Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

05 Sept 2012 - GWD Remastered

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Polodevil
[ Display Name History ]

Polodevil

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Polodevil

Could someone do listing what drops do each bosses have now? :P Did GWD just become the best moneymaker in the game again?

Ofcourse it did, until prices die down as the gear enters the game. Once it's had a while to settle I don't think it will stay the best money maker, but we'll see. At least now there's more different drops so it means more likely to get one of them instead of nothing.

That does not have to be true. If the chance to get a 'rare' drop (hilt, armour, etc..) was for instance 0.1% before the update and still is now, you would still have 0.1% chance to receive a rare drop. Say, if you would strike that 0.1%, there is 50% chance of getting a Saradomin Sword and 50% chance of getting an Hilt. If the 0.1% has stayed the same you would now have e.g. 33% chance of getting a Sword, 33% chance of getting an Hilt and 33% of getting one of these amulets.

That way, drop rates for specific items went down and the drop rate of 'rare' items in general would stay the same.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters
Got Ward of Subjugation. Doesn't appear it'll sell for higher than guide price although I'm reluctant to try that. Weird... Well won't Spectral be its direct equivalent anyway? Spectral's becoming an effectless magic spirit shield iirc div = bandos kite in stats...

2dgucz6.png

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Ambl3r
  • RSN '07:Ambler
  • Clan:¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Spent ~2 hours at Zammy, nothing interesting happened.

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
If anything, once the initial hype dies down it'll mean the bottle necking we had at Graar will severely diminish, which is a good thing.

All the bosses now have worthwhile drops so the amount of people camping a single boss should be more evenly spread out.

Anyway, I tried Zammy as well and managed to get like 5 solo kills in 20 minutes. Unless you're going there with a large team it probably isn't worth it.

Blutters
[ Display Name History ]

Blutters

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  • RSN:Blutters
Posted Image
Posted Image
Willing to trade for ZGS at GE value + cash to balance

2dgucz6.png

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

Could someone do listing what drops do each bosses have now? :P Did GWD just become the best moneymaker in the game again?

Ofcourse it did, until prices die down as the gear enters the game. Once it's had a while to settle I don't think it will stay the best money maker, but we'll see. At least now there's more different drops so it means more likely to get one of them instead of nothing.

That does not have to be true. If the chance to get a 'rare' drop (hilt, armour, etc..) was for instance 0.1% before the update and still is now, you would still have 0.1% chance to receive a rare drop. Say, if you would strike that 0.1%, there is 50% chance of getting a Saradomin Sword and 50% chance of getting an Hilt. If the 0.1% has stayed the same you would now have e.g. 33% chance of getting a Sword, 33% chance of getting an Hilt and 33% of getting one of these amulets.

That way, drop rates for specific items went down and the drop rate of 'rare' items in general would stay the same.

I am working under the assumption that the rare drops will have the same rate as before, with additional chance at the new stuff. It might not be true of course, they can make the drop rates whatever they want. But it would be nicer if they had more chance. I am not a fan of the concept of "get lucky" or "kill this a ton of times to get 1 lucky item" I would much rather have more decent small drops than to have one good large drop. But that isn't the way of things.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

The entire human base model set has been updated to use the same version as in the Evolution of Combat Beta.

Okay, there goes an era. :lol:

Oh god NO. I'm the gorrilapig again!

hzvjpwS.gif

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE
I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen.

Posted Image

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
Probably a bug, ther are also orbs missing from elemental staves.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Probably a bug, ther are also orbs missing from elemental staves.

My guess:
They revamped steam staff has a particle-based steam effect.
In making this they have managed to fudge up the staff orbs and the particles in general.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT
Goliath gloves are showing green particles for me... Looks downright SILLY! Also, herald capes ALWAYS have that shitty dark blue color on them, you can't change it. Jagex, you done GOOFED!
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen.

Posted Image

Do I get a prize for getting the film reference?

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Posted Image

Liam Neeson would be proud :P

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Posted Image

Yes, you should :P

I've got particles on mine though, dunno why you don't on yours.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Lidl Shopper
[ Display Name History ]

Lidl Shopper

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • RSN:Luk3d
I think the dung cape glitch only affects male chars, not 100% sure though
Posted Image

I like the way Engstrom talks about the feeling of realism and immersion. Can you imagine how he must feel when one of the Al-Kharid warriors drops a spin ticket?

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
Does Kree'arra still fly? Because he seems to be walking alot. :s

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

Does Kree'arra still fly? Because he seems to be walking alot. :s

After flying non stop for over 5 years I'd be walking a lot too.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I'd like to take a minute to hope really hard they just because they are now using the beta charecter models in the live game, does not mean they are done modifying them, because this:
Posted Image
Is creepy as all get out. It's prortioned very poorly in multiple places, and that expression clearly says "I am devouring your soul!"

If they keep that model, I'm either going to have to use a male avatar (assuming its less creepy), or forever wear a helmet that hides my face. I can handle the small head and gorilla body, but that face is going to give me nightmares.

I would also like to express my displeasure with screenshot right now, which seems to be determined to make that face blurry. It's a lot more disconcerting when you see it in game.

Equenox
[ Display Name History ]

Equenox

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • RSN:BareAssChaps
  • RSN2:Kondol
  • Clan:EoE

The predominant known bugs are (no need to report them):

• 120 Dungeoneering cape is missing particle effects.
• Neck stretching with the princess hair style and some MTX items.
• Battlestaffs are missing orbs.
• Necromancer staffs don't have the skulls attached.
• Players with a full cache can get held on 50% loading at God Wars entrance.
• Nex boots\gloves are not displayed on the Grand Exchange.
• The new "Bandos Kiteshield" has the same display name as the treasure trail's rune trimmed "Bandos Kiteshield"
• Skill Cape icons should not have grey/teal edging.
• Incorrect particle colour on Dominion gloves.
• Female resting stance is very bulky.
• Female face has incorrect colouring.
• The re-colour functionality of the Wicked Cape is broken.

Legionwizard
[ Display Name History ]

Legionwizard

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • RSN:Legion

The predominant known bugs are (no need to report them):

• 120 Dungeoneering cape is missing particle effects.
• Neck stretching with the princess hair style and some MTX items.
• Battlestaffs are missing orbs.
• Necromancer staffs don't have the skulls attached.
• Players with a full cache can get held on 50% loading at God Wars entrance.
• Nex boots\gloves are not displayed on the Grand Exchange.
• The new "Bandos Kiteshield" has the same display name as the treasure trail's rune trimmed "Bandos Kiteshield"
• Skill Cape icons should not have grey/teal edging.
• Incorrect particle colour on Dominion gloves.
• Female resting stance is very bulky.
• Female face has incorrect colouring.
• The re-colour functionality of the Wicked Cape is broken.

Add to that list: ability to obtain Armadyl Crossbow as a drop in Saradomin Dungeon.
Posted Image

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users