Sorry Nex, I just clicked a link and assumed that they were feats without fully reading the site.

Bloody Triumph

Endurance

Powerful charge

-

Yes.

Okay, thankyou. I had thought that you could have twelve first level spells, which was wrong but the rest are correct. I will probably spend some money and purchase some new spells because I currently don't have much need for the money. If Retech is following the rule about spellbooks can I not simply just buy multiple spellbooks or more pages instead of limiting my spells? At the moment it isn't a problem since only fourty-four pages will need to be used.

Thanks, but smokesticks may be useful if a longer duration is required or I want to cover a larger area without metamagic.

qTLQRuS.png

Well, if Retech cares about the number of pages in a spellbook, you are always able to just buy more spellbooks. (rather silly as by the time you actually need them the cost is barely anything to your character) Buying additional spells for a wizard isn't actually all that super useful, as you need to prepare spells ahead of time. So before going on a huge spending spree of getting a ton of extra spells, you may want to consider buying other magical items such as pearls of power.

Also to clarify, Smokesticks have a much shorter duration and a smaller area of effect than Obscuring Mist. (The former covers a 10' cube for 1 minute, the latter covers a 20' radius area for 1 minute per level[6 minutes in this case])

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I don't have an issue with ignoring the length of a spellbook. I don't sunder spellbooks either, so no need to worry about that.

Also a wizards get 3 first level spells free in their spellbook, + int modifier (+5) and then for level 2 would add +2 more for ten total. I miscalculated before because I assumed level 1 would give 2 bonus spells as well, which I realize that they do not.

Wyvren has good suggestions though. Also, lesser metamagic rods are very useful.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yo, Wyvern, I think the character is fine. I'll just use him. Seems to fit my tastes of being practical and easy to use. Although I'll have to look up his feats later, to make sure I understand what they do.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Yo, Wyvern, I think the character is fine. I'll just use him. Seems to fit my tastes of being practical and easy to use. Although I'll have to look up his feats later, to make sure I understand what they do.

Since its not a big deal I can write up what they do:

Two Weapon Fighting - Reduces the penalty for fighting with two weapons by 2 for your primary hand and 6 for your off hand bringing it to -4 for both before accounting for the light weapon in the off-hand reducing it to a total -2 for each attack.

Improved Two Weapon Fighting - The off-handed weapon provides a second bonus attack using your base attack bonus -5

Two Weapon Defence - When holding 2 weapons you gain a +1 Shield bonus to AC which increases to +2 when fighting defensively or using Total Defence(The basic +1 is already figured in the character sheet)

Dodge - You get a +1 dodge bonus AC against a single opponent you specify during your turn

Endurance - +4 bonus to certain saves, and the ability to sleep in medium armor without penalty

Disorienting Maneuver - If you use an acrobatics check to pass through an opponent's square, you get a +2 bonus on attack rolls against them until your next turn. (+4 if you are trying to trip them)

Since its a tad bit difficult to work out what Shadow Wing's full attack is:

+6/+1(Bastard Sword)/+6/+1(Boarding Axe)

Tactics:

Shadow Wing's main form of combat focuses in granting bonuses to the party against foes with his Freebooter's Bane ability (grants himself and all his allies within 30' at the start of the ability +2 on attack rolls and damage rolls against the target of the ability until that target dies or you use the ability again, as a move action) and then providing more bonuses with the Freebooter's bond (the Freebooter and all allies within 30' are affected, increasing the attack bonus from flanking by an additional +2 if the other flanker is also under the affect of the ability, activates as a move action and lasts for 3 rounds at his current ability score) and moving into position for flanking attacks using the Disorienting Maneuver ability.

If you wish to customize the character's equipment loadout, I would suggest removing the glamered enchantment from his armor to get an additional 2700gp to spend on stuff as I mostly put that enchantment in to fit my idea of the character, and you really probably want to switch out the Heavy Crossbow (Underwater) for a different weapon that can fire a bit faster than every other turn.

I think dodge was bumped up since 3.5. It just applies a flat +1 dodge bonus to AC.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I forgot to mention before, but we are also playing with pirate (hero) points. Everyone starts with two points and the rules are detailed on the SRD. Only thing is that this is a pirate campaign, not a heroic one, so they are more awarded for piratey deeds than heroic ones. And they won't be terribly common, but everyone gets one each time they level.

They can also be used to petition me to allow someone to do a feat of piratey goodness that might usually be impossible, though it'll still be very difficult.

