Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chapter 1 - Windward

PvP Metagame Boss Hunting Combat Events F2P Quests Rants Rare Items Rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
690 replies to this topic

Grim_
[ Display Name History ]

Grim_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Duke Grim IV
  • Clan:SODB
I'm going to be going as a cleric of Thenatos, Azlanti (demi currently) god of the helpful dead. Sees dead bodies as tools that can be used to help further the cause of civilization rather than hinder it, as such he is a neutral deity of death who doesn't really care about his clerics raising the dead. Other clerics on the other hand...
What I was thinking about is a slightly more ruthless Erastil, and less hide bound Adabar who has no problem with tools being used to further the cause of the community (and his church) as long as they are being used properly.
For domains I was thinking: Death and undead, community, healing, and destruction. (Trying to get some of theme going for duality)
Weapon: Warhammer (ability to create and destroy?)
Posted Image

Retech
[ Display Name History ]

Retech

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,640 posts
  • RSN:Saint Retech
Sounds good Grim. :)
Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering
Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony
Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering
Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)
Former President of the United States (Hegemony)
Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)
Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Corvus
[ Display Name History ]

Corvus

Lord of Ravens

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RSN:Ponyseidon
  • RSN2:Stone Of Jas
  • Clan:Bronyville
Earth, if you would like here is an example of a possible sort of build you could make with the Freebooter Ranger Archtype to get a pirate type swashbuckler character: Shadow Wing
(I only made the character since I felt like it, as I cannot take part in this campaign due to scheduling issues. If you really want you could just straight up use the character)
Posted Image
Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

archimage_a
[ Display Name History ]

archimage_a

You can't direct the wind

• Members
  • 11,268 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:archimage a
Bare bones of a Barbarian:
Ref: Nex

http://www.uzzisoft..../archimage.jpeg
Posted Image

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Nexaduro
[ Display Name History ]

Nexaduro

A Fool On The Hill.

• Members
  • 2,437 posts
  • RSN:NexaduroIV
  • Clan:The Honorable Tavern-that-was
No need for that, Archi, my character should be finished within 18 hours at the most.

Also, damn it all, I came up with an awesome thematic custom magical item (it even had a good name) that would've really been rather useful... In a heroic campaign. I keep forgetting the whole pirate thing.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I'm having a bit of an issue with the spellbook. Do I have a limitation on the amount of spells that I am allowed to keep when not used? I thought that the limit was was 12,4,4 but that means that I'm able to use virtually of my spells in the the spell-slots which doesn't seem right.

Do the effects of smokestick stack with obscuring mist?

Posted Image

Nexaduro
[ Display Name History ]

Nexaduro

A Fool On The Hill.

• Members
  • 2,437 posts
I'm going to sleep now. This isn't finished yet (also thank you Archi for the convenient format to copy from your character), and I would like to ask the group what you need from me.

As is, it looks like I'm to be the group tank (and secondary or primary DPS, on the assumption that we have no Blasters handy); suggestions on Feats and Equipment complementing this would be appreciated. I additionally must ask whether or not you would have me take the double-edged sword that is the Superstitious rage power, which you should look up on the SRD if you're not familiar.

Name: Sedrial

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts

Suggestions on Feats would be handy

Greater Beast Totem
Body Bludgeon
Ground Breaker
Endurance
Ferocious Trample

Seem good. And there was another really good feat that allowed you to fly if you were a barbarian but I've forgotten what it was.

Posted Image

Nexaduro
[ Display Name History ]

Nexaduro

A Fool On The Hill.

• Members
  • 2,437 posts

Suggestions on Feats would be handy

Greater Beast Totem
Body Bludgeon
Ground Breaker
Endurance
Ferocious Trample

Seem good.

Only one of those is a feat, and I can't take any of those Rage Powers right now. Groundbreaker is level 6, but I used that slot on Beast Totem.

