Botany Bay & Ozan Quest Double Bill - Sept. 26th, 2012

Dexek

It was in the bots livestream from the other weekend.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What the royal [bleep]. I was just banned for macroing. O_o

Standing in the castle wars waiting for the game to start, get up to open my window next to my desk and when I look back it says I was banned for macroing.

What the royal [bleep]. I was just banned for macroing. O_o

Standing in the castle wars waiting for the game to start, get up to open my window next to my desk and when I look back it says I was banned for macroing.

Yeah Jagex stole the "You're banned!" off-topic game from us and started using it in game.

I think it would be interesting if Jagex made a live-ban map where they show a secondary world map which red areas where they have recently banned accounts.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I get the feeling though Botany Bay has launched the detection system may still be on training wheels as it were, sort of Jagex looking at data on who it *wants* to ban in a given area they haven't tackled yet to triple check for false positives before telling it yes you are picking these up correctly be free to ban hammer, afterall they did say it is a learning detection system or perhaps the sheer volume of bots is causing bottlenecking issues, many of the larger worlds seem to be rather laggy.

@above Jagex did say that though it was in reference to discovering loopholes and such rather than initial roll out, the point being player reports would create a 'hotspot map' of where bots are so they can look at the area and train the detection to deal with that area. Which would kinda fit in with my optimistic stance on this things rollout, could be a case of it's still being trained for the chin bots etc.

Well I, for one, would love to share your enthusiasm and optimism, but as of this moment in time, I do not.

Perhaps you’re right and the actual anti-bot mechanisms aren't in place yet. Perhaps the bots I am seeing have been “warned” already and simply continue to flaunt their mechanized indifference in the face of their immanent demise. I don’t know.

What I DO know is that this notion of “hot spotting” seems somewhat farcical when it’s been abundantly clear where the bots generally congregate and has been for quite some time.

You know, it’s moments like these when I get that distinct feeling that the "game developers" spend far too much time in their own game boss killing, and not any time whatsoever in training skills or killing lower level monsters, because, if they did, they’d fricken KNOW already where the bot hotspots are …

At least that's my impression, anyways.

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

I get the feeling though Botany Bay has launched the detection system may still be on training wheels as it were, sort of Jagex looking at data on who it *wants* to ban in a given area they haven't tackled yet to triple check for false positives before telling it yes you are picking these up correctly be free to ban hammer, afterall they did say it is a learning detection system or perhaps the sheer volume of bots is causing bottlenecking issues, many of the larger worlds seem to be rather laggy.

@above Jagex did say that though it was in reference to discovering loopholes and such rather than initial roll out, the point being player reports would create a 'hotspot map' of where bots are so they can look at the area and train the detection to deal with that area. Which would kinda fit in with my optimistic stance on this things rollout, could be a case of it's still being trained for the chin bots etc.

Well I, for one, would love to share your enthusiasm and optimism, but as of this moment in time, I do not.

Perhaps you’re right and the actual anti-bot mechanisms aren't in place yet. Perhaps the bots I am seeing have been “warned” already and simply continue to flaunt their mechanized indifference in the face of their immanent demise. I don’t know.

What I DO know is that this notion of “hot spotting” seems somewhat farcical when it’s been abundantly clear where the bots generally congregate and has been for quite some time.

You know, it’s moments like these when I get that distinct feeling that the "game developers" spend far too much time in their own game boss killing, and not any time whatsoever in training skills or killing lower level monsters, because, if they did, they’d fricken KNOW already where the bot hotspots are …

At least that's my impression, anyways.

:rolleyes:

Again I'd point out the hotspotting was referenced in relation to moving forward and new workarounds emerging when they brought it up in live stream. It certainly was NOT implied to be a case of they need it to know the current hotspots as they do not know where bots are. The point being if there was a sudden work around where by bots made a resurgence at chins (assuming of course this bot stuff all pans out and they go byebye) the hot-mapping via reports would draw attention to the new issue allowing them to get on it quicker or in the same vein if there was suddenly a bunch of MA bots the hot mapping would draw attention.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

From what I've seen and read, Botany Bay is nothing more than a spectacle. Players have no say on who gets taken there or what happens to them. Every bot that goes there is getting banned regardless.

I'm much more interested in the supposedly coming second bot nuke, but I doubt it will stop bots for long.

From what I understand, heat maps are supposed to build up in botting areas, and the system has been profiling accounts for a while now. Just visited green dragon bots. There was at least 30 bots there. So far, I'm not impressed.

On a side note, just went back to green dragons after Jagex's little [bleep] up. The bots seemed to have cleared... :)

Empty yew trees at grand exchange.

Empty mining guild.

