Unless I'm very, very wrong about your equipment, you're talking about a weapon with a +7 equivalent enhancement bonus, which should cost 92k. Give any character, (including a monk) that much cash to be spent on items, and you will get a very effective killing machine at low level. Also, lei you've met (by my count) 3 characters and one undead dragon, the other character (and undead dragon) were simply silent and invisible (whee scrolls of invisibility) when you met them.

Mather, I had no designs on your life, if you tried to resist my countermeasures and became violent (and tried to use a DC 18-19 attack against me that targeted my will save) I intended to kill you, if not then you would go on your way. It was you who decided to plot to kill me (and another person).

EDIT: Also, you're talking about a gunslinger; a class with light armor proficiency only going up against a vampire in melee. That would not end well (something about a relatively high DR, coupled with lei's low strength modifier).

And as a general question for lei; is there any reason why you chose the gunslinger, and could you be convinced to play a similar (but all together better) class like the inquisitor or something (maybe a ranged fighter or a cavalier, I like cavaliers).

Question for retech: Would you allow the hound master archtype for a cavalier?

LNYvk.png

Archi, you don't have a problem with me coming "back" because your character doesn't know me anyways!

It seems rather impossible for anyone to really hate my character since I only just washed up on some beach on some unknown island two sessions ago. And I've only met two players/people and haven't killed either if them (granted the fact that I only met one for like a couple of minutes and the other is the only person I (as in my character) knows that seems friendly).

FYI, we didn't really care about you being there, just Holo.

Believe it or not, I was the one who managed to persuade Garmund not to drop a zombie dragon and a barrage of save or die spells on you. I guess my character was kinda tired of fighting the same people over and over? Always up for a decent fight, but you find one of the enemies insufferable? Solution: Teleport the involved parties 900 miles away.

Unless I'm very, very wrong about your equipment, you're talking about a weapon with a +7 equivalent enhancement bonus, which should cost 92k. Give any character, (including a monk) that much cash to be spent on items, and you will get a very effective killing machine at low level. Also, lei you've met (by my count) 3 characters and one undead dragon, the other character (and undead dragon) were simply silent and invisible (whee scrolls of invisibility) when you met them.

Mather, I had no designs on your life, if you tried to resist my countermeasures and became violent (and tried to use a DC 18-19 attack against me that targeted my will save) I intended to kill you, if not then you would go on your way. It was you who decided to plot to kill me (and another person).

EDIT: Also, you're talking about a gunslinger; a class with light armor proficiency only going up against a vampire in melee. That would not end well (something about a relatively high DR, coupled with lei's low strength modifier).

And as a general question for lei; is there any reason why you chose the gunslinger, and could you be convinced to play a similar (but all together better) class like the inquisitor or something (maybe a ranged fighter or a cavalier, I like cavaliers).

Question for retech: Would you allow the hound master archtype for a cavalier?

As I said, that was only responsible for 30 of the damage. If I were to spend money on various equipment to maximize it, I could just evenly divide INT bonus among all magic item slots, as every second point of INT increases the damage by 12.

And I had reason to believe your intentions were to kill me, and in any case the trigger for our plan was to be the execution of my body double (one of the plans even relying on propping the body double full of explosive runes).

And the reason Lei would go into melee with the Vampire is because when attacking with all four blades and buffed by me, her damage output is 8d3+26 per turn at +12 attack rolls, or she could go into grapple for 8d3+2d4+34 damage per round.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

As I said, that was only responsible for 30 of the damage. If I were to spend money on various equipment to maximize it, I could just evenly divide INT bonus among all magic item slots, as every second point of INT increases the damage by 12.

And I had reason to believe your intentions were to kill me, and in any case the trigger for our plan was to be the execution of my body double (one of the plans even relying on propping the body double full of explosive runes).

And the reason Lei would go into melee with the Vampire is because when attacking with all four blades and buffed by me, her damage output is 8d3+26 per turn at +12 attack rolls, or she could go into grapple for 8d3+2d4+34 damage per round.

Dealing a grand total of zero damage because a vampire has DR/10 silver and magic.

PS. Enhancement bonuses to ability scores do not stack unless explicitely stated.

PPS. Where are you getting all these feats from? I can't figure out a way to make 8 attacks at level 9 without being way down in the negative attack bonuses.

That... would not end well either. The vampire should have DR 10 against all of her attacks, which would make them rather useless. At any rate, you're ignoring the domination power that would probably be used on either her or yourself (this is, incidentally, why you don't use wisdom as your dump stat).

LNYvk.png

You seem to be missing the fact that anything that vampire can do with its powers, I can do with my magic or performences. If it can enthrall Lei, then nothing is stopping me from doing the same thing and cast Charm Person on her to get her back on my side.

