King Black Dragon and Dungeon Rework- October 9, 2012

Arceus

I believe they've changed all drops completely - yew logs now appear in piles of 50 instead of 100 and runes come in batches of 50 instead of 45 or whatever previously.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I believe they've changed all drops completely - yew logs now appear in piles of 50 instead of 100 and runes come in batches of 50 instead of 45 or whatever previously.

That's a shame, the yew logs were the best reason to kill it. It was alot faster than cutting them

I used the insta kill darts on my lowbie account today. 100 silver ore 50 laws 250 mithril arrows and I can't remember the fourth drop. overall underwhelming.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

That's a shame, the yew logs were the best reason to kill it. It was alot faster than cutting them

Ahahaha..sad but very true.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

As I said before, loot pinata.

Got to be honest, I didn't like the price of the assassin outfit, nor do I like the price of this new suit. I'd much rather pay those 40 bucks on two decent full-sized games.

• Like 2
22031_s.gif

I wish they'd do what guild wars does and sell runecoins for ingame coins. 10k Cash per runecoin sounds about what I'd like it to be.

Even the ability to buy them with loyalty points would be nice.

The problem with buying them for ingame cash is it would fund gold farmers more. It would be more cost effective to buy gold and the runecoins then to out right buy runecoins

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So they increased drops but didn't change the difficulty of the kbd? Was really hoping this update would make him a challenge. Disappointed.

If you watched the BTS you wouldn't have been disappointed on release day. They very clearly want the kbd to remain a mid-level boss and freshening its drop table to increase the desire to hunt it, however by the time high levels are done hoarding the kills there it will be back to mid-level dead content because the drops will be worthless.

hzvjpwS.gif

It might be more profitable than before though, as they have a good sequence of drops that will be desired which it didn't have at all before. I imagine it will be crowded for a few weeks though.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

So, did anyone notice something important in the new notes that drop? (or, at least it was important in my eyes)

Pretty important lore addition and inclusion of something I thought we wouldn't see again.

The Ripper Demon(s).

The notes distinctly say that they are the "Empty Lord's".

The prospect that we could see some real versions of them excites me.

I am nice. . .

Went to kill it a few times, but had to compete with other L138's... Hopped a few times but very crowded :( Back to glacors I guess :)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

so is it worth it to go through the wild for the 10% damage boost and use supers, or just tele there with ovl

You can tele there then pop in and out of the cave quickly and still get the 10%

but can you do that with ovls in your inven?

Overloads don't prevent you from entering the Wildy, they will just only boost your skills to that of a super potion if you drink them in the Wilderness.

Fried_Chikn8.png

5b xp let's go!

Saw the dwarven warsuit ingame today. Looks alright, but not good enough to be worth the $40-50.

24l24hw.jpg

Hey I could buy that, OR I could buy A BRAND NEW GAME WITH 10-100+ HOURS OF GAMEPLAY.

Jagex, seriously, be realistic when making these prices.

• Like 6

Saw the dwarven warsuit ingame today. Looks alright, but not good enough to be worth the $40-50.

24l24hw.jpg

Hey I could buy that, OR I could buy A BRAND NEW GAME WITH 10-100+ HOURS OF GAMEPLAY.

I hate to be the one that mentions WoW around here, but I remember the uproar when Blizzard started selling FLYING MOUNTABLE HORSES MADE OF STARS for real life money. Everyone thought it was overpriced.

It costs $25. And it sure as hell looks better than this piece of scrap.

22031_s.gif

24l24hw.jpg

I hate to be the one that mentions WoW around here, but I remember the uproar when Blizzard started selling FLYING MOUNTABLE HORSES MADE OF STARS for real life money. Everyone thought it was overpriced.

It costs $25. And it sure as hell looks better than this piece of scrap.

The sparkle pony also has a purpose and not just used for a cosmetic item, even though it looks badass.

The sparkle pony scales with your character, meaning as you unlock better flight ranks, your pony evolves into the next tier as well in terms of mount flight speed

[spoiler=Sparkle Pony!]2uEEo.jpg

But back to RS...

WoW also has a more advanced game engine. Wow uses way fewer resources than Runescape, mainly because of the lack of Java overhead. Runescape does have the graphical capability for items like the sparkle pony. They just want to "allow all computers to play" which is fine if the only thing you have is a toaster to play RS on. Maybe the HTML5 client will improve, who knows?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

WoW also has a more advanced game engine. Wow uses way fewer resources than Runescape, mainly because of the lack of Java overhead. Runescape does have the graphical capability for items like the sparkle pony. They just want to "allow all computers to play" which is fine if the only thing you have is a toaster to play RS on. Maybe the HTML5 client will improve, who knows?

The price of the dwarven suit is still not warranted, in my opinion. The point I was trying to make was that Jagex is overpricing something ( an outfit + extras) that is already considered overpriced in other games (such as WoW). Even the Sims 3 sells DLC for "only" $20 dollars, which consists of furniture, clothing, hairstyles etc. all in one pack.

22031_s.gif

The sparkle pony also has a purpose and not just used for a cosmetic item, even though it looks badass.

The sparkle pony scales with your character, meaning as you unlock better flight ranks, your pony evolves into the next tier as well in terms of mount flight speed

[spoiler=Sparkle Pony!]2uEEo.jpg

Lawl. The skeletal PvP dragon (forgot actual name) from WoW was waaayy more badass.

*Sorry for digressing from topic :D

seconcomiha2.png

543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007

9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012

5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013

Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

It's not overpriced if people pay for it. Perhaps they could make more money if they lowered the price, but, again, that doesn't mean it's overpriced.

Just because people buy it does not mean it's pricetag matches its value, which is what overpriced means.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

It's not overpriced if people pay for it. Perhaps they could make more money if they lowered the price, but, again, that doesn't mean it's overpriced.

Typically when you say something is overpriced, that means that the price of the object well surpasses the equilibrium price, where supply and demand meets.

For example, if vending machines started selling bottles of soda for $5 each, it'd be well above what is considered equilibrium price. Of course a few people would still buy it, because it varies on individual choice, condition, etc. But it doesn't make the price reasonable.