A Quick Update

Stev

Not as of yet. I have a lot coming up IRL which could potentially slow it down. One of these things being an appointment with my surgeon to book surgery to get my leg replaced... After having it fused straight for 4 years. :D.

But, Peter and I also have to finalize DGConnect. We have it properly sending/retrieving the image properly, but I'm waiting on him to change the way player position are sent/retrieved.

I'm also very picky with the functions. If I see it hit 1% CPU usage on my PC for any reason, I rewrite it until it doesn't. There's only a few things left to do now though... Key utility, Connect - Find members, Options, keep the layout and style but redesign the main DGSweeper window to use a different language, etc.

DW though, this close, I'm excited to work on it to get it out.

EDIT: Current DGConnect takes ~300-400MS to upload the map (ontop of saving/reading the file). Takes a little less to download it. Mine does it in 90MS. :).

09144a99bb.png

Where does that interface go? I'm just a little concerned that it takes up so much space compared to the current DGSweeper.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You'll be able to double click the tray icon to open it. From there you'll be able to connect, change options and such. The standard legend/map/timer takes up less room in this one then the current. :).

• Like 1

09144a99bb.png

Below is the potion boost calculator in action. Just a quick snip. :). Sorry for the quiet talking; Melanie was asleep beside me.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

09144a99bb.png

Can't wait :D

That looks great, does it bring up results as you're typing or do you have to press enter to obtain the result?

Also, for a possible improvement you could add the picture of the herb + secondary to make it more user friendly. It would be quicker and easier for the people using it too, as I think that most of the people using this tool will go off of the picture rather than the text.

I thought of that too, Mere. That's why I made it usable with the current hotstring. You only need to view it for a second to remind you of the ingredients or levels, so as before, typing, !pot.raf.100. would quickly show you the levels and ingredients needed for 100 Crafting - from there you can just click behind it to activate RuneScape again. :).

09144a99bb.png

Any chance the hotstring could add a small memo next to the dgsweeper window as the current version does?

By the time I get the herb, im often in doubt of seconds.

Also, is it possible to make it so that 'agi' selects agility over magic?

Vmser.png

Put a bit of work into it again tonight. Finished the file verification functions that'll be used to verify if your DGSweepers and resources are up to date, and also ensure that the file it downloaded is a legitimate DGSweeper EXE. That way, if we were to unfortunately lose control the Tip.It domain (however unlikely, things happen), the hackers couldn't point to a malicious EXE. Safety first.

While work on the GUIs are complete, things like potion functions, riddles, and more still need finished. I also have to think of a new hotstring for them, since typing a ! in RuneScape, if the chat is not opened, selects your first action bar.

In short, work on everything but the GUI shown in the video above are finished. :).

Haven't been putting as much time into it as I'd like, however. Suppose that's the drawback of only being one developer. <.<. A position opened at one of my jobs that they've been hassling to take has had me tied up also.

Edit:

After a lot of frustration, and I mean a lot, I finally found a layout for the gatestones and keys that I love. Each time I'd spend hours working on one, try it, hate it, and simply keep it anyways. Well, I give you:

1CiwM.png

Of course, those circle buttons will have icons in them representing gatestones or keys. And that map is actually one retrieved from DGConnect. No dots!

09144a99bb.png

Soo.. is the gatestone interface going to be at the same side as keys, or opposite?

What you have now is aimed at keeping track of gatestone locations and 'attach' the gated keydoors to the gatestone location right?

How does that affect the keys interface? select a key and either click a room on the map OR a gatestone, or can it be done with both?

Vmser.png

You should never need to place a gatestone on the same room as a key. The keys were planned to go over the ? rooms and gatesteons to go in the opened room leading to those. The two utilities will be the same window. To change between the two, you'll click the circular buttons (which will have icons) on the map window.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

^ Couldn't use my usual Fraps because Fraps won't record DGSweeper.

09144a99bb.png

• 2 weeks later...

From the screenshot, I assumed they keys got 'grouped' (bubbles on the left side of the map frame), which could either have related to gatestone locations or to players (by using same color for the circles as for the players in legend).

If done like that - mouseover over dgsweeper marked keys could give the matching name of the player that has it gated.

In essence - you replied to my question - with it being able to add both gatestones and keys to map - that should cover aswell. Thing is you can wonder what matters most - knowing who gated it, or where exactly the gatestone is at. Question wasn't aimed at the possibility of adding a gatestone AND a key to the same room on map.

Vmser.png

Although DGConnect is working on my end, @MageUK still has a lot of server-side work to do before it can go public. I'm sure he's got a lot on his plate at the moment and therefore won't rush him. However, if I do finish everything with exception to DGConnect, I will release it with DGConnect temporarily disabled. The down-time DGSweeper has had the past few weeks is ridiculous and I'm really eager to kick that company to the curb with the next update... So the sooner it gets out, the better.

I have merged the main interface, the window seen in this screenshot...

1Hlkx.png

...with the actual DGSweeper and have them communicating perfectly.

I'll be removing the relative positioning. People can simply place it where they want like they can now with positioning set to Absolute.

Also, with the new DGSweeper... If I want to add features to it later on, depending on the feature, it won't require you to update. I can quite literally update the interface window and it's features live. ;).

09144a99bb.png

Days from release. :).

I literally have to have it finished soon for... Well.. Reasons which everyone will find out soon enough. :D.

09144a99bb.png

Looks promising. :)

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Kinda feel a bit sad after seeing the post by Stev on Facebook. I hope he keeps up the work on this tool it's invaluable for newbies and casual dungeoneers.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I'll still put some time into it here and there... But I keep running into a strange bug when ever I use it with Ben... And I can't seem to figure out what it is or what's causing it.

The past week or two I've not been able to turn on my PC and sit at it for longer then a minute or two before I get pissed off and turn it back off... Have been trying to get it out for you guys just so I don't feel like a dick. Lol.

09144a99bb.png