Looks like they flipped a switch for the bot update. Might have been a little overhauled :)

w4M8t.png

On a side note, just went back to green dragons after Jagex's little [bleep] up. The bots seemed to have cleared... :)

Empty mining guild.

Looks like they flipped a switch for the bot update. Might have been a little overhauled :)

Isn't that just because of the update? Bots need to be reactivated etc...

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Empty mining guild.

Isn't that just because of the update? Bots need to be reactivated etc...

The botting client still works.

w4M8t.png

The false bans (from shared ip) are easier to deal with when you imagine that Jagex sends out a bunch of renegade cops to deal with the case.

incidentally, that also might indicate that there's a botter in your immediate area

8f14270694.jpg

The hot spot mechanism associated with this update is too focused, and it practically allows rulebreaking in the non-commonly botted areas.

I went to a random f2p world at Lumby and I noticed a rwt adbot login. It started spamming, so I reported it. After a few minutes, it stopped. It slowly walked to the ge where I followed it to. It started spamming again, but this time at the ge. I reported it again, and it was banned after 2 lines of messages.

The new quests were phenomenal. I loved going through them and I spent I think an hour and a half just listening to every bit of dialog throughout the quests. I'm really glad I read the bit of "lore" they released alongside the quest first, really helped.

It makes me wish all the desert quests were updated and replayable.

Can't wait for more quests like that.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

The hot spot mechanism associated with this update is too focused, and it practically allows rulebreaking in the non-commonly botted areas.

Sounds like mission accomplished.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I really loved the quests, the voices, all the lore, the magnificent new graphics and how the area just breaths now!

My only problem: how do you re-enter the Kalphite Nursery again? The quicksand doesn't seem to work anymore and from a quick glance I couldn't find an entrance in the caves of the Kalphite Lair. :s

EDIT: silly me, forgot about the well! xd

• Like 1

The quests were amazing. I really want to see the old dessert quests redone, to see if they've retconned the chnage with the addition of the devourer and the diamond. Probably not, but it is definitely a nice introduction to the dessert stories.

I do wish they would add a choice to enable a voice for our parts. Just allow us to enable it and if we don't like the voice turn it back off.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Nice quests -- I enjoyed them immensely -- however, I think I preferred Prince Ali Rescue to the new Ozan series. It's probably just me though. I've never been attracted to the Narcissistic personality type that narrates everything he's doing.

While I like the voice over work, I have to agree that I wish I had an option to add a voice for my own character. I think it would make the scenario a little better.

That said, what were basically two very short quests took a lot longer to get done because of all the voice over work. Not that I was in a rush or anything, but they did take longer than they normally would without the voice over feature. Still, these days with quests coming so few and far between, I find myself savouring every quest when it comes out, so I probably dawdled over these ones just to enjoy them more.

|^_^|

nyuseg.png

I visited Botany Bay last night and loved it! Throwing rotting tomatoes, picking a punishment, and laughing along with the other spectators. I also like that there's a lot of talking with everyone there.

I'm going to check out the new quest later tonight. It sounds like it's going to be good.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Voicing our character would be nice but they'd have to find a good way to allow us to choose a voice (unless its just an option or something.). I'm not sure how they could keep that in the game lore. Not that anyone cares anymore, though.

Instead of "Adventurer" a system of choosing either a nickname (from a few hundred or so?) or something like freminnik names would be nice. "Adventurer" is kind of boring.

The quest was fun, but it was kind of strange to have it split up.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I wish they would scrap the voice overs...I bet we would get a lot more quests faster that way. It also seems like it is making the new quests shorter because of all the work going into voicing them over.

• Like 1

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

I wish they would scrap the voice overs...I bet we would get a lot more quests faster that way. It also seems like it is making the new quests shorter because of all the work going into voicing them over.

Personally I really enjoy the voice overs. I think it adds a lot of quality to the quest. And it makes them think more about the dialogue.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Personally I really enjoy the voice overs. I think it adds a lot of quality to the quest. And it makes them think more about the dialogue.

Tbh I don't think the voice overs have anything to do with how long quests take; the music composition probably takes twice as long as voiceovers and the coding, graphic design etc. all take waaaaaayyyyyyyy longer than audio.

Look how much more indepth the lore is going to get a real proper story opposed to run around throwing these objects at people...why? Because erm the dwarf tripped over a twig and found a magic hedgehog. Yup thats the story.

And the overall polish opposed to recycled graphics and animations we are getting all sorts of new ones with the quests.

And the new cinematic cutscenes.

The entire package is of a much higher quality and as they always say Quality > Quantity. If we get 1 quest every month or 2 of this standard I'm MUCH happier than having 2 a month that take 5 minutes and don't really add anything to the game in terms of story/lore/content.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Still woodcutting bots at the Mage Tree house near Camelot. Reported the lot of them. Nothing's happening. :(

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]