^

Generally the same as hero point rules, except that it is a pirate campaign.

A wizard must study her spellbook each day to prepare his spells. he cannot prepare any spell not recorded in her spellbook, except for read magic, which all wizards can prepare from memory.

A wizard begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level wizard spells (except those from her prohibited school or schools, if any; see School Specialization, below) plus three 1st-level spells of your choice. For each point of Intelligence bonus the wizard has, the spellbook holds one additional 1st-level spell of your choice. At each new wizard level, he gains two new spells of any spell level or levels that he can cast (based on her new wizard level) for her spellbook. At any time, a wizard can also add spells found in other spellbooks to her own.

http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Is the above a pathfinder rule or is it exclusively D&D3.5e?

qTLQRuS.png

Bards are helpful.

Retech, would a darkness spell effect item that only works in the user's square but does not penalize attackers recieve any price reduction by your judgement? I want a Drow-Blooded Half Elf, and I do not want to deal with Light Blindness for a round whenever the lights go up a step from normal.

Additionally, I would ask if I could get a Mistcloak that duplicates the spell effect of Mistmail without the added price of its armor bonus.

Finally, would you say that Fortified Armor Training reduce the armor's HP by exactly the amount it takes to become broken, or leave it with 25% or 10% or something left?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

A wizard must study her spellbook each day to prepare his spells. he cannot prepare any spell not recorded in her spellbook, except for read magic, which all wizards can prepare from memory.

A wizard begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level wizard spells (except those from her prohibited school or schools, if any; see School Specialization, below) plus three 1st-level spells of your choice. For each point of Intelligence bonus the wizard has, the spellbook holds one additional 1st-level spell of your choice. At each new wizard level, he gains two new spells of any spell level or levels that he can cast (based on her new wizard level) for her spellbook. At any time, a wizard can also add spells found in other spellbooks to her own.

http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Is the above a pathfinder rule or is it exclusively D&D3.5e?

That is a pathfinder rule. When I was listing the number of spells you would know I wasn't including those bonus spells as I didn't know your bonus.

Nex, Technically speaking the armor doesn't actually take damage, it just gains the broken condition until you go about repairing it (the standard method to get the broken status is if it takes damage, but another ability could just give it the condition). Also your darkness effect ability is just silly, as there are a few much less complicated ways to deal with the issue.

Please elaborate, it's been bugging me all day. Haven't found anything on the site to deal with Light Blindness. Also, thanks for the armor clarification, but I must ask; does that mean it requires Craft checks/payment to an Armorer, or just a Mend/Make Whole casting?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

For reference:

LENSES OF DARKNESS

Aura

eyes; Price 12,000 gp; Weight

DESCRIPTION

Crafted from a dark-colored crystalline material and infused

with magical darkness, these lenses fit over the wearer’s

eyes. When worn by a creature with light sensitivity or light

blindness, these lenses protect the wearer against the effect of

sunlight, the daylight spell, or similar light effects. Both lenses

must be worn for the magic to be effective.

CONSTRUCTION

Requirements

Craft Wondrous Item, darkness; Cost 6,000 gp

It seems the people at Pazio were one step ahead...and they were annoying and set the price much higher.

Also something quite significant is that in most circumstances the light level would stay at Bright...The only exceptions would be magical or if we were ambushed leaving a forest. If it was magic then the spell would be of a higher level and so counter the Darkness, and if it was transitional then withdraw?

You could also drink/use Shadowcloy/use a Darklight Lantern.

Alternatively, since I also have Light Sensitivity, we could petition the party/D/GM to mostly work at night.

All of that said, a Ring of Darkness, which casts as Darkness, but only to a 5 foot radius, should probably get reduced to a CL1 spell. So you would end up a 2,100 item. Or if you said it was Goggles of Blinding and put it in your head slot it would be 1,800...ostensibly.

Or you could just use a normal darkness/greater darkness spell, on goggles, with one charge. (since it lasts 1 minute per level and if Retech pulls the Daylight card at every turn we can come up with a better solution when we get some loot.)

So 2*3*1,800 /5 = 2,160 or 3*5*1,800 /5=5,400

I can give you 1,580 towards getting that, since it would assist me quite alot.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Well part of the trade-off of getting darkvision is the penalty with light, but there are a variety of ways to get around the blindness aspect, if that is your goal.