With regards to your earlier questions; what Class are you, and no they do not stack.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Corvus
[ Display Name History ]

Corvus

Lord of Ravens

• Members
  • 947 posts

I'm having a bit of an issue with the spellbook. Do I have a limitation on the amount of spells that I am allowed to keep when not used? I thought that the limit was was 12,4,4 but that means that I'm able to use virtually of my spells in the the spell-slots which doesn't seem right.

Do the effects of smokestick stack with obscuring mist?

Your the previously mentioned Wizard?
For a wizard at 6th level you would have for free (you can learn a lower level spell in place of a higher level spell. EDIT: Also shouldn't have to mention this, but they would need to be off the Wizard spell list):
All 0 level spells
5 First level spells
4 Second Level spells
4 Third Level spells
After those Wizards are able to purchase additional spells known by way of copying scrolls into their spellbook at a cost of The Spell level squared times 10gp or 5gp for a 0 level spell(and of course the cost of a scroll to copy which is used up during the process). Technically a Wizard is also limited by the number of pages in the spellbook, with each spell taking up a number of pages equal to its spell level (or 1 page for 0 level spells) though its not uncommon for the number of pages to be ignored with GM approval as a matter of keeping the bookkeeping simple (pun intended).
When preparing spells you may prepare any combination of the known spells at each level of spell slot.

Concealment effects do not stack unless stated otherwise (the effects may coexist, but only the more severe of the two effects impacts the game). In that specific situation you may use the smoke stick as an optional material component for the spell, removing the obscuring Mist's weakness to fire at the cost of limiting it to a 1 minute duration.
Posted Image

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
Sorry Nex, I just clicked a link and assumed that they were feats without fully reading the site.

Bloody Triumph
Endurance
Powerful charge

-
Yes.

Okay, thankyou. I had thought that you could have twelve first level spells, which was wrong but the rest are correct. I will probably spend some money and purchase some new spells because I currently don't have much need for the money. If Retech is following the rule about spellbooks can I not simply just buy multiple spellbooks or more pages instead of limiting my spells? At the moment it isn't a problem since only fourty-four pages will need to be used.

Thanks, but smokesticks may be useful if a longer duration is required or I want to cover a larger area without metamagic.

Posted Image

Corvus
[ Display Name History ]

Corvus

Lord of Ravens

• Members
  • 947 posts
Well, if Retech cares about the number of pages in a spellbook, you are always able to just buy more spellbooks. (rather silly as by the time you actually need them the cost is barely anything to your character) Buying additional spells for a wizard isn't actually all that super useful, as you need to prepare spells ahead of time. So before going on a huge spending spree of getting a ton of extra spells, you may want to consider buying other magical items such as pearls of power.

Also to clarify, Smokesticks have a much shorter duration and a smaller area of effect than Obscuring Mist. (The former covers a 10' cube for 1 minute, the latter covers a 20' radius area for 1 minute per level[6 minutes in this case])
Posted Image

Retech
[ Display Name History ]

Retech

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,640 posts
I don't have an issue with ignoring the length of a spellbook. I don't sunder spellbooks either, so no need to worry about that.

Also a wizards get 3 first level spells free in their spellbook, + int modifier (+5) and then for level 2 would add +2 more for ten total. I miscalculated before because I assumed level 1 would give 2 bonus spells as well, which I realize that they do not.

Wyvren has good suggestions though. Also, lesser metamagic rods are very useful.
Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Earth
[ Display Name History ]

Earth

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,351 posts
  • Location:Everywhere around you, including what you're standing on.
Yo, Wyvern, I think the character is fine. I'll just use him. Seems to fit my tastes of being practical and easy to use. Although I'll have to look up his feats later, to make sure I understand what they do.
Posted Image
Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.
Memorable Crossroads Quotes.

Corvus
[ Display Name History ]

Corvus

Lord of Ravens

• Members
  • 947 posts

Yo, Wyvern, I think the character is fine. I'll just use him. Seems to fit my tastes of being practical and easy to use. Although I'll have to look up his feats later, to make sure I understand what they do.