Or rather since if I'm not incorrect, a vampire uses a form of hypnosis to entrhall its victims, I can simply use Countersong to prevent its words from having any effect. In fact, if timed correctly and given some freedom with the game mechanics, I could first stop the vampire's words, then take advantage of Lei's impressionable state to make Inspire Courage have several times the effect.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mather, not all vampires need to use hypnosis. They just have to be really really really REALLY drop dead gorgeous/(fill in the blank with any and or all adjectives of choice) and the next drunkard to pass them is easily enchanted. Also, of course I'd go bloody melee with a vamp! A stupid gun won't do crap if the stupid vampire can easily bend/break it! (Just to point out, most people will automatically presume a vamp is amongst the strongest of its kin, unless stated otherwise)

I'm playing the gunslinger class for a few reasons: a, I normally would enjoy being an aggressive loudmouth sword wielding SOB/PITA but decided to try rangedish weapons; b, I'm terrified of guns in real life, so I'm trying to physiologically convince myself guns aren't as scary in real life and if my character can shoot a gun, then in real life when my dad drags me to the shooting range I won't scream to death; c, why not?

The Vampire's Dominate ability is a Supernatural Ability with no descriptors.

(Like many things in Pathfinder NPC abilities are spontanously immune to player interference)

I was the only one to damage that monstrosity, once with fire damage when it attacked my Fire Elemental, and once with an unavoidable AoE spell that could only be cast once.

I also hit him once.

Also I would point out that all you did during that fight was act like a wildcard. Neither myself, or Retech, considered you a threat, so we ignored you.

Alg was killed purely because Retech thought he was the subject of a coalition.

Though Retech was an ungodly powerful monstrosity, using the Psionic rules, which could probably only have been defeated by Grim (And his undead), me and Ross working in tandem...and even then victory would be hard fought.

In terms of Rapid Reload applying, it would make sense for it to apply, but the rules, as they are written, don't say that they do. So get Retech to make a ruling.

Dominate superceeds Charm Person.

Dominate means a person will act to the exclusion of all other activities.

Charm Person means the person considers you a friend.

Also if you and Lei wish to do a minor session in which I play the Vampire (With Retech observing) then I am fine with that.(though not today as I am goin going out)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Um, I wouldn't mind that at all actually. Mather would presumably get mad at me because I don't listen to people well in combat situations. It's not the inability to do what I was told, it's my own personal "die you SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gimme my money baaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!"

Hell, I could use some combat training so I can get the lowdown on what I can and can't do

Ohhh how I miss these conversations. Not really. The madness on this is way beyond the scope of my wittle tiny mind, so I have no inclination to figure out what the hell you're all talking about and join back in. But have fun, nontheless.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

using the Psionic rules

Actually I didn't have enough levels to put psionics in, unfortunately. They are actually very balanced. :)

------------

So unfortunately what's going on is that it turns out the first month of school was actually just a fluke and they are going to saddle me with a lot of work for the rest of the year. I probably won't be able to continue the campaign in a few weeks, but I would like to wrap up this particular story arc (perhaps this week, but I can spare a week or two after that if need be).

If someone is willing to step in as GM (preference given to the Grim, Ross, and Archi as already experienced GMs), then I can share any notes that I have with them, since once this part of the arc is over, then it would be very easy for someone to just pick it up with the same characters but a different storyline. Alternatively, if someone wants to start up a new game/pathfinder campaign on Sundays (if they don't want to deal with the existing characters or if the world is just too f----- up to work with), that's cool too.

That doesn't mean that I won't be around and such, but while GMing, one needs to be pretty consistent in terms of scheduling and pretty attentive, and that's probably not something that I could achieve at this point.

----

But session starts at 3pm like normal

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

In theory I could run something similar, like maybe a RHoD campaign translated into pathfinder, and up scaled in power (greatly), or try kingmaker again (The city building would, sadly, be abstracted much like it is in Windward, and I'd be using IRC and maybe mumble.

EDIT: Also, if we do either of those things, expect a much higher level of PC mortality, and one of you should probably play as a front line fighter (and another a druid, reincarnates are much cheaper than raise dead).

LNYvk.png

And thus everyone had a happy ending.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

And so ends the quest. The protagonists, once a small band of petty pirates, now one of the greatest bands of adventurers that ever lived. From their humble origins as pirates, stranded on a kobold-infested island after the defeat of their benefactor, the enigmatic Captain Frega, they broke into their master's tomb and retrieved riches that fueled their expansionistic drives. Establishing a power base on the windward isles, the party terrorized the defenseless kobolds and participated indirectly in the genocide of their friends, the Duergar, in order to establish trade links with the Drow in the export of lucrative surface goods. However, their path to become the greatest adventurers of all time did not take the route of greed, but rather the lust for power.

After gaining control of the Mwangi's tree of life, the party corrupted its magical energies to raise an army of undead, ironically to stop the necromantic organization, the Whispering Way. They teleported the undead army into Absalom, the capital of good on the material plane, theoretically to stop the march of the Whispering Way, but they've been duped. It was only a distraction for the Way to free their powerful leader, the Whispering Tyrant. But all was not lost, for the mighty necromancer, Garmund Twiceborn marched into the citadel to take the test of the Starstone and became a demigod, destroying the Whispering Tyrant and creating a powerful faction of his own, become Garmund Thriceborn, a god in his own right.

Once subject to the weather and the waves, they have transcended such limitations and become the greatest BBEGs of their day. And so ends the first chapter of an epic tale for the ages.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.