Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hallowe'en Treat: Scary Bonus XP Weekend!

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:mtomali

So why is everyone mad? Because you couldn't get your raw materials fast enough?

This is the RuneScape community. If Jagex announces a bonus experience weekend, everyone complains. If Jagex doesn't announce a bonus experience weekend, everyone complains.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

How dare they give away free XP. [bleep]ing [wagon].. Wait, what are we complaining about?

So for anyone keeping score:
1: Complain about bonus exp weekends.
2: Complain when bonus exp weekends are replaced with promotions like the mad may necklace and promissory note.
3: Complain when they announce a bonus exp weekend that's also available to F2P'ers.

This exactly. I hate to say this, but to everyone complaining:
just [bleep]ing quit if you are complaining about something like this, because you are insatiable.

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts
Bob: Gotta stock up for BXP weekend!
*cue image of vault full of ores, logs, and all le jazz*
Jagex: Hey guys, no moar bxp, sorry
*cue Bob going through Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression*
Bob: Nooooooooo! It's a LIE!
*later*
Bob: Imma kill dem trolling mods!
*later*
Bob: C'mon Jagex, instead of two bxp, just one a year? Just one no? One is fine. C'mon jaggy. Let's figure something out!
*later*
Bob: WAAAAHHHHHH. My extremes, gone! WAAAAAHHH. My dreams, gone! WAAAAAAHH.
*later*
Bob: Pffff. FINE.
*heads to GE with wheelbarrow full of stuff*
Banker: Errr, sir? What can I do for you?
Bob: Sell all this stuff.

*mucho later*

Jagex: BXP! YAY!
Bob: WHAT?!

/random

2480+ total

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
Dammit Jagex, this is not the way to attract and keep players long-term members. If anything, this is making the loyal players fed up with the constant bull getting thrown as us, and only attracting short-term players unlikely to stay for the long haul.

How their updates for last few months appear:

SOF SOF Solomon SOF Solomon *Lie about how much we care about the game* SOF Solomon SOF *Goes back on their word, harming game and angering players* SOF SOF Solomon SOF.

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Dammit Jagex, this is not the way to attract and keep players long-term members. If anything, this is making the loyal players fed up with the constant bull getting thrown as us, and only attracting short-term players unlikely to stay for the long haul.

SOF SOF Solomon SOF Solomon *Lie about how much we care about the game* SOF Solomon SOF *Goes back on their word, harming game and angering players* SOF SOF Solomon SOF.

Where does SOF or Solomon appear in their post? I wish I could slap you irl.

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts

Uh, I was just listing the updates we have seen over the last few months.

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Uh, I was just listing the updates we have seen over the last few months.

So they do something different and even offer free players something, and you don't have to do microtransactions to do it.

And you still complain.

I owe you one slap.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

So why is everyone mad? Because you couldn't get your raw materials fast enough?

This is the RuneScape community. If Jagex announces a bonus experience weekend, everyone complains. If Jagex doesn't announce a bonus experience weekend, everyone complains.

I didn't complain about them removing it. Stop generalizing.

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
EDIT: Something weird happened.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

EDIT: Something weird happened.

I accidentally quoted your post, but I fixed it right before you replied.

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
Thus, bonus experience weekends are not new? Giving free players something this time is nice, but it is not difficult to see how these do more harm than good.

If you don't believe it is harming the game, at least see that events like this convince a minority to players to stay on for ridiculous hours to try gain the most benefit out of the 48 hours. Its not healthy.

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Thus, bonus experience weekends are not new? Giving free players something this time is nice, but it is not difficult to see how these do more harm than good.

If you don't believe it is harming the game, at least see that events like this convince a minority to players to stay on for ridiculous hours to try gain the most benefit out of the 48 hours.

And that last part is bad how? They can play however they want to play. Hell, get bloodclots for all I care. I probably won't even be on this weekend. Didn't even participate in the last 2.

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

If you don't believe it is harming the game, at least see that events like this convince a minority to players to stay on for ridiculous hours to try gain the most benefit out of the 48 hours. Its not healthy.

People already play ridiculous amounts of time to achieve their goals, BXW does nothing but mess up prices.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

You are 100% correct. They should only make the game playable for a total of 3 hours a day and the accounts be locked the other 21. Because having them available 24 hours convinces people to play as much as they can.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

CoachK
[ Display Name History ]

CoachK

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • RSN:Cherub Life

You are 100% correct. They should only make the game playable for a total of 3 hours a day and the accounts be locked the other 21. Because having them available 24 hours convinces people to play as much as they can.

Rofl! This would kill RS. Please tell me you were joking.
Posted Image
543rd person to achieve 99 smithing - April 15, 2007
9,167th person to achieve max cape - December 15, 2012
5,345th person to achieve max skills - April 1, 2013
Achieved Completionist cape - April 5, 2013

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
Ok, it seems like people like to misinterpret. And hyperbole.

I have no problem with people playing long hours. Hell, I have played 6+ hour days myself. But that doesn't mean Jagex should actively encourage you to play a full 48 hours non-stop to try get all the benefit from the weekend.

Bad analogy: I also have no problem with people smoking, but I don't believe we should have TV ads which encourage it.

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
lol I guess I'll get a few herblore levels up for overloads.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

Rofl! This would kill RS. Please tell me you were joking.

Get the [bleep] out.

Ok, it seems like people like to misinterpret. And hyperbole.

I have no problem with people playing long hours. Hell, I have played 6+ hour days myself. But that doesn't mean Jagex should actively encourage you to play a full 48 hours non-stop to try get all the benefit from the weekend.

Bad analogy: I also have no problem with people smoking, but I don't believe we should have TV ads which encourage it.

Nowhere do I see them actively encouraging long playing hours. Can you point me to a direct quote please. They make offers available for the weekend so as to make them available to all players (across the world, rather than isolating those outside of the 'ideal timezones'). As for your "bad" analogy, I'll let it side, give how absurd (nearly comedic) it is.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
*Points to main post*

Is it really that hard to see? They are offering great rewards for those who are on during these hours. This encourages some to play extensively to reap the rewards only available during these hours. Even if it was not their intention, even if they don't actually say the words, it still encourages this type of play.

Choose to read it how you wish to, if you enjoy these weekends and do not see any negatives then so be it. It's the internet, I am not going to change your mind, nor will you change mine about how events like this do more harm than good.

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

But that doesn't mean Jagex should actively encourage you to play a full 48 hours non-stop to try get all the benefit from the weekend.

How could they possibly make limited time events where people wouldn't try to capitalize on the benefit offered? Bonus XP Year? This is not Jagex cramming an incentive into a puny time-slot so they can brainwash us into playing for long hours, these are players who's priorities are so far gone that they'd actually stay up 48 hours straight for extra xp.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users