Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chapter 1 - Windward

PvP Metagame Boss Hunting Combat Events F2P Quests Rants Rare Items Rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
690 replies to this topic

The_Mather1
[ Display Name History ]

The_Mather1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,742 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:The Mather1
  • Clan:Anime Lobby
The blunderbluss is the weapon she attaches her inovations to as an experimental gunsmith.
And grit is really limited because the effects would be OP if not.

And not all undead are imune to mind affecting effects, only braindead or brainless ones, which have it explicitly stated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Twitter: @TheMather1

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I think Mather's immune to mind-affecting effects.

Posted Image

Nexaduro
[ Display Name History ]

Nexaduro

A Fool On The Hill.

• Members
  • 2,437 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:NexaduroIV
  • Clan:The Honorable Tavern-that-was
All undead are immune to all mind-affecting effects unless explicitly noted otherwise.

It's harder to bullshit when the subject matter is (generally) clearly stated and readily available, ain't it?

@Neferast: I'm sorry but I love that post too much. Do you mind if I put it in my sig/marry you?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Grim_
[ Display Name History ]

Grim_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  • RSN:Duke Grim IV
  • Clan:SODB
Lei, mather isn't allowed back because he was involved in a plot to kill multiple players (myself, and nex at least), and after that failed (read; I killed nereus and captured mather) he was sent off to the duergar and effectively banished. Also, don't try to come back, as if you do (after having been sent to Absalom) you will be killed (either by suffocation, dragon, or being sent to the positive energy plane).

EDIT: Also, mather, if all classes are given 100k+ to work with, they can do some pretty scary things at 8th level, think sorcerer tossing around quicked dazing fireballs and some such (which would have a DC of something like 21), or a cavalier with boots of haste/ an enchanted lance built for charging, or really any class (hell, even the monk).
Posted Image

The_Mather1
[ Display Name History ]

The_Mather1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,742 posts
Actually my interest in that mision was solely one for self-preservation. You can talk all high and mighty about how I was involved in planning a mission that would involve killing you and Nex, but that doesn't change the fact that it was still a rescue mission to stop my own execution.

And given 100k to work with, this goblin firebomber of mine could probably do damage of upwards to 300 to everyone within radius. Yes, the attack is still area of effect, and not just focused damage.

All undead are immune to all mind-affecting effects unless explicitly noted otherwise.

It's harder to bullshit when the subject matter is (generally) clearly stated and readily available, ain't it?

So tell me where it says that: http://www.d20pfsrd....ypes#TOC-Undead

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nexaduro
[ Display Name History ]

Nexaduro

A Fool On The Hill.

• Members
  • 2,437 posts
It has a certain flair, I think, for a Necromancer to banish his enemies to the Positive Energy Plane.

Bonus if you yell 'BURN IN THE EVERLASTING HELLFIRE OF CREATION! BE UTTERLY ANNIHILATED DOWN TO THE VERY LAST SCRAP OF DEE-EN-AY!'

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nexaduro
[ Display Name History ]

Nexaduro

A Fool On The Hill.

• Members
  • 2,437 posts

Actually my interest in that mision was solely one for self-preservation. You can talk all high and mighty about how I was involved in planning a mission that would involve killing you and Nex, but that doesn't change the fact that it was still a rescue mission to stop my own execution.

And given 100k to work with, this goblin firebomber of mine could probably do damage of upwards to 300 to everyone within radius. Yes, the attack is still area of effect, and not just focused damage.

So tell me where it says that: http://www.d20pfsrd....ypes#TOC-Undead

• Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Leiana
[ Display Name History ]

Leiana

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN:Leiana2213
Thanks grim for the explanation. Though, I don't really see how a person like me should also be hated just because I washed ashore onto the same beach as a guy (well, girl, but we all understand what i mean) who messed up.

I'm practically harmless anyway, since I have only really ran into 2 actual players and haven't really needed to have a grudge on anyone besides other 3 foot shorties.

The_Mather1
[ Display Name History ]

The_Mather1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,742 posts
I'm starting to wonder how the [bleep] I managed to miss that after reading through it five times or so. This feels like one of those times when you're frantically searching for something, and then when you after half an hour ask someone if they've seen it, it's lying right there on the table.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nexaduro
[ Display Name History ]

Nexaduro

A Fool On The Hill.

• Members
  • 2,437 posts

I'm starting to wonder how the [bleep] I managed to miss that after reading through it five times or so. This feels like one of those times when you're frantically searching for something, and then when you after half an hour ask someone if they've seen it, it's lying right there on the table.

To save you much future grief; the glasses are on your head

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The_Mather1
[ Display Name History ]

The_Mather1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,742 posts
I've got 20/20 vision, so that won't ever be a problem.
Clothes however seem to disapear quite frequently, just two weeks ago I couldn't find my belt, though that was because it was behind the couch of all places.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Leiana
[ Display Name History ]

Leiana

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
Mather, this is not the back room. Just saying.

archimage_a
[ Display Name History ]

archimage_a

You can't direct the wind

• Members
  • 11,268 posts
  • RSN:archimage a

And Archi, you forgot to factor in the fact that Lei can without penalty fire into a melee

#
Ah, you misunderstand me...Since she failed the Will save (In the example) she is just the Vampire's Thrall and so it irrelevant from then on. (If the Vampire made her attack you then she would be required to make more Will Saves, and the Vampire has no reason to risk her becoming free.
Equally the Vampire could have just dominated both of you.