Since its not a big deal I can write up what they do:
Two Weapon Fighting - Reduces the penalty for fighting with two weapons by 2 for your primary hand and 6 for your off hand bringing it to -4 for both before accounting for the light weapon in the off-hand reducing it to a total -2 for each attack.
Improved Two Weapon Fighting - The off-handed weapon provides a second bonus attack using your base attack bonus -5
Two Weapon Defence - When holding 2 weapons you gain a +1 Shield bonus to AC which increases to +2 when fighting defensively or using Total Defence(The basic +1 is already figured in the character sheet)
Dodge - You get a +1 dodge bonus AC against a single opponent you specify during your turn
Endurance - +4 bonus to certain saves, and the ability to sleep in medium armor without penalty
Disorienting Maneuver - If you use an acrobatics check to pass through an opponent's square, you get a +2 bonus on attack rolls against them until your next turn. (+4 if you are trying to trip them)

Since its a tad bit difficult to work out what Shadow Wing's full attack is:
+6/+1(Bastard Sword)/+6/+1(Boarding Axe)

Tactics:
Shadow Wing's main form of combat focuses in granting bonuses to the party against foes with his Freebooter's Bane ability (grants himself and all his allies within 30' at the start of the ability +2 on attack rolls and damage rolls against the target of the ability until that target dies or you use the ability again, as a move action) and then providing more bonuses with the Freebooter's bond (the Freebooter and all allies within 30' are affected, increasing the attack bonus from flanking by an additional +2 if the other flanker is also under the affect of the ability, activates as a move action and lasts for 3 rounds at his current ability score) and moving into position for flanking attacks using the Disorienting Maneuver ability.

If you wish to customize the character's equipment loadout, I would suggest removing the glamered enchantment from his armor to get an additional 2700gp to spend on stuff as I mostly put that enchantment in to fit my idea of the character, and you really probably want to switch out the Heavy Crossbow (Underwater) for a different weapon that can fire a bit faster than every other turn.
Posted Image

Retech
[ Display Name History ]

Retech

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,640 posts
I think dodge was bumped up since 3.5. It just applies a flat +1 dodge bonus to AC.

Corvus
[ Display Name History ]

Corvus

Lord of Ravens

• Members
  • 947 posts
Yeah, double checking it does give a flat +1 bonus
Posted Image

Retech
[ Display Name History ]

Retech

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,640 posts
I forgot to mention before, but we are also playing with pirate (hero) points. Everyone starts with two points and the rules are detailed on the SRD. Only thing is that this is a pirate campaign, not a heroic one, so they are more awarded for piratey deeds than heroic ones. And they won't be terribly common, but everyone gets one each time they level.

They can also be used to petition me to allow someone to do a feat of piratey goodness that might usually be impossible, though it'll still be very difficult.

^

Generally the same as hero point rules, except that it is a pirate campaign.

archimage_a
[ Display Name History ]

archimage_a

You can't direct the wind

• Members
  • 11,268 posts
  • RSN:archimage a
Gloom Sight =P

http://www.uzzisoft..../archimage.jpeg
Posted Image

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts

A wizard must study her spellbook each day to prepare his spells. he cannot prepare any spell not recorded in her spellbook, except for read magic, which all wizards can prepare from memory.
A wizard begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level wizard spells (except those from her prohibited school or schools, if any; see School Specialization, below) plus three 1st-level spells of your choice. For each point of Intelligence bonus the wizard has, the spellbook holds one additional 1st-level spell of your choice. At each new wizard level, he gains two new spells of any spell level or levels that he can cast (based on her new wizard level) for her spellbook. At any time, a wizard can also add spells found in other spellbooks to her own.

http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Is the above a pathfinder rule or is it exclusively D&D3.5e?

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PvP, Metagame, Boss Hunting, Combat, Events, F2P, Quests, Rants, Rare Items, Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users