My first idea is a thin cloth-blindfold. It would give a -2 penalty to ranged attack rolls and sight based perception, but it would allow you to ignore the light blindness. (The basic tradeoff being that you'd take greater consistent penalties)

Alternatively the cantrip Penumbra, which Nef could learn and cast on you for a while, though it is a rare cantrip and he doesn't start with it. It may be possible to gain access to that at some point. In general, if there is an existing item that already does what the custom magic item does, then I will defer to the original item pricing when pricing the custom.

In general, if there is an existing item that already does what the custom magic item does, then I will defer to the original item pricing when pricing the custom.

Does this include the Mistcloak? Because I don't want to be breaking magic armor, and I really want to look something like this:

[spoiler=Hide]Vin.jpg

... Though possibly of a different gender, and DEFINITELY with a bigger weapon.

Also thanks, the blindfold will probably be sufficient.

EDIT: Okay, this image is better, and also might actually work:

EDIT EDIT: Though it's hard to see the cloak in all its mistyness...

[spoiler=Hide]The_Mistborn_by_lone_momo.jpg

(Minus the naked magical woman... Unless I run into a Sylph?)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

:thumbup: I encountered it as a homebrew item in a campaign a long while ago and found it very balanced after we used it in play, so just brought it over.

Gorum it, I accidentally quoted myself instead of editing.

So is the Mistcloak a yes or a no?

Archi, I was considering casting Continual Flame on my eyes.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Based on my calculation on an existing item, a mistcloak would cost 2160. The key thing is that the armor bonus and the mist don't function at the same time, so the mistmail is already at a discount there, but you could still apply a mistcloak (taking up a cloak slot) while still having armor on.

Based on my calculation on an existing item, a mistcloak would cost 2160. The key thing is that the armor bonus and the mist don't function at the same time, so the mistmail is already at a discount there, but you could still apply a mistcloak (taking up a cloak slot) while still having armor on.

Let me get this straight.

I'm trying to buy half an item, but since I'm buying half I don't get the 50% discount that half apparently recieved by virtue of (not really) taking up a valuable slot?

I mean, it's not as if I can't just activate the Mistmail and put on an Armored Coat (or wear the coat under the mail, silly as it may look...), I don't think there's even anything in the rules about wearing multiple armors...

RIP Dawngate ;-;

If the character tries to don another suit of armor while the Mistmail is in fog form, it reforms at the character's feet.

Also addendum to the mistcloak (or ring of the mists if you prefer), the ability should also read that it lasts for thirty minutes. The idea of the mistmail is that it is a trade between +5 AC and 20% concealment chance, however once put in cloak form, it no longer has such a drawback.

The mistcloak is more adequately compared with the ring of blur, which grants continuous 20% miss chance for a far higher price, so if the mistcloak were to have such a low price, it would need an adequate limiter, such as the duration of obscuring mist.

Let me get this straight.

I'm trying to buy half an item, but since I'm buying half I don't get the 50% discount that half apparently recieved by virtue of (not really) taking up a valuable slot?

I mean, it's not as if I can't just activate the Mistmail and put on an Armored Coat (or wear the coat under the mail, silly as it may look...), I don't think there's even anything in the rules about wearing multiple armors...

Well, the rules straight up says you cannot put on a second set of armor when you have the mistmail activated, and there are rules preventing wearing more than one set of armor (not to mention the standard sanity rule) its just listed in the magical item rules. While there are a few cases where you can technically wear more than one piece of armor, those are either dependant upon the Golden rule (A more specific rule may override a general rule, such as the armored kilt armor addition) or horribly abusing a technicality in the rules (Specifically a druid using wildshape, and wild armor, and then wearing barding. Due to rewording of the rule from D&D 3.5 to Pathfinder there is no additional gain from doing this unless you are trying to dodge the movement penalties of heavy armor and have a better enchantment on your barding for some reason, as the armor bonus no longer gets added to the natural armor [in 3.5 you could use the trick to get an absurdly high AC by wearing a ton of sets of full plate at once])

Alright, thanks for the clarification. I'm going to keep looking at prices and see if I can find something fitting.

One other thing; possible to purchase a Magic Item capable of negating X critical hits per day, Y/N? Came to mind after Archi and I discussed his Ring of Windy Escape. If you'd rather I not get it, then I'll probably be fine with just Fortification armor or that one Feat.

One other other thing... Do you belong to the RAW mindset of the Dragon Totem power line granting a bonus to DR, or the RAI mindset of the DR bit being a typo?

To continue the endless chain of pestering beyond any excuse of 'one last bit'... A Pirate can be an Antihero, right? Or, Antipirate as the case may be?

RIP Dawngate ;-;