6 Hour log. REMOVE IT!!!!

Bluud

• 4 weeks later...

you can say that is good that Jagex cause its unhealthy to stay online that long in their eyes but I mean come one. Its not their call to make. There is a age limit on this game.. The people that follow that rule are old and wise enough to decide on what they do and how long they do it.

When you lose gear cause of this.. it will take a lot of time to earn it back.. That makes us play even longer lol.. And its not good for our bloodpressure when this happen(for the most of us)

Some people say stuff like this are good to fight bots? Sorry but I disagree

- They are still out their

- Don't punish the fair players with stuff like this because there are bots in this game

I'm also not so sure if (bug?) is their on purpose tbh

I also saw someone saying that he reloads the client everytime befor he starts pking.. are you serieus? I mean come one lol.. Stuff like this shouldnt be in need at all

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

I don't think they should remove the 6 hour log system cause it stops the bots from continuing to ruin the game. just reload the client when you go and pk the next time

In contrary, the 6 hour timer has little to no effect on major bots. Most botting clients simply reload the game applet and restart the script it was running or pause and resume after logged in. It took the two major bot clients less than four days to add a workaround when the 6 hour timer was added.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

There is a age limit on this game.. The people that follow that rule are old and wise enough to decide on what they do and how long they do it.

These are the same people who will grind for weeks to get money, fool themselves into using that martingale system at the duel arena, declare on a public forum that they are quitting after they lose their bank, post on a Runescape forum how great life is without Runescape, and subsequently return only to find that all their items are gone because they visited freersgold.com. I would never use the word "wise" to describe the average Runescape player.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

With all the respect for your opinion.. But thats is simply short sighted for you to say. I'm old enough to pass that rule and in my opinion wise enough. Following your reply I'm grinding for weeks for money, quiting this game if i fail and posting about it on the forum? Sorry but you dont know me at all.. That is the only thing that you proved by your previous comment to me. Try and keep facts and opinions seperate please.

Fact is: I playd this game for over 11 years, never got hacked/pw scammed never bought rsgold or even considerd doing so. Most of my friends (and my list is full) haven't or they dont bother talk about it so there goes your statement to dust.

What my point was is that players doesn't need to be hold by their hands to make sure they don't play to long lol thats their parent job. Not Jagex call to make.

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

you should log out frequently and reload your page prior to doing anything serious... i've done 2s3l at times and got 6 hour logged randomly in the middle of the floor and have to refund :/ sometimes it happens with my partners..

but i still think the 6 hour limit should be fixed :P because smoetimes it takes about 7-8 hours rofl !

but definitely keep it <:

Theperfectg.png

The 6 hour timer starts when you launch the runescape client. As soon as it ends and you are in-game or in lobby, you will be ruthlessly kicked out without the ability to relogin. That is how it always worked. Typically it is treated as if you lost connection: instant (less than 5 seconds) disconnection while not in combat or in combat with NPCs, 20-30 seconds (to ensure you die) while in PvP combat or if attacked after kicked).

However, if your client crashed, then it is an entirely different story. Sorry to hear that.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

With all the respect for your opinion.. But thats is simply short sighted for you to say. I'm old enough to pass that rule and in my opinion wise enough. Following your reply I'm grinding for weeks for money, quiting this game if i fail and posting about it on the forum? Sorry but you dont know me at all.. That is the only thing that you proved by your previous comment to me. Try and keep facts and opinions seperate please.

Fact is: I playd this game for over 11 years, never got hacked/pw scammed never bought rsgold or even considerd doing so. Most of my friends (and my list is full) haven't or they dont bother talk about it so there goes your statement to dust.

What my point was is that players doesn't need to be hold by their hands to make sure they don't play to long lol thats their parent job. Not Jagex call to make.

I would never use the word "wise" to describe the average Runescape player.

I wasn't talking about every single player.

