"CrossFit" Gym to Train the Agility Skill

NukeMarine

Ok, they would not call it CrossFit as that word is trademarked, but I think this is a way to adapt the Runespan method of training runecrafting to work for Agility.

First, Mod Mark already said Agility training is going to be updated with a more AFK way of training, likely using treadmills. However, I thought this seems a bit too boring if that's all we have.

"The Elven AgilityFit Crystal Gym"

After a disappointing last place finish in the Gilienor Games, the Elvish community decided they have to improve their overall fitness grown lax by their long lived but uneventful lives. *note* we can use any species, but I think elves are more fun for this.

The "gym" is HUGE, with multiple training areas spread out in sections accessible themselves by agility shortcuts. Each area will have different workout events. The "advanced" areas actually have workout events closer to each other (less travel time and so more efficient).

Workout events: Wall Climb, Jumprope, Box Jumps, Medicine Ball Throws, Pull-ups, Handstand walks, Rope cilmbs, etc. Jagex can replicate all the various agility courses and agility arena events on top of real world workouts you see in CrossFit, or P90X or various bootcamp style workouts.

The "Workout" System:

- A player is given 5 workout events he must complete which includes the number of 'reps'. For example: Push-Ups x100, Wall Climbs x10, Med Ball Shots x 30, Treadmill x400m, Bike x1500m.

- The player is given a set time to complete all the events. For example: 10 minutes. This can be a set time, or jagex can make it based on the events being tasked.

- He can complete these workout events in any order.

- When he goes to an event and clicks, he automatically starts doing ithe event and doesn't stop until he completes all needed reps or the player stops him. Failing just means it's taking longer for the rep. This is the AFK part of the training. As such, workout event reps should take over a minute to do entirely.

- Players get XP only by working on assigned workout events and only while they still have reps left.

- If the time runs out, the player is given a new set of workout events and a new time.

- If the player beats the timer, he's given bonus XP based on how fast he finished.

Team Events

Players can sign up as teams, where all members of the chat get the same workouts. This'll require more thought in how to balance it, but one idea is the work ends when the first person on the team finishes. Bonus XP will be based on how much of the workout you ended up finishing.

The "Rewards"

Jagex can make this up themselves. It's obvious they'll make a costume (workout uniform) awarded in parts that'll be weight reducing or offer agility bonuses. Perhaps some other emotes or access to unique agility shortcuts.

Conclusion

I think this could be a fun system. It would have different animations and a group setting so players can chat. Just base the graphics on which species they finally decide on that's sponsoring it. It's AFK for the most part. The XP should be scaled to a reasonable xp/hour, which I think 100k xp/hour being reasonable for 99. Heck, Jagex

If this turns out to be like RuneSpan ie the best training method at all levels, that means Jagex needs to change the other agility circuits to offer rewards for completing a lap or multiple successful laps. Akin to runecrafting is now where the runes are made only for those that want a financial benefit to training, while the span is for faster, non-profit training.

Thoughts and ideas?

• Like 1

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Aye I think this is an awesome suggestion. Kinda fits in between the gap of having an AFK Artisans Workshop type thing and a more intensive Runespan type thing for Agility. Works rather well.

Support.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Sounds Good. Could also add: Jog in place, sit ups, Jumping Jacks (Star jumps). Inbe4Jebrim. Already put this on the RS forum?

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Sounds Good. Could also add: Jog in place, sit ups, Jumping Jacks (Star jumps). Inbe4Jebrim. Already put this on the RS forum?

There are dozens of things Jagex can put in there, and those would be cool as they're from the random event. Also I did post this on the RS Forum, but I'm the only one to comment on it. [qfc]277-278-133-64006594[/qfc]

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Love it

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

• 4 weeks later...

Or have the drill instructor random event automatically give a good chunk of agility exp?

Vmser.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I hated getting 99 agility so much, I swear my fingers still hurt. Anything to make this skill more afkable.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Workout events: Wall Climb, Jumprope, Box Jumps, Medicine Ball Throws, Pull-ups, Handstand walks, Rope cilmbs, etc. Jagex can replicate all the various agility courses and agility arena events on top of real world workouts you see in CrossFit, or P90X or various bootcamp style workouts.

Have the Demon Drill Sergent name to be revealed as Shawn T. and have him refer to his exercises as insane or you have to have some level of Insantiy to do these.

No but seriously this is a good idea. Could also have it so that as your agility level increases, so do the workout types. (Level 90 agility - P90X anyone?) Not sure how many of us enjoy The Pit D&D but they could also change that to more of a Fish Flingers/Gielinor Games type of D&D (compete with other places and elves in mock World Championship events) instead of a game of chance.

10/10

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love this idea... definitely workable in terms of code, I think, too. We've already got the pedals at the Blast Furnace that generate a little Agility XP, and that code shouldn't be too tough to put elsewhere.

Or have the drill instructor random event automatically give a good chunk of agility exp?

I did want to see the demon drill instructor come back in some fashion, or at least that really sweet agility course. Again, existing code can Jagex can reuse...

I think it's pretty cool, your suggestion. I actually thought that was for the POH before I opened the thread. :P

A new POH module would be doubly awesome! But first, Jagex has got to do something about fixing the balance beam and the pugel sticks (which I think are counted as magical staves for some odd reason), because that would be the place to put it, in a POH combat room, off to the side.

As long as they use real CrossFit exercises, I'd be all for this.

1360099404688.gif

If we are doing it by this method, do we get a little strength exp too?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Why would jagex add a gym to rs, they would think of something much more creative as thats their jobs, and there is no electric/modern tech in rs lol

Elemental Workshop 4 <---proof there is modern tech

But more on topic, this would be a nice addition to the Agility skill....but I think it needs more of a fantasy/olden times twist to it or else it would stick out like the Squeal of Fortune in a fantasy game....

My Stats

Dark_Ahnaf.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Smelly Paws

First, Mod Mark already said Agility training is going to be updated with a more AFK way of training, likely using treadmills.

Making RS less interactive than it already is? I, for one, would prefer a move away from this pointless AFK activity. We may as well stop playing this game and get instant 99's for everything.

Make an update to the agility arena. That's one of the more fun activities in RS.

First, Mod Mark already said Agility training is going to be updated with a more AFK way of training, likely using treadmills.

Making RS less interactive than it already is? I, for one, would prefer a move away from this pointless AFK activity. We may as well stop playing this game and get instant 99's for everything.

Make an update to the agility arena. That's one of the more fun activities in RS.

Yes we should have an activity like the agility arena that is more high-leveled in which players try to gather the materials to make a product. You earn points that can be traded for xp. Also it should be over 100k xp/hour.

There's a laaaaaaaarge gap between "making Agility AFK" and "giving everyone instant 99's."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...