Experimental Blunderbluss to deal twice the damage while the Vampire was at a range where that was suitable

5*2=10, which is still less than the Vampire's DR, so the damage would have been non-existant.

that the Vampire as an umarmed foe is Flatfooted against my pen

Vampires have a FFAC of 18. Your 3 and 4 were insufficent to match this number.

It has touch AC of 17, so Deadeye is a no go.
It never directly attacked Lei so Gunslinger's Dodge is a no go.
You went first so Gunslinger's initative is a no go.
Lei was never in Melee range so Pistol whip is a no go.
None of the 3 utility shots would have helped.
Deadshot may have been useful, though she would have done....5 damage per round, after DR, and she has a limited number of Grit Points.
Startling Shot wouldn't have helped, given that you can't shoot as a move action.
None of the Targeting abilities would particularly help, and it would become immune in Gaseous form.

And thats all them...

If you had used your Whip then you could have done a few things...But at that point it had 102 HP (Or we could say 77 if Lei spent all her grit points on deadshotting it, and hit all of them.) If it grappled you (or you grappled it) then it would have started healing, tripping it over would have been viable, though with a CMD of 24 would have only succeeded occassionally...Added to which Whips don't work on creatures with a natural AC higher than 3...Vampire has 6.

You could have summoned some monsters, which may or may not have been effective. Though as we can see from the PVP session a powerful enemy can easily dispatch them.

Enthrall has already been dealt with, Dirge of Doom and Suggestion fall into the same catagory.

No, I am factoring in the fact that advanced firearms, regardless of handedness, are as fast to reload as Light and Hand Crossbows, and are applicable for the Feat.

Loading a Firearm: You need at least one hand free to load one-handed and two-handed firearms. In the case of two-handed firearms, you hold the weapon in one hand and load it with the other—you only need to hold it in two hands to aim and shoot the firearm. Loading siege firearms requires both hands, and one hand usually manipulates a large ramrod (which can be wielded as a club in combat). The Rapid Reload feat reduces the time required to load one-handed and two-handed firearms, but this feat does not reduce the time it takes to load siege firearms.

It doesn't say anything about the 'advancement' of the firearm.
And if we look at the Firearm's table a Rifle is definately a 2-handed Firearm...So what are you basing your argument on?

Also, on a point of logic, Rifles can take even longer to load than muskets, due to the rifling making it difficult to insert the cartridge. If it is breech loading then drawing back the lock, inserting the bullet and pushing the lock forward again takes at least 3 seconds...half a round.
(Muzzle loaded guns would typically take 15-30 seconds to reload, if the operator was sufficently drilled, though the designers of the game reduced that for obvious reasons)

One of the tediously annoying things about Pathfinder...and the majority of games played with other people...Is that what we know to be accurate needs to be confirmed by the designers and/or the GM. If you talk to Retech and he says 'Yeah, I think that is fine' then we all accept it...or grumble to retech about it. If you are just 'fixing' something then there are two approaches you can take:
1) You make the changes and hope no one spots them. If they do then you can hope the GM comes to see your point of view.
2) You can ask the GM and hope they see your point of view.

The second is obviously preferable.

Also, for reference, I have no issue with Mather or Lei coming back.
His part in events was that of a victim.
However I won't stop Grim from exacting retribution if he sees fit.

http://www.uzzisoft..../archimage.jpeg
Posted Image

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Leiana
[ Display Name History ]

Leiana

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
Archi, you don't have a problem with me coming "back" because your character doesn't know me anyways!

It seems rather impossible for anyone to really hate my character since I only just washed up on some beach on some unknown island two sessions ago. And I've only met two players/people and haven't killed either if them (granted the fact that I only met one for like a couple of minutes and the other is the only person I (as in my character) knows that seems friendly).

The_Mather1
[ Display Name History ]

The_Mather1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,742 posts
What the recent combat session showed is that even in an otherwise futile situation, three casts of Summon Monster III can turn the table. If not for the fact that Retech's character was deliberately overpowered, I would have either won or brought it down to a close finish. (For those that weren't there, this is the truth, not exaggeration, we're talking overpowered to the point where even natural twenties resulted in checks too low to pass through either AC, Will or Reflex. I was the only one to damage that monstrosity, once with fire damage when it attacked my Fire Elemental, and once with an unavoidable AoE spell that could only be cast once. The only one here to my knowledge that has a high enough attack bonus to hit it is Lei with her rifle.)

As for reloading advanced firearms, if you had just read the sub-sections, you would have seen it right away:

Advanced Firearms: Advanced firearms are chamber-loaded. It is a move action to load a one-handed or two-handed advanced firearm to its full capacity.

