what was your first job ! ?

skitzOwns

Started in 2006 as a labourer/technical assistant working probably 25 saturdays a year, until I finished high school in 2009, bought my first car in the same year. In 2010 I got a full time apprenticeship as an apprentice motor mechanic at a Honda dealership but left after 6 months as I was fighting with one of the other mechanics there who didn't like me too much for some reason, he would start fights with me and I would end them LOL.

August 2010, I trade changed to apprentice auto electrician, thats what I'm doing now, I've got until August 2014 until I'm qualified, then I'm going to move on and do something else, wouldn't mind trying to get a job at Ford Australia.

I specifically work on emergency vehicles in particular, ambulances mostly, its boring, just want to GTFO.

I'm still doing the technical assistant thing but I'm considering dropping it soon.

Poochu.png

• 4 weeks later...

Worked at a Ledo's pizza as a "summer" job, and then quit and started working at my local public library.

Fantastic pay, we get 10.25$/hr which is insane enough for a minimum-education job, and we're getting raises next month to 12.50$/hr.

Get library jobs, people.

Runecrafting | Cooking | Firemaking

writer | musician | scholar

My first job is right now working at a farm for about 5 hours a week (I'm still in highschool). 11 dollars an hour and my pay check usually lands about 130 every couple of weeks.

Pine tree (christmas tree) trimmer. It was surprisingly fun (talking to the other workers, listening to music, zen-like stuff as I thought to myself) despite its repetitiveness and the soreness (basically I just swung a machete for four hours), and really good pay ($10 per hour). That experience has really made me eager for my next job.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

A lot of these first jobs sound so interesting.

As for me, my first job was when I was 20, working at WHSmith (a stationary store) which, for retail, was actually a lot of fun. I think a lot of that was the people who I worked with though.

Only worked there over the Christmas period until Uni started again. After I graduated last year I got a job at HMV (another retail store) which, was mentally draining as it seemed to attract complete halfwits.

Anyway, I left there about a month ago and now work freelance for various film/games sites and am considering a masters in Journalism.

Sylpheed.png

• 2 weeks later...

I worked at a butcher and started at 15.

That sounds like a good profession. Surrounded by meat. <3:

Carving meat is a ridiculous skill when you get into it, too. Coming home bloody and reaking of meat all the time is overrated though. Personally the act of chopping animals that still look like animals is what turned me off to it. I still carve pigs and lambs here and there, but I hate it quite a bit.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn