Bronies: Love it or Hate it?

horsegallop

Never met one of them in real life probably because i'm not in school anymore where people are generally looking for a place to belong. People generally grow out of silly fads once they enter the real world.

Low_C.png

I think the whole bronie thing was a small group of guys trying to be ironic. Then out of that other people on the sidelines got into it because you would already see groups of people posting it all over the internet. The people on the sidelines grew to love it and became bronies. The original trend starters moved on to something else already.

Thats my theory but who knows maybe it all started because they really loved the show

I like MLP, I love the characters and, quite simply, I think its pretty. That's enough for me to watch something - being an anime watcher I never had any compunction about watching it. I'm not insane or mental about it. Its just any other fandom. There's the crazies and the sexual ones and then there's the majority of sane fans who just like it. They don't want to have sex with Twilight or anything. And even there are some that do, I don't really see what it matters to any of us. Unless its being shoved in your face, but any fandom is horrible when it starts doing that.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Whenever I see "Haters gonna hate," I'm now tempted to post, "trolls gonna troll."

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The problem is that a lot of the bronies on the Internet are the really hardcore shoveitinyourface kind of people.

You could apply this to any fandom given how they can appear/be worse based on how vocal they can get.

Alg: Didn't it start there just because someone dissed the show, resulting in someone from that said hive (and I think I know what you are referring to) sampling the show and liking it?

To be fair, sometimes you don't discover something unless it's being shoved in your face. I mean, I pestered my roommates for a couple weeks to watch Avatar before they did, and they really enjoyed it. We watched the whole thing in less than a week, between school and work and different schedules, and after the first session they always started without me, so it's not like I'm just assuming they liked it.

I also feel like the Brony community has calmed down *a lot* in the last year. When it started up, it was as bad as any other meme, with references anywhere they didn't fit, but I don't see it nearly as much any more. I'm unsure if this is solely because I'm on the internet less now, but it's not like I visit fewer sites than I used to; if anything, I surf a wider variety now than I have in the past.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

One of my worst memories involves a time where I picked up a carful of friends to go to another friend's bonfire, and three of them ended up being closet bronies and played my little pony remixes the whole half hour car ride up there before making everyone at the bonfire watch three episodes of the shit.

Needless to say, none of them have ever ridden shotgun in my car or have been given music privileges since then.

• Like 3

I used to like MLP but stopped once the fanbase got out of control. The first season is actually decent, but the second season felt like it pandered way too much to the "brony" crowd (the chocolate rain thing and Derpy talking).

Bronies nowadays are annoying as [bleep]. They constantly shove their show down people's throats and I feel so much second-hand embarrassment when they announce it in public settings.