Varrock Square in V1 dead.. :(

Jennya

I remember there used to be so many people there, and most recently in May / June / July ... now it's dead.. :( I never see any groups of people there anymore, not a single person.

Why is this happening? :c When did it Die? Was it killed by the G.E ? :c (also GE is a major laggfest for me so it will never be the same as the Square.)

Hasnt it been dead since the GE was released in 2008? :blink:

Yeah W1 Varrock and W2 Fally trading centres kinda died with the GE back in 08.

The only reason it had crowds this summer was Jubilee and Olympic events being based there; especially the Olympic ones.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No before those Events.. when it had nothing but stalls and the fountain it used to be popular, it didn't die after the G.E ... NOW it's dead .. and I'm wondering why. :( It was popular from 2008 - 2012. so I am wondering what the hell happened in 2012. =/

I remember seeing people everyday there weeks before those olympic / stuff events. :/

I've honestly never seen any major crowds in such a place (aside from events) since GE.

Sure it wasn't just general player traffic from incoming teleports?

Because that would've also reduced since March when lodestones came in so people started using them more instead.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nope. It were high level players, both f2p and m2mbers and some low levels. Not a tele crowd, i remember people Alching a lot there. And E-Dating / Dancing, people with bunny ears & rares & such... I remember it so much, today it's gone? Not a single damn person there.

I still reckon teleness has something to do with it more than anything.

P2P wants to be 'cool' and show off 'rare' items on F2P = Goes to stand somewhere a lot of people are likely to pass by.

That place in F2P would be Varrock since it is the most central, has the most relevance for what passes for high level in most F2p skills and has a convenient nexus point of a teleport spot that is on the path ways to many major f2per locations (eg edge yews, ess mining via aubury, ge, varrock ivy, smithing etc.)

So they stand there to look 'cool' which adds some people mass.

So then some foot traffic stops to admire their 'cool' 'rare' items adding to the mass.

Then some of the p2pers retired friends and such come by to chat and maybe alch if they want to be doing something productive whilst lurking in f2p.

Then seeing a crowd beggars and noobs and e-daters and all the sort join the area assuming it is a great place to earn a buck and get a gf.

Add in lodestones.

There's now cheaper ways to get around reasonably quickly than teleporting via magic.

There's now teleports than land you a lot nearer to many useful things eg Edge lodestone is gr8 for yews and banking and ge.

There's less foot traffic to show off to so the P2Pers leave.

With no-one to be in awe of/no friends to chat to the 'amg thts so cool' and p2per friends leave.

With no major amount of people around the beggars and e-daters and such have no reason to loiter there.

Long story short add lodestones = removal of teleport foot traffic = destruction of a natural nexus for gathering in the f2p world.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

(eg edge yews, ess mining via aubury, ge, varrock ivy, smithing etc.)

Ivy isn't available to f2p, is it?

@TC:

There has been a huge decrease in "Fashionscapers" in free worlds, and still rather uncommon in members worlds. I think most people from that generation have moved on to other games, or began playing Runescape more seriously.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Ivy isn't available to f2p, is it?

No, it's not.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I think he was talking about the fashionscapers/e-daters near the castle entrance.

• Like 1

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The hell is a fashionscaper?

10 years and I've never heard that term used before.

Share for poor man with lack of smrts pls

Spending most of your time on rs finding good looking outfits. Least that's how I define it.

1ccdp.png

#fashionscape

• Like 1

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Spending most of your time on rs finding good looking outfits. Least that's how I define it.

1ccdp.png

#fashionscape

oh i used to be one of those!

lol, Lumbridge w1 is full of those and has always been, full of level 100-120s dancing with level 10-90 She-males and e-daters. :L

oh and the house near Varrock, near the guards used to be like VSquare, but died before or after it died.

I remember Varrock Square being busy as a trade centre in F2P as recently as 2005, or so – but personally, since I started playing P2P, I rarely spend much time at all in any of the F2P areas. I only go to Varrock Square now to claim my Jack of Trades and buy battlestaffs …

nyuseg.png