Help me find a good desktop gaming computer ~ PLEASE!

QueenValerie

@gpmc

He doesn't need a CPU cooler if he has a case with fans. The intel line runs plenty cool.

I disagree with the blue hdd I would go with black personally.

I say ditch the gpu for a gtx 560ti, 650, or 660 anything under 250.00 considering they will run any game on the current market at 60-100fps.

I would highly recommend adding a SSD as your primary drive for OS and such. One of these will run 60-100.00 and the change in GPU should cover that cost.

Rest looks great.

Low_C.png

@gpmc

He doesn't need a CPU cooler if he has a case with fans. The intel line runs plenty cool.

I disagree with the blue hdd I would go with black personally.

I say ditch the gpu for a gtx 560ti, 650, or 660 anything under 250.00 considering they will run any game on the current market at 60-100fps.

I would highly recommend adding a SSD as your primary drive for OS and such. One of these will run 60-100.00 and the change in GPU should cover that cost.

Rest looks great.

That is very wrong. Case fans do not have the same amount of airflow with a heatsink. OCing without an aftermarket cooler is just asking for a burn out.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

It's been stated she is not going to be overclocking so what are you on about? If you need a cooler for a i5 or i7 that isn't overclocked you picked a terrible case or you live in the desert without air conditioning.

Low_C.png

Agreed. I have a first gen i3 processor and am not OC'ing it and I have no overheating issues with the fan that came with it. Runs pretty cool actually, 30 Celsius idle and 50 Celsius when on heavy load. The default cooler is fine for most cases when there's no overclocking.

It's been stated she is not going to be overclocking so what are you on about? If you need a cooler for a i5 or i7 that isn't overclocked you picked a terrible case or you live in the desert without air conditioning.

Then instead of dissing my suggested build, say "just downgrade to an i5-3450 and an H77 motherboard". No need to be that way. We are humans and sometimes overlook things..

Here's a better build than even the one I suggested earlier:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.55 @ Newegg)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($409.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($63.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 520W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($46.98 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS224-06 DVD/CD Writer ($27.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $947.45

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I can't figure out for the life of me why you suggest a $400+ gpu over making the entire system overall fast for a build that doesn't require 1/4th the graphics processing. She has stated the games she intends on playing. They are nowhere near graphically intense and future proofing her game library doesn't require breaking the bank. Hell of a build you have there it just doesn't fit the user. If i recommended that build to a consumer who has specifically stated their intended uses and expectations they would run the other direction considering it's overpriced for what they need it for.

Low_C.png