01 Sept, 2012 - Behind the Scenes September

BloodAngel

What I don't understand about the Botting Isle is how they'll get the bot (or cheating player) to stay logged in. What if the owner comes back and sees that his bot's being pelted by angry players with rotten tomatoes? Wouldn't he just log out? tongue.png Sounds hilarious, though. I'd want to see it biggrin.png

Well seeing as bots can't talk, maybe Jagex don't actually send the real bot to the island, insta-ban them and then put an instanced clone onto the island for 'x' amount of minutes or as long as 'judgement' take aka 'banning' the instanced npc.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

What I don't understand about the Botting Isle is how they'll get the bot (or cheating player) to stay logged in. What if the owner comes back and sees that his bot's being pelted by angry players with rotten tomatoes? Wouldn't he just log out? tongue.png Sounds hilarious, though. I'd want to see it biggrin.png

Well seeing as bots can't talk, maybe Jagex don't actually send the real bot to the island, insta-ban them and then put an instanced clone onto the island for 'x' amount of minutes or as long as 'judgement' take aka 'banning' the instanced npc.

Or, most probably, the account will stay trapped on the island whether logged in or not with the conclusion of their trial (presumably after a day or so) they'd be banned.

Or perhaps they won't be banned as such, but will be permanently trapped on the island if they log in.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Missed chance to bring back the Black Hole. :/

Update looks good, but what the hell have they done to Nex?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Either of those scenarios is probable, I think. Though I'm leaning toward the second, since Jagex mentioned the players choose the actual punishment.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Either of those scenarios is probable, I think. Though I'm leaning toward the second, since Jagex mentioned the players choose the actual punishment.

It sounds that the 'punishment' is an ingame animation, jagex will ultimately ban the bot regardless

You'll then be invited to choose one of three game-ending punishments for the offender, resulting in a brutal set of animations and a permanent ban

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

It sounds that the 'punishment' is an ingame animation, jagex will ultimately ban the bot regardless

You'll then be invited to choose one of three game-ending punishments for the offender, resulting in a brutal set of animations and a permanent ban

Good point. In that case, it's probably the former. I suppose the "ban" is animated too :P Maybe he gets sucked into a black hole.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

A very interesting BTS. Especially the 'Botany Bay'.

Sounds like a tribunal,

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I fully expect a ban hammer animation option, as for the others maybe being sucked into a blackhole of sorts and Mr Mordaut appears and burns them to cinders? this animation has happened prior in some cutscenes during quests, possibly tail of two cats if I recall correctly.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Invest, invest..? Could be a chance worth taking. :o

I like this month. Nothing bad to say about it. Hope their botnuke will have similar effects as the previous one, but with more longer term effects. I guess I sound a bit naive, but one can always hope.. :)

u5zhkTY.gif

I would rather have GWD be instanced with lower drop chance than to have high drop chance without instanced worlds. They really need to instance the bosses for tiers of players. It is really horrible to see high lvl players abuse an area. Instancing them and lowering drop rate of massive items (while increasing value of the lower level drops so that avg drop value stays the same) would be much more appreciated. This would reduce the slow decrease in price of the items, while allowing more people to have a chance at the boss. Maybe even make instances at high levels disappear, so if you reach max combat with overloads and so on, you all go into one instance with the other people of that tier trying (so that the competition drives you to other places) but lower levels don't compete against each other as much..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The real problem is that gwd is played as end-game content rather than mid-game. It's quite obvious when someone can camp at bandos for over a hundred kills by themselves that the boss wasn't designed for them. Let's let the people it was originally designed for have a chance.

You are forgetting how old gwd is, five years now. When it was released, and for a good while after, it was end game content. There were no overloads, no chaotics, no nex gear, no familiars (summoning came out 3 months later, and many players had no familiars/low level familiars for awhile, obviously). Considering the best armour before bandos/arma was barrows, few had access to bandos/arma for some time as well. So for a long time, gwd was pretty difficult. It took years for people to be able to solo over a hundred kills (safe spots aside).

I do agree that at this point, gwd bosses are stupidly easy, however. And hopefully that will be changed at least slightly, as refrenced in the bts.

Yes, but it is mid level content now. Would just be nice if people who are mid level could kill the now mid level bosses. Bosses as of now are...

Giant Mole

King Black Dragon

Kalphite Queen

Tormented Demons

Glacors

Dagannoth Kings

4 Gwd generals

Corporeal Beast

Nex

Queen Black Dragon

Fight Kiln (debatable if boss or not)

Anything above Tds and Glacors you need to be maxed or near maxed in the respective stats to keep your spot/get the kill. Anything below and it's not worth killing. Tds and Glacors themselves require hard quests. I don't understand why everyone is so adverse to having a now mid level part of the game opened to mid level players.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The real problem is that gwd is played as end-game content rather than mid-game. It's quite obvious when someone can camp at bandos for over a hundred kills by themselves that the boss wasn't designed for them. Let's let the people it was originally designed for have a chance.

