King Black Dragon and Dungeon Rework- October 9, 2012

Arceus

Please, whine more. Jagex has stated recently that the main reason for introducing SoF/SGS was to help them build a nest-egg to help pay for improvements to the game and its engine. Even then they went further stating that they knew they were initially pushing microtransactions pretty hard off the start. The bottom line should be that if jagex sticks to their guns no one should mind buying a few things to help push them up to a better game engine. On that note there are also many things in the real world that we all can't afford that are "luxurious" or "too expensive" and thats not going to change for the game either. The chivalry of customer loyalty may not be around like it was back in the day, but the concept is still alive. Why don't you people start looking at how your loyalty might help better this game for the long run. No one is asking you to buy these things and with the purported purpose of these transactions being to build a nest-egg to boost runescape into a better engine I'd gladly contribute. Honestly I would love to see runescape in a game engine that puts its content in a vast globe that isn't so cluttered.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Please, whine more. Jagex has stated recently that the main reason for introducing SoF/SGS was to help them build a nest-egg to help pay for improvements to the game and its engine.

No one is rebelling against the sof or whining. We all benefit from better game improvements which they are reportedly using the funds on. But what people are trying to point out that they'd sell more if the content was more reasonable lower price. This is why you see more cat/fox/dog suits / teleports / emotes / etc than assassin and dwarven suits and even less achievement banners.

But then you have the gall to somehow equate not paying 20$ over any other costume value as being disloyal? Get real. There's only one person whining right now, and it's becoming a bit of a broken record i tell ya whut

Bu6Jo.png

(Please take careful note, I am trying to highlight where they have succeeded and failed with outfits and items. This is called constructive criticism.)

• Like 3

hzvjpwS.gif

Please, whine more. Jagex has stated recently that the main reason for introducing SoF/SGS was to help them build a nest-egg to help pay for improvements to the game and its engine.

No one is rebelling against the sof or whining. We all benefit from better game improvements which they are reportedly using the funds on. But what people are trying to point out that they'd sell more if the content was more reasonable lower price. This is why you see more cat/fox/dog suits / teleports / emotes / etc than assassin and dwarven suits and even less achievement banners.

But then you have the gall to somehow equate not paying 20$ over any other costume value as being disloyal? Get real. There's only one person whining right now, and it's becoming a bit of a broken record i tell ya whut

Bu6Jo.png

(Please take careful note, I am trying to highlight where they have succeeded and failed with outfits and items. This is called constructive criticism.)

Agreed. It's literally better for all parties if they lowered the price.

Bu6Jo.png

I agree, as well. They just need to find their equilibrium price that will maximize revenue.

From a business sense, it's smart to release this outfit "overly expensive". At least now, they will be able lower the price in the future to meet the cheaper demand. Conversely, customers never act nicely to price hikes :shame: .

seconcomiha2.png

543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007

9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012

5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013

Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

I would gladly buy the assassin outfit if it only cost $10-15. Maaaaybe even $20. But $40 is ridiculous.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I suppose I get that a bit. Doesn't surprise me Jagex being a bit off base, but neither does a whiner every times something happens. Seems both sides are nearly as idiotic at times.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yes.

I suppose I get that a bit. Doesn't surprise me Jagex being a bit off base, but neither does a whiner every times something happens. Seems both sides are nearly as idiotic at times.

Yes...Yes they are.

ಠ_ಠ

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

still think that it does not compare to the assassin gear, the higher end outfits should really reflect better design decisions

i watched iron man today and it just makes me more sad about this thing

am i terrible for not even talking about the pricing right now

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

still think that it does not compare to the assassin gear, the higher end outfits should really reflect better design decisions

This. I had a similar conversation with my brother about fish masks. Something like this proves that there are some people who will spend a silly amount of money on something that looks terrible as long as it's unique or limited in some way.

It looks like a steampunk version of Iron Man. Methinks someone at Jagex has watched The Avengers one too many times. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

When they said Dwarven Warsuit, I was thinking something like this:

yJXXH.jpg

While it didn't live up to my expectations it's certainly not awful. I kinda like it.

Unless you like it enough to spend 40 bucks on it, they didn't do a good enough job. :P

Nevertheless, I would rather buy skyrim than the dwarven warsuit. Both cost the same, and I'd get a ton more outfits, including a dwarven warsuit if I bought skyrim.

• Like 3

Give me RS version of Daedric armor anytime, and I will probably never obtain a cosmetic set at the same speed as that.

Assuming they didn't blunder that is.

Back on topic, i find that the dwarven warsuit outfit has too much wood, and not enough metal or shine, as well as a rather ugly mask that ruined it. As regards to its teleport animation, it looks more like Warmonger's teleport in Iron man 1 than Iron man's (sky high teleport resemble it better)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Unless you like it enough to spend 40 bucks on it, they didn't do a good enough job. :P

Price will always be the bottom line; I understand that. But I am not judging it right now based on its value. I'm judging it on it's appearance.

Realistically, there is absolutely nothing they could have done on cosmetics alone to make it worth 40$. Like I said I already think they need to rebalance the prices for their cosmetic items.

hzvjpwS.gif