And the use of grit could have been performed the moment the vampire regained material form, with one shot to the head (which would hit, no matter what (+20 attack versus AC 17)) would confuse the Vampire, allowing Lei to tear it apart with her four blades in melee.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grim_
[ Display Name History ]

Grim_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
Unless I'm very, very wrong about your equipment, you're talking about a weapon with a +7 equivalent enhancement bonus, which should cost 92k. Give any character, (including a monk) that much cash to be spent on items, and you will get a very effective killing machine at low level. Also, lei you've met (by my count) 3 characters and one undead dragon, the other character (and undead dragon) were simply silent and invisible (whee scrolls of invisibility) when you met them.
Mather, I had no designs on your life, if you tried to resist my countermeasures and became violent (and tried to use a DC 18-19 attack against me that targeted my will save) I intended to kill you, if not then you would go on your way. It was you who decided to plot to kill me (and another person).

EDIT: Also, you're talking about a gunslinger; a class with light armor proficiency only going up against a vampire in melee. That would not end well (something about a relatively high DR, coupled with lei's low strength modifier).
And as a general question for lei; is there any reason why you chose the gunslinger, and could you be convinced to play a similar (but all together better) class like the inquisitor or something (maybe a ranged fighter or a cavalier, I like cavaliers).
Question for retech: Would you allow the hound master archtype for a cavalier?
Posted Image

Seraphin
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphin

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts

Archi, you don't have a problem with me coming "back" because your character doesn't know me anyways!

It seems rather impossible for anyone to really hate my character since I only just washed up on some beach on some unknown island two sessions ago. And I've only met two players/people and haven't killed either if them (granted the fact that I only met one for like a couple of minutes and the other is the only person I (as in my character) knows that seems friendly).

FYI, we didn't really care about you being there, just Holo.

Believe it or not, I was the one who managed to persuade Garmund not to drop a zombie dragon and a barrage of save or die spells on you. I guess my character was kinda tired of fighting the same people over and over? Always up for a decent fight, but you find one of the enemies insufferable? Solution: Teleport the involved parties 900 miles away.

Grim_
[ Display Name History ]

Grim_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
To be fair, I was planning on just sending lei to Axis, and having the dragon grapple mather (which would have done enough damage to let me FoD Holo to death).
Posted Image

The_Mather1
[ Display Name History ]

The_Mather1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,742 posts

Unless I'm very, very wrong about your equipment, you're talking about a weapon with a +7 equivalent enhancement bonus, which should cost 92k. Give any character, (including a monk) that much cash to be spent on items, and you will get a very effective killing machine at low level. Also, lei you've met (by my count) 3 characters and one undead dragon, the other character (and undead dragon) were simply silent and invisible (whee scrolls of invisibility) when you met them.
Mather, I had no designs on your life, if you tried to resist my countermeasures and became violent (and tried to use a DC 18-19 attack against me that targeted my will save) I intended to kill you, if not then you would go on your way. It was you who decided to plot to kill me (and another person).

EDIT: Also, you're talking about a gunslinger; a class with light armor proficiency only going up against a vampire in melee. That would not end well (something about a relatively high DR, coupled with lei's low strength modifier).
And as a general question for lei; is there any reason why you chose the gunslinger, and could you be convinced to play a similar (but all together better) class like the inquisitor or something (maybe a ranged fighter or a cavalier, I like cavaliers).
Question for retech: Would you allow the hound master archtype for a cavalier?

As I said, that was only responsible for 30 of the damage. If I were to spend money on various equipment to maximize it, I could just evenly divide INT bonus among all magic item slots, as every second point of INT increases the damage by 12.

And I had reason to believe your intentions were to kill me, and in any case the trigger for our plan was to be the execution of my body double (one of the plans even relying on propping the body double full of explosive runes).

And the reason Lei would go into melee with the Vampire is because when attacking with all four blades and buffed by me, her damage output is 8d3+26 per turn at +12 attack rolls, or she could go into grapple for 8d3+2d4+34 damage per round.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seraphin
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphin

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts

As I said, that was only responsible for 30 of the damage. If I were to spend money on various equipment to maximize it, I could just evenly divide INT bonus among all magic item slots, as every second point of INT increases the damage by 12.

And I had reason to believe your intentions were to kill me, and in any case the trigger for our plan was to be the execution of my body double (one of the plans even relying on propping the body double full of explosive runes).

And the reason Lei would go into melee with the Vampire is because when attacking with all four blades and buffed by me, her damage output is 8d3+26 per turn at +12 attack rolls, or she could go into grapple for 8d3+2d4+34 damage per round.

Dealing a grand total of zero damage because a vampire has DR/10 silver and magic.

PS. Enhancement bonuses to ability scores do not stack unless explicitely stated.

PPS. Where are you getting all these feats from? I can't figure out a way to make 8 attacks at level 9 without being way down in the negative attack bonuses.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PvP, Metagame, Boss Hunting, Combat, Events, F2P, Quests, Rants, Rare Items, Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users