You are forgetting how old gwd is, five years now. When it was released, and for a good while after, it was end game content. There were no overloads, no chaotics, no nex gear, no familiars (summoning came out 3 months later, and many players had no familiars/low level familiars for awhile, obviously). Considering the best armour before bandos/arma was barrows, few had access to bandos/arma for some time as well. So for a long time, gwd was pretty difficult. It took years for people to be able to solo over a hundred kills (safe spots aside).

I do agree that at this point, gwd bosses are stupidly easy, however. And hopefully that will be changed at least slightly, as refrenced in the bts.

Yes, but it is mid level content now. Would just be nice if people who are mid level could kill the now mid level bosses. Bosses as of now are...

Giant Mole

King Black Dragon

Kalphite Queen

Tormented Demons

Glacors

Dagannoth Kings

4 Gwd generals

Corporeal Beast

Nex

Queen Black Dragon

Anything above Tds and Glacors you need to be maxed or near maxed in the respective stats to keep your spot/get the kill. Anything below and it's not worth killing. Tds and Glacors themselves require hard quests. I don't understand why everyone is so adverse to having a now mid level part of the game opened to mid level players.

It's not so much people being against previous end-game content being accessible to mid-level players, it's about devaluation.

Instancing the Gwars bosses would have such a huge impact on the prices of any item that drops there that it wouldn't be worth killing them in the first place.

Sylpheed.png

[hide]

Giant Mole

King Black Dragon

Kalphite Queen

Tormented Demons

Glacors

Dagannoth Kings

4 Gwd generals

Corporeal Beast

Nex

Queen Black Dragon

[/hide]

It's not so much people being against previous end-game content being accessible to mid-level players, it's about devaluation.

Instancing the Gwars bosses would have such a huge impact on the prices of any item that drops there that it wouldn't be worth killing them in the first place.

So.. decrease the drop rate somewhat so that the items aren't devalued? It's horrible that mid-level content is only accessible by high level players due to crashing.

It would help if the gear actually had a way to leave the game instead of just get cheaper but.. look at it this way, instancing bosses would decrease competition, and lower prices until high level players didn't find it worth going to them. Then eventually they stop going, and so lower level players would find it more worthwhile and would go. (Not perfect considering that armor can't leave the game easily)

Serena_Sedai.png

If you need to be a high level to do it, then it's high level content, not mid level. If you're a mid level and want to do high level content, then go train like the high levels did.

Except it's "high level" because it was made 5 years ago when the amount of maxed players was a fraction of what it is today, not because it's challenging. There's a difference between outdated and difficult.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I don't suppose I could say that stance is completely self-serving? Preserving a system where mid-level players are locked out of content that should be appropriate for them until they've long since outgrown it is good for the game?

It's the same with everything else in Runescape, too. Nobody wants to make the game accessible, they want to keep their achievements special. As it is you have to spend five years with the game before you can start playing it, and we're wondering why it's in decline.

It's very easy to say "If I did it, they can too" when you've had 7-10 years to get that far.

If you need to be a high level to do it, then it's high level content, not mid level. If you're a mid level and want to do high level content, then go train like the high levels did.

Except it's "high level" because it was made 5 years ago when the amount of maxed players was a fraction of what it is today, not because it's challenging. There's a difference between outdated and difficult.

How does it matter that it's not challenging? You need to be a high level to do it effectively. So just train you stats like everything else. Stop feeling entitled.

How does it matter that it's not challenging? You need to be a high level to do it effectively. So just train you stats like everything else. Stop feeling entitled.

But mid level players can do it just fine if they didn't have to out-compete high level players. That's the issue. High level players have the ability to lock mid level players out (instead of simply doing higher level content like nex etc)

• Like 2

Serena_Sedai.png

But mid level players can do it just fine if they didn't have to out-compete high level players. That's the issue. High level players have the ability to lock mid level players out (instead of simply doing higher level content like nex etc)

At the same time, high level players have every right to be there and use their maxed account to profit from it.

It's a predicament, to be sure. There's always going to be elitists who believe if you can't hold a spot you don't deserve the drops but that's just the way it is.

Instanced worlds WOULD devalue drops beyond a doubt. A better system would be to implement a select few worlds where certain bosses can only be fought at certain combat levels.

Sylpheed.png

Yeah, exactly. Mid levels can't do the stuff higher level players can do because their stats aren't good enough. The solution is to train.

What happens when you are a high level, and your training doesn't mean jack because everyone else in the room has the exact same gear and stats as you?

That's how I feel anyway...

Related, my ZGS seems to have risen 8m in street value. Neat. Time to go get some more.

2dgucz6.png

Yeah, exactly. Mid levels can't do the stuff higher level players can do because their stats aren't good enough. The solution is to train.

That's not the issue here.

Mid level players can't do the stuff that mid level players should be able to do because high levels own every spot. Training makes the problem worse - you'll soon have two maxed players per world instead of one. Take a look at Bandos GWD and tell me that it's a good, working system.