Really Jagex? Really?

Youmu

Well it has been like 12 hours since account creation and my IP is variable. But they might have kept adjusting it since I check on my appeal daily.

Although, just because you're banned on one account does that make all your other accounts liable? Well I guess...if it's "macroing goldfarming". No gold farmer uses just 1 bot at a time.

Damnit Jagex I hate you so much.

Alright, let me get this straight, they banned you since you're from China.

Does that mean they automatically ban anyone who is Chinese? That's stupid. People can't help where they were born and raised. Sure they can move somewhere else but you shouldn't have to do that because of this.

I've seen you on the boards for a long time, and I really hope you get your account unbanned, this is completely unfair and a stupid method of banning. :(

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I've seen you on the boards for a long time, and I really hope you get your account unbanned, this is completely unfair and a stupid method of banning. sad.gif

Agreed. We've never chatted before Sonic but I'm behind you. :^_^:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I understand that China does some interesting things with Internet access. What are the odds that this, paired with Jagex's efforts, is having unexpected consequences?

That's what I'm thinking. I don't think this is entirely Jagex's fault here.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I understand that China does some interesting things with Internet access. What are the odds that this, paired with Jagex's efforts, is having unexpected consequences?

That's what I'm thinking. I don't think this is entirely Jagex's fault here.

Same here. Probably there is some sort of error here Jagex didn't except. But that still doesn't mean they shouldn't unban legit players when they appeal, like Sonic...Unban Sonic now, Jagex.

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

>implying this isn't some sob story to cover your own ass.

62sGJ.gif

No offense, but you seem to have thrown in the towel too soon. Fight the ban.

There's not much else he can do until he gets a response back from a jmod via his email/ingame appeal.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

Considering the time it was banned, the amount of legit players vs gold farmers in China and their possible ignorance/lack of willingness to look into possible causes of that ban, throwing in the Towel seems an appropriate response, albeit an extremely painful and very undesired one.

The reason why I used the Legit players, is because China, Taiwan (where I am from) and Korea are all countries where MMORPG's grow on trees, chances of Runescape ever taking shape in these countries, even considering that they are fully translated, are slim (much of the graphics in MMORPG's available here puts even the best looking western MMORPG's to shame, let alone RS), thus it probably looks to jagex that banning China's entire legit playerbase is an acceptible loss to ban all of their gold farmers. If they are willing to ban China entirely, chances of any Legit chinese players from successfully appealing is going to be slim.

I am in no way saying Chinese should not play RS (if I meant to say that, I would have shot myself first), but this entire situation highlights a serious issue with China

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Just made my third account and so far no ban. I'm currently avoiding the VPN I sign in at my part-time job, thinking that could possibly be the reason of my ban. Another precaution I took was change my IP.

So far I haven't been banned and even though I'm only level 14 (About to do monkey madness >_> ) at least I'm starting to feel a little more safe again since I haven't been banned yet. Just don't want to play this game and make a new account every time I play. That's just lame.

PS: RS community is horrible these days... I'm on trial members with g.e. rune limit at 50 and people can't even be bothered to buy some runes for me at G.E. after asking nicely? Not like I'm begging or anything since I would pay...

There's nice people out there who seem to help new players, but then there's a lot of maxed players who will happily troll/scam for no real purpose, but their own sense of empowerment. Sad losers these days...

Edited by Kimberly
Removed off topic

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Hanlon's Razor.

So in light of today's botany bay mass banning, I think it's pretty safe to say there's a good chance this is just a cockup on their part and NOT some sort of insidious anti-Chinese agenda. There's really no evidence to suggest the latter.

If you are reading this Sonikku, an excerpt from Jagex'es facebook account:

Hi guys,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the recent mistake.

Unfortunately, whilst updating our systems, a human error occurred which resulted in the accidental banning of a selection of online accounts. These bans have now been reverted and we will be rebooting the servers shortly to ensure that all accounts can log in as normal.

Please be assured that no accounts have remained altered due to this issue.

Again, we are extremely sorry for our error.

Better check your account again

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Yeah, I got my account back. Was away for a few days because of a school trip, so only just heard of this.

But somehow I have a 10-day ban on my main, again for "macroing minor" LOLOLOLOL.

I hope this all gets sorted out soon.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Yeah, I got my account back. Was away for a few days because of a school trip, so only just heard of this.

But somehow I have a 10-day ban on my main, again for "macroing minor" LOLOLOLOL.

I hope this all gets sorted out soon.

At least you're back with us now though ^^ Hope to see you ingame soon!

Sonic were you ever hacked and lost control of your account for an extended period of time?

I ask because on reddit there was a similar situation to you - same area, same ban when they didn't macro. Except the person gave his account to someone he knew and that guy botted. They might be doing retroactive bans. If you appeal this one, let them know the dates you were hijacked to the best of your ability (if you were.) Maybe it'll help? :/

EDIT: someone asked me via pm for the link:

Like I said, he was stupid and gave his account to someone else who botted on his account. The same thing might've happened to you if you were hijacked (or gave it away, but I know you wouldn't do that). So yeah.

hzvjpwS.gif

Never gave my account away, and ever since my "hijack" a few months ago my account and bank PIN were never touched, and my xp was always consistent.

So I'm really not sure what happened.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Seems rather unlikely Jagex just accidentally permanently banned you, to be honest.

Well, I'm sure they have automatic system which is probably the reason why so many people got wrongfully banned.

But I really am hoping you're right that they don't accidentally permanently ban someone who doesn't deserve it.

• 11 months later...

Locked as this thread is almost a year old.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.