what was your first job ! ?

skitzOwns

I didn't need a job at 16 because I was in school making an effort for my future.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Door to door cosmetics salesman was my first job

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I didn't need a job at 16 because I was in school making an effort for my future.

Having a disposable income at 16 is nice though.

I worked as a janitor for a few months as my first job. Monday through Friday at 5pm I'd sweep or mop the entire building for ~an hour. That was nice.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Meat Department cleanup at Atlantic Superstore (Canadian Maritimes). Probably the worst job I have had as of yet. I was 16 at the time and wanted some money, the parents weren't poor they just didn't give us money. Helped me gather a few thousand dollars for my college years since the Canadian student loans don't give enough money to last the year. At least it was only about 15-20 hours a week at that first job.

Why not both?

I work at Wendy's (which is my first job). Pretty much always front register + lobby. I'm not gonna lie, it kind of sucks, but it's really not all that bad. Plus, WA has the highest minimum wage in the country at over 9 dollars an hour, so that's a plus.

Why are you 16 and not in school?

I got kicked out I'm 16 atm and looking for a job as my girlfreinds pregnant my perents kicked me out I was homeless for 1 week sleeping on roofs benches shed (etc) school aint for me especialy if I need to make a living.

Computer Science tutor in college was my first job. I was also a sophomore at the time.

If you want to count first jobs with benefits that could carry a family, it'd be the one I'm at now - Software Developer.

Sorry to hear about your personal situation, though. You definitely do need to find work that can provide health benefits for your family.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Computer Science tutor in college was my first job. I was also a sophomore at the time.

If you want to count first jobs with benefits that could carry a family, it'd be the one I'm at now - Software Developer.

Sorry to hear about your personal situation, though. You definitely do need to find work that can provide health benefits for your family.

I was a software developer for a while, best job I had so far :P.

Depends how you classify it.

First job ever: Mowing Lawns + basic landscaping

First job with an official paycheck: Busboy & Dishwasher at an Irish Pub

Current Job: Agent & Supervisor at a call center.

Don't worry about too much about what it is when it's early on, at the moment you probably just want the $$. Later on worry about a career and what the job is and all that :P

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Why are you 16 and not in school?

I got kicked out I'm 16 atm and looking for a job as my girlfreinds pregnant my perents kicked me out I was homeless for 1 week sleeping on roofs benches shed (etc) school aint for me especialy if I need to make a living.

Have you ever thought of an abortion? I understand if you're in a place where it's illegal, but damn I've seen so many put on a lot of unnecessary hardship for a few moral standards.

Anyway, my first "job" was helping my dad with dispatcher work for his owner-operating trucking company. I never had an "official" job.

• Like 1

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My first job was driving a green pea combine during the summer months between my sophomore and junior year of high school for a company owned by my family. It's kind of like a rite of passage that all the men in my family have done at one point of their life. In all honesty it was a pretty fun job, and the pay checks weren't bad either since we were racking up 60+ a week.

tFtfA.jpg

Why not both?

I did have one, I just didn't need one

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

My first paid job was working as a care assistant. As far as first jobs go, it was honestly very satisfying work which inspired me to go to university and train as a nurse. It wasn't well paid, though; barely above minimum wage.

Re: The pregnancy. I think abortion is an option your girlfriend should be aware of, and if that's what she wanted because neither of you have the financial capacity to look after a baby, then it's a choice she should be supported in, because in my experience, it's not something any woman finds "easy" and definitely not something a woman feels "nice" about. I wouldn't necessarily advise it though: it's her choice, and if she didn't want to have one, then we should all respect that.

I shouldn't need to lecture you on safe sex either, if the pregnancy was unwanted/unexpected, should I? ;)

There's more than enough services out there.

My first job was as a caddy at Crooked Stick golf course, working during the summers.

My first full time position was as an Electrical Engineer co-op student at Technicolor, which lasted for 5 semesters.

Somehow, I don't think that will help you with your current situation. My advice to you is to straighten up, apologize to your parents and your girlfriend's parents, get back in school and graduate. And once you become of age, join the military.

• Like 1

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I worked as a helper in a dairy farm in summer. It was in Norway though.

Now, 9 years later I have worked there for 8 summers and am planning to go there next year aswell. Get 2.5 average Estonian paychecks there. Quite easy job aswell.

But if you are 16 and with such a situation, I have no freaking idea about what you are going to do with your life. You must have done something really bad to get kicked out of school and your own home...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

My first job was as a caddy at Crooked Stick golf course, working during the summers.

My first full time position was as an Electrical Engineer co-op student at Technicolor, which lasted for 5 semesters.

Somehow, I don't think that will help you with your current situation. My advice to you is to straighten up, apologize to your parents and your girlfriend's parents, get back in school and graduate. And once you become of age, join the military.

Your advice seems rather specific, given you don't even know how well he'd perform in a military role. So he's screwed up, got no opportunities... only thing he's good for is front line infantry right? I think that attitude died about a dozen years ago, at least.

My first paid job was working as a care assistant. As far as first jobs go, it was honestly very satisfying work which inspired me to go to university and train as a nurse. It wasn't well paid, though; barely above minimum wage.

Re: The pregnancy. I think abortion is an option your girlfriend should be aware of, and if that's what she wanted because neither of you have the financial capacity to look after a baby, then it's a choice she should be supported in, because in my experience, it's not something any woman finds "easy" and definitely not something a woman feels "nice" about. I wouldn't necessarily advise it though: it's her choice, and if she didn't want to have one, then we should all respect that.

I shouldn't need to lecture you on safe sex either, if the pregnancy was unwanted/unexpected, should I? ;)

There's more than enough services out there.

woah woah woah, he asked what your first job was, not whether or not he should destroy his first born. :P

My first paid job was raking leaves and mowing lawns. My first real job was in Catering, which I still do full time. It's exhausting, but it puts money in my wallet.

Edited by Kimberly
removed off topic discussion

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

That post was actually in counter to a previous post which went half way to recommending abortion, something I'd never tell someone unless it was medically necessary for them to do so. I think for people to make good choices, they should be well informed of all options available and the consequences of those options, in an impartial manner. I don't "promote" abortion (although I do promote women's rights). I promote a person's right to be knowledgeable about the decisions he or she may face.

In any case, it's not actually his decision. It's his girlfriend's.

Edited by Ginger_Warrior