Your Most Expensive (or Embarassing) Death(s)

Deathlord920

It wasn't exactly the biggest loss given I was able to get back to my grave, but the most embarassing has to be the time where me, along with Alg and Baraqiel, were getting manhandled by a Demon Mob Boss we felt like trioing. Two level 200s and a lvl 192 (at the time) getting manhandled and slaughtered multiple times.

I hated ones with "the Glorious" (stunning type) suffix ever since.

There is also the one where I somehow got destroyed by a level 15 Delrith at level 200 just because I came back from hiatus and was unaware of how the EoC worked at the time. Yeah...

• 3 weeks later...

I can't think of anything particularly embarassing or expensive, but I'll give my most heart-breaking one.

I am, and always have been, obsessed with the mime outfit/emotes. I had just got the last piece of the set (this was years ago) and walked around in it for a while. I put on my armor when I was done showing it off and went to the wilderness... forgetting to change the gloves and boots. I died. I had those gloves for less than a day and it took me a full year to get the gloves and boots again.

Most expensive:

Friend loans me Dclaws for the night and I decide to go kill some Green Dragons. I wanted to be careful so I took the Barbarian canoe thing deep into the wildy to avoid pkers. There was a bot there who I killed for his bone/hide collection. Some lvl 100 noob shows up (I was around lvl 115 at the time) and begins to ice blitz me. I try to kill him but he continues to farcast. Eventually I die and lose my friend's claws, my fury, and my rapier (I was like 84 dungoneering and I was devastated). This led me to join DGS where I have gotten over 140m dg xp, and a comp cape. :)

Most embarassing: I died at the hard-mode bandos while using my drygore set, and a torva set my friend had lent me. After I die I run back and loot my grave, then teleport away and mess around at the GE for about 5 minutes. I began to gear back up for a QBD trip and notice something is missing.... Torva legs+gloves+boots+ my offhand drygore weapon.. I freaked out because I had no idea what happened to them. I take full void and a chaotic maul back to GWD to find my gear sitting there outside of the boss room. I had no idea it was still under protection of my grave which was no longer there. I got the kill count as fast as I could and got back the gear :XD:

Tg_Ibe.png

This still haunts we to this day, quite little to some people but at the time I decided to quit for a solid year.

The year was 2005, I was by no means rich and had worked tirelessly to save for full guthans and a whip so I could camp at bandits (When that used to be one of the best training methods), it took me weeks and weeks of saving and I had every piece of gold too my name invested in that Armour. I was set up in the tent with the table (3/4 bandit spawns for constant attacks), I got connection interrupted and by the time I managed to log on and run back there from lumby I was all but too late.

Iapa.png

Both most expensive and most embarrassing - I was at steel dragons, only half paying attention and at some point didn't put melee protection. My grave at the time was the 6:00 min type, so no big issue normally. I was still panicking a bit. Gathered my stuff, ran back to brimhaven and steeldragon - only to instantly die again - had forgotten the anti-dragon shield. Gather my stuff again, run to brimhaven, more panicked this time...only to die again - had forgotten the antifire potion :P. The timer ran out when I just dropped off the boat for the third time -.-

Loss was about a million at the time I think...maybe a tenth of my wealth.

• 1 month later...

dying at bandos pre-instances. i hadnt palyed in awhile, and wasnt very fast anymore. i had forgotten to renew ovl, drank it, and got aggro'd. Grad punched me down :-X. the poeple there were asses and wouldnt bless. Gf 30m. It led to a ragequit for awhile, less over the money loss and more at the poor way i was treated.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• 1 year later...

Died at cockroach soldiers when I was more nooby, at the time the timer on gravestones was much shorter, so I was running back there as fast as I could and my stuff disappeared as I was like 5-10 steps away.

Only had my chest, legs and shield left pretty much.

North of varrock, F2P deaths at Zamorak Altar. My rune scimmies were my life :(

Dying to Torag.

250m on 4,7,8

Lost 0.6b whilst I had doubles and then the white came aaahhhh

Duel arena: I think i've been cleaned from max cash to nil about 6 times so far, forgetting about the rares.

Currently 500m :'(

I made so much cash pre-gravestones. RIP death meaning something.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)