Promissory Note & Choose Your Fate rewards

n64jive

I used the necklace on summoning and agility yesterday. So yeah, Jagex may deplete 'em now.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I missed out on August, but I'll stay subscribed through-out September to get my 350K XP lamp. Gonna use some of it on summoning :D I know micro-transactions are terrible, but damn it, my need for XP trumps my outrage :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question (otherwise I don't think it will be noticed). Can you use the lowest leveled XP lamp on a skill below level 30? As per the above, I'm hoping to obtain 52 Summ thru bypassing the level reqs this way.

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question (otherwise I don't think it will be noticed). Can you use the lowest leveled XP lamp on a skill below level 30? As per the above, I'm hoping to obtain 52 Summ thru bypassing the level reqs this way.

You sure can. You just apply a series of low-level lamps to a skill until it reaches the threshold for the next-highest-leveled lamp.

Yup, i posted this picture on the front page, leveling to 30 implies I was 29 at the time of using the lamp. :)

http://puu.sh/10H70

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

Thanks to both of the above users! :) I'm waiting to receive my 350K xp lamp at the end of September, as I didn't subscribe early enough to receive the other reward. I think it'll work the same way, so that's a relief. :P

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yay, gonna get level 94 summoning because of this!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

This item, when equipped, will instantly kill an enemy that is hit with it. The item will be consumed in the process and does not work on players, nor in PvP areas. You will not receive any XP for killing enemies in this way.

Note that the Instakill dart has some exceptions:

Does not work on Lucien during Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

Cannot be used in Dungeoneering.

Most enemies with multiple forms will die straight away, skipping any dialogue options and cut scenes that may have occurred between the form changes.

When using the Instakill dart it is advised that:

You turn off auto-retaliate.

You do not use it where multiple players are attacking the same creature and only one person gets the loot - using an Instakill dart does not guarantee that you receive the drop.

From the Wiki. Interestingly no mention of Jad, Nomad, Pest Queen etc, but a specific mention of Lucien lol.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Judging by the wiki the dart does work on Jad wooooooot

Wiki only says dart won't work in:

PvP areas.

Lucien in RotM

DG

Edit: Ninja'd but still woooot

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

After reading the fates I'm thinking the instakill one for one of the quest bosses I have left. Would it best be used on hardest boss from RotM(edit apparently cant use on Lucien), Do No Evil, or Branches of Darkmeyer? Or maybe I'll just use it on Jad since I always mess up with the healers.

Hameigh.png

I'm deffo getting 3 darts to get 3 firecapes FINALLY. Dunno what to do with 4th item though.

Tempted to get a 4th dart and try to use it on Kiln boss or perhaps QBD. Kiln boss would certainly be a more productive use, but people say Kiln is easier than Caves (once you know what ur doing with safe spots etc.) and it does sort of feel like I'd be cheating myself to not even TRY kiln properly once.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Turns out the darts are limited by the damage cap on monsters. Max is 1k on corp and QBD, 500 on Nex, etc. Sadface.

Considering the wiki comment about multi-form monsters that sounds like a bug to me. (Eg some dev forgot to code the darts to have an exception to the blanket rule of you cannot hit over x on this monster.)

Yeah Mod Raven posted here:

[qfc]15-16-627-64021832[/qfc]

Apprently there should be no cap

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Oh also

[qfc]15-16-196-6402176[/qfc]

Emilee confirmed it should 1 hit Nex (A HLF thread I believe, I can't view it myself)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Oh also

[qfc]15-16-196-6402176[/qfc]

Emilee confirmed it should 1 hit Nex (A HLF thread I believe, I can't view it myself)

Thread was not found; the thread does not exist (perhaps it is no longer on the forums).

:(

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

So. I know most bosses are luck based. If you're looking for wealth. What do you think the best boss to kill is? I'm assuming just Nex? Or maybe there is a resource that could largely benefit with a bank desposit box for 60 mins?

Edit: Changed box to 60mins. Thought it only lasted 5 lol

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

So. I know most bosses are luck based. If you're looking for wealth. What do you think the best boss to kill is? I'm assuming just Nex? Or maybe there is a recourse that could largely benefit a bank desposit box for 5 mins?

Well, I read somewhere on RSOF that there is a glitch making it able to use the dart in PvP. Go figure what the best moneymaker is. I cannot confirm this glitch though.