Simply put, you can't trust everyone over the age of 13 to make wise decisions.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

To all those people that claim that this is really Jagex looking out for the wellbeing of their players by making sure they don't play excessively, I say: bullshit. If they were really interested in trying to ameliorate the worst excesses of addictive games like RS, then they'd do a lot more than just instituting some silly once per 6-hours automatic forced log-out that anyone can bypass by simply logging back in. The only thing the 6-hour log-out does is pose as an infinitesimally small annoyance to people who play excessively; I am not opposed to this, but let's not pretend that this is some sort of earnest effort on Jagex's part.

• Like 1

To all those people that claim that this is really Jagex looking out for the wellbeing of their players by making sure they don't play excessively, I say: bullshit. If they were really interested in trying to ameliorate the worst excesses of addictive games like RS, then they'd do a lot more than just instituting some silly once per 6-hours automatic forced log-out that anyone can bypass by simply logging back in. The only thing the 6-hour log-out does is pose as an infinitesimally small annoyance to people who play excessively; I am not opposed to this, but let's not pretend that this is some sort of earnest effort on Jagex's part.

He has a point. Maybe Jagex is really caring but I doubt that. Not because of their character as a company per say, but because nearly every game on this planet warns you of excess playing. They are required by law to tell you that you should take a 15min break for every hour of gameplay. Games with bright lights warn you they can cause a seizure. Every game insert I own has some little "Stop playing and go see your doctor if.." bit on the last page (or first page). Each chapter in MGS4 must be individually loaded and takes anywhere form 2 to 5 minutes whilst telling you that smoking is bad for your health and you should take mini game breaks while playing his masterpiece film. We know Kojima is an sarcastic genius but even he has to obey the law. I'm pretty sure Jagex doesn't want you to stop playing. But like every other game they have to comply and give some type of warning concerning excessive game playing. Thus, the 6 hour log fulfills that. Parents are happy because their child isn't on all day (or at least those parents that do care), and honestly, until Billy can pay for his own P2P zeker then he must obey.

With that said, I don't think they should remove the 6 hour log. Yes they should work it better so that you get a warning but they've had the 50% loading issue for 2 months now so all this is just a pipe dream. If you are gonna be doing something important (Fight caves, quest boss, PVP) log out and reload your browser. Some of us remember to do MTK and dungeoneering like clock work. If logging after what you feel is a long gaming session saves you full Bandos then why not? Billy as an adult would know this. At the very least you have to go to the bathroom and shower. Better to be safe than sorry guys.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's that harmful. I normally get logged out while getting a snack or something(bathroom, laundry) before getting there. While I understand your anger as others have said a break is good.

Alexsage91.png

I know it's pretty right now but, I'll get there(I hope :P).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't mind the idea of the auto log-out, personally. It only affects me because there is no warning. Add a visual warning (timer, chatbox message, whatever) and I wouldn't care at all.

Thats what the game needs IMO. I dont really have an issue with the 6 hour log....its the lack of warning that annoys me

peever142.png

I agree with the previous points made concerning Wilderness fights and prior warning before autologging.

But in my opinion, you really should not be playing this game for six hours straight. It's not good for your health. I've never even managed to get six-hour-logged, and I play way more often than I should.

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with the previous points made concerning Wilderness fights and prior warning before autologging.

But in my opinion, you really should not be playing this game for six hours straight. It's not good for your health. I've never even managed to get six-hour-logged, and I play way more often than I should.

you dont have to be playing, you can be sat in the lobby for hours

baileydafrog.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, strange isn't it? These days you're some horrible noob if you only play for 6 hours, and it's considered perfectly normal and commonplace for people to play 6 hours a day (many play far more than that). Something like this would have been unimaginable just a few decades ago. The 6 hour log doesn't actually address it in any way. It only inconveniences you momentarily. If it, for example, made it so you could only play 6 hours maximum per day, that'd be a concrete step (though obviously that won't happen), but a mere trip to the lobby is nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I can see why jagex has this log timer in place to stop people botting etc but WOW! how can they overlook something as big as logging while in combat u cant do a lot of things while in combat so logging u out should be one of them! this is a huge oversight by jagex! deffo needs to be fixed!

Edited by Kaida23