Meteorological Summer begins June 1st and ends August 31st. Not too surprisingly, September, October, and November are "meteorological fall", December through February are meteorological winter, and March through May are "meteorological spring".

So why the difference? It's basically for record-keeping purposes and keeps things simple.

By the way, if you're looking at the calendar the last day of astronomical Summer is September 23.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Summer hasnt ended yet. Its not autumn.

Depends on what measure you take, using the standard 3 month per season calendaring Northern Hemisphere summer ended as soon as it turned to 1st Sept.

edit: Ninja'd with more detail too.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mad May necklace losing it's charge wasn't a glitch. A month or so after it's release, there was an annoying popup message ingame reminding people to visit Diango to get it, and in that message it said it will expire on the 31st August.

It seems they did a double take on that though, and changed their minds since I believe that message was only shown to people who didn't collect their necklaces straight away.

Knowing that, I used my necklace on the 30th August, just got str exp but still helpful enough.

As for the note, I used it to get 70+ all skills (excluding prayer/summ which I intentionally don't train) by getting a level in hunter and mining and then a few in slayer, so I liked it.

Ok so the mad may charges did return? I'm on my phone and won't be able to get to a computer for awhile.

Yep. Jagex posted about it as well.

Hey all,

I've just re-enabled the Mad May Necklace. The original plan was to have it expire today, but we appear to have forgotten to warn anyone about it!

There will be more communication about when it will permanently expire soon.

Mod Easty

Ok so the mad may charges did return? I'm on my phone and won't be able to get to a computer for awhile.

Hey all,

I've just re-enabled the Mad May Necklace. The original plan was to have it expire today, but we appear to have forgotten to warn anyone about it!

Mod Easty

I suspect those of us who vaguely recalled a mention about end of summer were right then, the issue being they never made that deadline clear and certainly never defined when this deadline was exactly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hey all,

Mod Easty

I suspect those of us who vaguely recalled a mention about end of summer were right then, the issue being they never made that deadline clear and certainly never defined when this deadline was exactly.

Why the hell is anyone still saving the necklace anyway? What are they waiting for?

Why the hell is anyone still saving the necklace anyway? What are they waiting for?

As a professional procrastonator, I can explain why people would put off the Mad May necklace to the point where it expires.

But you don't want to explain why right now, right? :P

• Like 1

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Next -> Buyable xp at Solomon's store! :XD: This whole free 350K xp is bs.

Isn't that basically what the SoF does?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

As a professional procrastonator, I can explain why people would put off the Mad May necklace to the point where it expires.

But you don't want to explain why right now, right? :P

Stop pestering me, I'll do it later.

• Like 3

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png