Serious: Nex is the best option.

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

This item, when equipped, will instantly kill an enemy that is hit with it. The item will be consumed in the process and does not work on players, nor in PvP areas. You will not receive any XP for killing enemies in this way.

Most enemies with multiple forms will die straight away, skipping any dialogue options and cut scenes that may have occurred between the form changes.

You do not use it where multiple players are attacking the same creature and only one person gets the loot - using an Instakill dart does not guarantee that you receive the drop.

From the Wiki. Interestingly no mention of Jad, Nomad, Pest Queen etc, but a specific mention of Lucien lol.

Well you're not supposed to be able to kill Lucien yourself, that's why. You are supposed to kill Nomad, Jad etc. yourself, though I am thoroughly disappointed that the darts work on those - If you cannot kill them normally, you shouldn't get the reward, and that's coming from one who so far has not been able to kill Jad.

• Like 1

The darts work on QBD too, kills all stages with one dart and the beacons are hit too so its zero-risk. You can still get journals from the chest afterwards (i'd have thought that'd be disabled from it)

onehitqbd.png

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Yes it's free XP, but it seems players on this forum (and I think RSOF for the most part) like the style that require you to have to level a skill to get the bonus XP. That was why the skill pendants were accepted without much complaint in SoF while the XP lamps were getting reviled.

I'll put it like this: You have two sets of rich parents. One mother gives her daughter $300 each month (basically $10/day) in allowance. The other mother tells her daughter if she gets a job, she'll match her paycheck up to $300 each month. I've not taken any polls but my gut tells me the second daughter will care more about the money she receives even though technically it was a as free as the first daughter.

I know Jagex isn't reading this, but they had the right idea with Mad May necklaces, Hati Gloves and Skill pendants. I know people are saving up pendants in hopes of using them later.

I'd offer this humble suggestion even: Let players use prized pendants as XP storage devices from lamps and other pendants. If you use a lamp or skill book on a prized pendant, it stores 1.5 time the xp you would have gotten immediately. Specific skill lamps must be used on the same type of prized pendant. If you use a pendant or prized pendant on a same type prized pendant, the xp is just transferred.

Now, players that are willing to hold off on immediate gratification get a larger reward. In addition, it helps players that are storing pendants to save on bank space in the long term. The question then is: Does Jagex offer an in game way to access these prized pendants or just keep them on the SoF? My gut says they could sell these with loyalty points, making them permanent and the xp stored is not lost even if the pendant gets lost.

Sorry for going off tangent. Just had the idea hit me.

I actually like this idea and agree with the thought process that a players who save and plan rather than immediately gain their reward will be able to get a larger reward, since pendants work like a large exp lamp. It might seem unfair because they can skip what would arguably be longer skilling but it promotes efficiency. Levels under 65 or even 70 aren't hard to earn. It's at the level at 70, 80, and 90 that makes it a grind. Saving now to use then is a better idea because it rewards you for the work you've done prior to. and saves you money. I myself am saving my pendant because I know I can get more use for them come time I get base 80 stats than now. It make prefect since for a player to save the pendant until 80 prayer and frost dragon bones because those bones offer the highest exp and saving until 80 offers more than at 60 or 70. So I like this idea. However, with this idea I do see an incentive problem. Most player compete against others and want that terrorbird first even if in the long run they'll get a pack yak or even unicorn faster with saving. Most -players may not see the benefit of saving charms for the long run or just using pengiun points to get levels even to save them money. Players aren't patient.

Well you're not supposed to be able to kill Lucien yourself, that's why. You are supposed to kill Nomad, Jad etc. yourself, though I am thoroughly disappointed that the darts work on those - If you cannot kill them normally, you shouldn't get the reward, and that's coming from one who so far has not been able to kill Jad.

I have yet to kill Jad myself, but after 4 times trying I definiately see myself killing Jad without the dart. The problem; however, is and incentive problem. If both me and you get the same reward and I use the instakill dart on Jad, what incentive do you have to not use it? So yeah, it's gonna be abused. But then I have to ask if not on Jad, Nomad and the likes, then who do we use the dart on? A goblin? Or is Kree'erre a better idea? Kree'erre is a bad idea for the reason stated in Saradomin Mage's post. It's hard to determine proper use if we can't use it on boss and monster like Jad or Nomad.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]